• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Official - Paulinho

I think our attack will have the freedom to flourish when we lock down the space in front of the centre backs:

------------------Capoue--------------------------Sandro-------------------

-----------------------------------Dembele/Paulinho---------------------------------------

----------Lamela-----------------------------------------------Eriksen----------

-----------------------------------Soldado/Ade --------------------------------------

would prefer one of Sandro/Capoue than both, same with Dembele/Paulhino and would very much like to see Eriksen central - we have wingers, let's use them

Sandro
Dembele------Eriksen
Lamela------------Townsend
Adebayor

or

Capoue
Paulhino-----Bentaleb
Lennon---------------Chadli
Soldado​

would prefer one of Sandro/Capoue than both, same with Dembele/Paulhino and would very much like to see Eriksen central - we have wingers, let's use them

Sandro
Dembele------Eriksen
Lamela------------Townsend
Adebayor

or

Capoue
Paulhino-----Bentaleb
Lennon---------------Chadli
Soldado​

I know that he is playing Centre mid or left side in our wonky 4-4-2 but Eriksen played as one of the wide two or behind the front man for Ajax. He needs to play further up the pitch where he can use his eye for a shot pass into space and his shooting ability.

Agree though that Sandro and Caoue is overkill. Dembele is good at tracking and tackling and Benteleb and Paulinhio can do it ok ish, you dont need two players playing so deep.

Summer activity minimum -> LB, Striker, Keeper (Brad/Gomes replacement), pacey LW optionally. Not likely to be cheap for that lot.

Agree with those positions. The reserve Keep should not be expensive. But the rest will be. But I do feel we need a Fast Left winger when we have Townsend. So i would hope to get in another striker that suits a more lone role and maybe a quality left back.

We all see he does his best work when being left to attack, for me I still think we would fair best with a winger so I'd go with.

----------Sandro-------------
Walker-------Eriksen----------
--------------------Townsend
------Lamela--Paulinho--------
------------Ade--------------

It does however mean we lose the use of Eriksen in the advanced areas, but then he and Paulinho can rotate with one another.

We all see he does his best work when being left to attack, for me I still think we would fair best with a winger so I'd go with.

----------Sandro-------------
Walker-------Eriksen----------
--------------------Townsend
------Lamela--Paulinho--------
------------Ade--------------

It does however mean we lose the use of Eriksen in the advanced areas, but then he and Paulinho can rotate with one another.

I like this formation as we get away with having 12 players ;)

I know that he is playing Centre mid or left side in our wonky 4-4-2 but Eriksen played as one of the wide two or behind the front man for Ajax. He needs to play further up the pitch where he can use his eye for a shot pass into space and his shooting ability.

Agree though that Sandro and Caoue is overkill. Dembele is good at tracking and tackling and Benteleb and Paulinhio can do it ok ish, you dont need two players playing so deep.

i read stuff back in the summer which suggested Eriksen played in a 433 at Ajax as a part of the middle 3? either way in my proposed line up he'd have the freedom to push forward making it more of a 4231 at times

The touch for the goal was outstanding.

Insane skill, control, turn, shot, all perfect ..

Reminiscent of Gareth' goal at Swansea last season =D>

tumblr_mkhh9vyakL1r1fq7do1_500.gif

TenseSnoopyAtlanticblackgoby.gif

If he is the middle of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1, what of Eriksen? "Wide" left?

Yes, with the freedom to come inside and do what he does. Similar to when Silva or Nasri play wide for City. And, of course he would also be an option for that number 10 role competing with Paulinho depending on form, injuries, fixtures etc.

Yes! I beleive that Eriksen is wasted on the left in the Wonky. He has way more to his game but needs to be able to come a lot more central to be in and around the striker. He also has a very good shot on him.

I would like to see something like this:

----------------------------------------Sandro---------------------------------------
------------------Benteleb--------------------------Pualinhio-------------------

----------Lamela-----------------------------------------------Eriksen----------
----------------------------------Adebayor-----------------------------------------

Obviously you can then plug Townsend or Chadli into either of the front three wide poistions and i think you would get more out of them. Paulinhio and Eriksen can link up with Ade to present more of a threat in and around the box. You have the unpredictability of Lamela on the right ( when fit, and playing well of course ) Benteleb to keep things moving and also he has a decent shot on him as well if he gets forward. And Sandro to do most of the patrolling but he can swap runs with either of the other two in midfield. Sandro and Benteleb can also be swapped out for Dembele and Capoue.

I beleive this formation would negate the space we are giving up in front of the back 4, release Benteleb to more influential on the ball and give Paulinhio more license to be in and around the box like Lampard is for Chelski ( or should i say was ) With Eriksen more involded and the out of form Soldado not in the side.

I like that team a lot.

With all these formations, we seem to be playing with no width at all so presumably it comes from the fullbacks?? If that's the case then we definately need that DM.

With all these formations, we seem to be playing with no width at all so presumably it comes from the fullbacks?? If that's the case then we definately need that DM.

that would be playing to our strengths:
- speed down flanks: lennon, townsend, walker, rose
- strength in the centre: dembele, capoue, sandro, paulinho
- freedom to roam: ade, soldado, eriksen,lamela
- (plug our weakness- slow centrebacks : help from defensive midfielders)

bentaleb, paulinho are fantastic tactical options for the right opposition but we need a more defensive posture with others

Could he become a regular goalscorer if played just off Ade?

I think he works in a 2 man midfield for Brazil, because the 4 in front of he and Luis Gustavo, are creative players, who don't rely on good distribution from midfield.

Oscar, Neymar, Hulk, Lucas

Back