• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Official - Paulinho

I can understand the ghosting, and that he seldomly loses the ball. My question marks are more about his end product. I think sometimes his end product is missing.

I agree, though peversely his lack of end product has helped his performances this season as its meant that he's been playing deeper where his reading of the game has been beneficial. It does now leave us with too many deep CMs as you have him, Sandro and Capoue who are all best played deep

I think what I was trying to say that his talents don't suit a deeper midfield slot unless alongside a DM with someone else in there to do the passing. If we are to play a midfield three where we want to see good passing tempo then Dembele for me is going to have be the man moving into space further ahead

I think what I was trying to say that his talents don't suit a deeper midfield slot unless alongside a DM with someone else in there to do the passing. If we are to play a midfield three where we want to see good passing tempo then Dembele for me is going to have be the man moving into space further ahead

i agree with this view... I see a staggered formation from DM to paulie to AM in the centre.
a DM would give him the freedom to go forwards

Last edited:

Twitter / Tim_Vickery: "Paulinho: Tottenham have amazing players and never depend on only one. Our collective is very strong" @sambafoot_en http://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/56..._mano_menezes_and_links_with_real_madrid.html

Was it harder to adapt at Tottenham Hotspur with the change of manager [Tim Sherwood replaced André Villas-Boas] and being injured so soon after joining?

“It was a new process for me, but from the beginning I believed everything would work quickly. My new teammates welcomed me and the club structure impressed me. All this helped me to be calm to perform my job on the pitch.”

What are the main differences between Villas-Boas and Sherwood?

“They both understand football and are professionals. Tim has the advantage of knowing the club, in addition to hae being a football player. But both are amazing professionals.”

What is your preferred position?

“I always liked having more freedom to push forward. I can also play in a three man midfield. Here in England, I’m used more like what the English call a box-to-box midfielder.”

What differences do you see between the Premier League and the Brasileirão?

“Here in the Premier League you need to be very quick mentally. Spaces are shorter and the game is much more tactical and tight.”

Has your style evolved playing in England?

“In England, I have acquired more tactical knowledge and improved the speed of my decision making. Today, I see myself as a more mature and dynamic player.”

The team has been inconsistent in the league. What is wrong?

“We are going through an unstable time. We are training hard to find the right solution to our problems. Our team has great quality and I'm sure we will come out of this situation.”

Has the loss of Gareth Bale [sold to Real Madrid for a reported fee of €91 million in September] weighed heavily?

“It is clear that the loss of a player of Bale’s level is going to have an affect. The team will take time to adapt to not having him. But like I said, Tottenham have amazing players and never depend on only one. Our collective is very strong.”

So long as he seems free to play he does well, I'm still worried about some of his finishing though. I'm still hoping we will see something like this with a fully functioning Lamela, all floating around and interchanging with our striker. We do though need that back line sorting out first. Definately need to get ourselves a solid, compact defensive shape

nice goal but he has a tendency to clog things up up front. to the point where ade and soldado have to drop really deep.
also he seems to have lost any semblance of defensive responsibility in the hull game, didn't track back as far deep as before under AVB.

For now at least I would like to either see him as part of a 3 man midfield or as the advanced central midfielder in a 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 or call it the deeper striker in a 4-4-2 if you prefer.

With Dembele and Sandro out against Hull I think starting him deeper was fine, but to me he seems to consistently do his best work close to (and in) the box and not really contribute much around the halfway line. I also think his energy would help our pressing a lot in that 'number 10' slot and we would be more balanced with two of Dembele, Sandro, Bentaleb and Capoue behind him or alongside him in a 3 man midfield.

For now at least I would like to either see him as part of a 3 man midfield or as the advanced central midfielder in a 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 or call it the deeper striker in a 4-4-2 if you prefer.

With Dembele and Sandro out against Hull I think starting him deeper was fine, but to me he seems to consistently do his best work close to (and in) the box and not really contribute much around the halfway line. I also think his energy would help our pressing a lot in that 'number 10' slot and we would be more balanced with two of Dembele, Sandro, Bentaleb and Capoue behind him or alongside him in a 3 man midfield.

If he is the middle of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1, what of Eriksen? "Wide" left?

If he is the middle of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1, what of Eriksen? "Wide" left?

Yes! I beleive that Eriksen is wasted on the left in the Wonky. He has way more to his game but needs to be able to come a lot more central to be in and around the striker. He also has a very good shot on him.

I would like to see something like this:

----------------------------------------Sandro---------------------------------------
------------------Benteleb--------------------------Pualinhio-------------------

----------Lamela-----------------------------------------------Eriksen----------
----------------------------------Adebayor-----------------------------------------

Obviously you can then plug Townsend or Chadli into either of the front three wide poistions and i think you would get more out of them. Paulinhio and Eriksen can link up with Ade to present more of a threat in and around the box. You have the unpredictability of Lamela on the right ( when fit, and playing well of course ) Benteleb to keep things moving and also he has a decent shot on him as well if he gets forward. And Sandro to do most of the patrolling but he can swap runs with either of the other two in midfield. Sandro and Benteleb can also be swapped out for Dembele and Capoue.

I beleive this formation would negate the space we are giving up in front of the back 4, release Benteleb to more influential on the ball and give Paulinhio more license to be in and around the box like Lampard is for Chelski ( or should i say was ) With Eriksen more involded and the out of form Soldado not in the side.

Yes! I beleive that Eriksen is wasted on the left in the Wonky. He has way more to his game but needs to be able to come a lot more central to be in and around the striker. He also has a very good shot on him.

I would like to see something like this:

----------------------------------------Sandro---------------------------------------
------------------Benteleb--------------------------Pualinhio-------------------

----------Lamela-----------------------------------------------Eriksen----------
----------------------------------Adebayor-----------------------------------------

Obviously you can then plug Townsend or Chadli into either of the front three wide poistions and i think you would get more out of them. Paulinhio and Eriksen can link up with Ade to present more of a threat in and around the box. You have the unpredictability of Lamela on the right ( when fit, and playing well of course ) Benteleb to keep things moving and also he has a decent shot on him as well if he gets forward. And Sandro to do most of the patrolling but he can swap runs with either of the other two in midfield. Sandro and Benteleb can also be swapped out for Dembele and Capoue.

I beleive this formation would negate the space we are giving up in front of the back 4, release Benteleb to more influential on the ball and give Paulinhio more license to be in and around the box like Lampard is for Chelski ( or should i say was ) With Eriksen more involded and the out of form Soldado not in the side.

I like that side a lot. We'd need a longer-term "complete" striker to replace Ade and a backup for him, but that works for me.

I like that side a lot. We'd need a longer-term "complete" striker to replace Ade and a backup for him, but that works for me.

Bony or Benteke would be good players for our squad setup or Lukaku of course. All are going to cost in the 20m range though. I would hope that any summer activity would be fairly limited to just adding quality in a few key positions and move forward with the squad we have.

Bony or Benteke would be good players for our squad setup or Lukaku of course. All are going to cost in the 20m range though. I would hope that any summer activity would be fairly limited to just adding quality in a few key positions and move forward with the squad we have.

Summer activity minimum -> LB, Striker, Keeper (Brad/Gomes replacement), pacey LW optionally. Not likely to be cheap for that lot.

Back