• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Official - Paulinho

I'm sorry to say this but i've never seen a more unbrazilian brazilian in my life.

Why exactly is it allowed for a player to literally hide and go missing for 90% of games he's played? i've seen him chicken out of 50/50 challenges on 3 occasions that i remember now, go totally missing during a game and expose his CM partner. Is it really ok for a player to do this? to do nothing for a whole game. He stays on because of his goalscoring threat but jesus?

We talk about Lennon playing ****, about dawson playing ****, about Chiriches playing **** but what is worse? a player trying but playing **** or a player that does nothing...simply vanishes. You don't see him in the defensive positions when the opposition is attacking, you don't see him closing people down, you rarely see him making runs from the centre to support the front man. It's just extremely weird, no?

Oh and just to clarify my position.

I would sell him in the summer. For some reason Madrid seem interested and would probably spend more than we paid. I think that would be much needed ££££ in the kitty to go into buying a passing Central midfielder. I thought not having a creative CM wouldn't be so bad...I WAS WRONG. It's absolutely stunk.

I'd offer Inter a swap for Kovacic.

Kovacic plays better in a more advanced position though, right?

i just want a creative cm. Someone that can quick release the ball to wide positions, to central position. I'm done with passengers in the team and he's the biggest passenger since Jenas.

I'm sorry to say this but i've never seen a more unbrazilian brazilian in my life.

Why exactly is it allowed for a player to literally hide and go missing for 90% of games he's played? i've seen him chicken out of 50/50 challenges on 3 occasions that i remember now, go totally missing during a game and expose his CM partner. Is it really ok for a player to do this? to do nothing for a whole game. He stays on because of his goalscoring threat but jesus?

We talk about Lennon playing ****, about dawson playing ****, about Chiriches playing **** but what is worse? a player trying but playing **** or a player that does nothing...simply vanishes. You don't see him in the defensive positions when the opposition is attacking, you don't see him closing people down, you rarely see him making runs from the centre to support the front man. It's just extremely weird, no?

Hm... Gilberto? ;)

Like I've said before I think his best role/position for now at least is in that number 10 role just behind a striker. Certainly where he played his best game under Sherwood. He can play the deeper role, but like you say he's not great defensively and in our buildup play he goes missing. Leaves him with some good attacking runs and being a goal threat, not a great overall contribution.

Playing in the more advanced role some of his more high risk flicks and tricks seem a better fit than in central midfield, he can make more runs into the box and others can take care of buildup play. Although not great defensively he does run around quite a lot and in a slightly more advanced role he could do more pressing high up the pitch whereas his own half defensive contribution will be more "get back into position and help out here and there".

Nowhere near ready to give up on him yet though, just over from Brazil and although he's been inconsistent he's certainly contributed in some games. A full season and then the pre-season and we might see a much improved player. Remember how Redknapp gave Sandro about a single league cup start in his first 6-7 months at the club, if he had been thrown in at the deep end who knows how well he'd been swimming.

When did he play as a #10 under Sherwood? I really don't think he has the game to play there, he should be a really good box-to-box midfielder like Ramires but he's just well off in every department, I think our midfield is really quite bad at the moment, none of them particularly good at this football lark. Our three record signings, two have been garbage and the other hasn't played, how on Earth are we still in the race for top 4? :lol:

As I watched the game today I was getting more and more angry with him. Against Hull in a two man Midfield he seemed to work pretty hard, got around the pitch and of course popped up in the box with that touch and finish. I was hoping that in a three man midfield he would have more freedom to get forward like he did in one of TS's early games, hunt around the edge of the oppostion box and get more link up play with Ade and Eriksen.

But he truly was dog **** today. He did not pick up the runners. He lets he opposite player constantly run past him and out muscle him. All his flicks never came off and worst of all he did not work to get them back at all. Also when he did pass it to a player he did not move in to space to receive it back if needed, in fact on many occasion he turned his back to play and strolled off. I was desperate for him to be hauled off and was amazed when Eriksen went first.

When did he play as a #10 under Sherwood? I really don't think he has the game to play there, he should be a really good box-to-box midfielder like Ramires but he's just well off in every department, I think our midfield is really quite bad at the moment, none of them particularly good at this football lark. Our three record signings, two have been garbage and the other hasn't played, how on Earth are we still in the race for top 4? :lol:

It was AVB who played him at No 10.

You're right.

I was thinking of the Stoke game where he didn't play as a number 10, but did get very high up the pitch quite often and looked productive and effective in the final third.

You're right.

I was thinking of the Stoke game where he didn't play as a number 10, but did get very high up the pitch quite often and looked productive and effective in the final third.

I agree with what you are saying though, I would be tempted to play

Eriksen...Paulinho...Lennon

behind Ade

I agree with what you are saying though, I would be tempted to play

Eriksen...Paulinho...Lennon

behind Ade

Agreed.

Although against Saudi Sportswashing Machine I want to see Townsend up against Debuchy as Debuchy has looked very dodgy defensively and Townsend has the potential to really punish that kind of weakness.

Agreed.

Although against Saudi Sportswashing Machine I want to see Townsend up against Debuchy as Debuchy has looked very dodgy defensively and Townsend has the potential to really punish that kind of weakness.

I'd be happy with that too

think he needs to be behind Eriksen in the 11. He doesn't offer a lot if he's not scoring. About to watch the first half again today and see what I think.

There were a few occasions today where he made a good run past Adebayor, broke past the Everton defence but nobody had the vision to slot him in to score. But overall he wasn't great.

For some reason we can all see that this guy doesn't ahve a defensive bone in his body, yet today he gets told to play deeper than Dembele. When I saw the line up I assumed that he would be the most advanced of the three, but then Sherwood came on saying about getting Dembele involved higher up the pitch. At the time I thought it was a danger because Paulinho doesn't suit that role and today he proved it again.

He really does do his best work when working around the striker, so for me he's got to be used as that #10 player. I keep harping on about it, but the more I see the more I'm convinced that he should be used as one of the front 3 in a lopsided 433.

Paulinho was more withdrawn thanks to TNBD's tactics. Sherwood admitted that Dembele was the one who would be the furthest forward out of the midfield trio. He also added that Bentaleb would go forward at times.

On that, I don't think that Paulinho can be blamed for playing a deeper role.

Paulinho was more withdrawn thanks to TNBD's tactics. Sherwood admitted that Dembele was the one who would be the furthest forward out of the midfield trio. He also added that Bentaleb would go forward at times.

On that, I don't think that Paulinho can be blamed for playing a deeper role.

eh? i'm talking about his invisible performances in general and not just today. I will now refer to him as Invisibilinho.

I have full faith in him. Time will tell if that faith is misplaced but I think he has a good first touch, can finish and takes up the right positions. He also has the ability to play a good pass even if he hasn't displayed that quite as often as I would like.

I agree that he is sometimes too withdrawn, that he's not full blooded in the challenges but I do think that there's more to him than we've seen. We just need to play him correctly. Dont forget too that at the moment, he's just come back from being injured.

Invisibilinho :lol:

He's had two decent games all season imo - Swansea at home at the start of the season and Stoke at home a few weeks back. The other 20 games he's been on the pitch but not in the game.

Back