• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Official - Paulinho

I'm not saying he meant to hurt paulinho, but if u watch that clip he goes in very hard and then almost kicks out in the tackle if u follow me.

To me that's a red card it's lucky not to be a broken ankle

Erm...I have to disagree ...it was a tackle but that follow through kick out was intended with malice!

Yeah I remember listening to the radio and hearing Lennon retaliating a tackle on Townsend; can't for the life remember who it was against though, but Villa sounds likely.

Now why didn't anyone do similar vs Adam on Sunday??? Or did I miss somebody doing that?

Today at Manyoo would have been so perfect for Pauli given his return to form, big OT pitch and our need for experienced, technical players to keep hold of the ball. Massively annoying he's out.

Today at Manyoo would have been so perfect for Pauli given his return to form, big OT pitch and our need for experienced, technical players to keep hold of the ball. Massively annoying he's out.

Once again, typical Tottenham luck with injuries

Spurs star Paulinho returns to Corinthians to recover from injury; Will stay for 2 weeks

The central midfielder was ruled out for over a month on December 30th, following a disgusting tackle by Stoke’s Charlie Adam.

Paulinho will recuperate at Corinthians for two weeks according to Brazilian reports.

The skilful Brazilian will hope to return for Tottenham’s key clash with Emirates Marketing Project on the 29th January.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/s...er-from-injury-will-stay-for-2-weeks-picture/

Spurs star Paulinho returns to Corinthians to recover from injury; Will stay for 2 weeks

The central midfielder was ruled out for over a month on December 30th, following a disgusting tackle by Stoke’s Charlie Adam.

Paulinho will recuperate at Corinthians for two weeks according to Brazilian reports.

The skilful Brazilian will hope to return for Tottenham’s key clash with Emirates Marketing Project on the 29th January.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/s...er-from-injury-will-stay-for-2-weeks-picture/

Wow. Imagine if this was actually true [-o<

Bdz9Gm7IEAA67gg.jpg

Really want him back in the side, ahead of Dembele. I would play Sandro ahead of Bentaleb.

No way. Dembele needs to start v City definitely for me. Pauli on the bench for me or partnering Mousa if Sandro not fit.

Beach training is great, really builds up the muscles. Send the whole squad down to Camber Sands

No way. Dembele needs to start v City definitely for me. Pauli on the bench for me or partnering Mousa if Sandro not fit.

So Dembele can run forward slowly, not release the ball in time, or take a shot, slowing down play until we lose possession? That's my idea of Dembele, I know others will want to put me straight but I can't see what he offers us. I'd prefer Paulinho; someone who can get in the right positions, can pass and will score goals. And please, convince me otherwise. I want to see what it is about Dembele that people like but I just don't see it.

Yes, he needs to work on his attitude sometimes but the same can be said for almost any of our players, if the game against Palace was anything to go by.

I'll respond in the same vein - absolute nonsense, you have no idea what you are talking about. Who else in the team can ghost passed players like Dembele? He's tenacious in the tackle too - he'd be my first midfielder on the team sheet.
Paulinho - I'd play him behind Adebayor and drop Soldado.

I can understand the ghosting, and that he seldomly loses the ball. My question marks are more about his end product. I think sometimes his end product is missing.

Dembele for me is a real problem. He has all the technical attributes backed by his physical presence and yet he won't get more than 5 goals this season. Yes he can dribble past players for fun, but when he gets past them it rarely results in anything. He does need to be further up the pitch to cause more problems imo, where he can shift and shoot or lay in a pass having committed a couple of players.

I can understand the ghosting, and that he seldomly loses the ball. My question marks are more about his end product. I think sometimes his end product is missing.

This is the problem. There is no doubting his ability to get past a player and hold the ball. The problem comes after that.

Any defender worth his money will know that he is going to drop the shoulder and move left.

Dembele for me is a real problem. He has all the technical attributes backed by his physical presence and yet he won't get more than 5 goals this season. Yes he can dribble past players for fun, but when he gets past them it rarely results in anything. He does need to be further up the pitch to cause more problems imo, where he can shift and shoot or lay in a pass having committed a couple of players.

I had to laugh when, against Stoke (I think it was) Dembele had the option of a safe 10 yard square pass about 10 yards outside of Stoke's penalty area. He beat a Stoke player and then passed it five yards square to the player he could have passed to without beating the player.

To be fair, beating the player could have drawn another player out of defence, thus enabling the opportunity for an incisive pass; it did not, so he squared it.

I still have not made my mind up about Paulinho. He looks like a much, much better version of Jenas. I know some people will say that is like describing a garment as "premium Sports Direct garb" but it was meant as a compliment.

I dont think he needs to be further up the pitch at all. His finishing is weak and always was at Fulham as well - a Fulham-supporting friend of mine warned me about this when we signed him. He also doesnt provide clever, short passes in and around the defence to open things up.

Personally I think we have a two real problems with the balance of the CMs in our squad:

- Firstly, we have 3 who are better played deep (Sandro, Dembele and Capoue) and I dont you can play two of these together in a 4-4-2 as you end up with a gulf up to the CF
- Secondly, despite having four senior CMs, none of them are particularly good passers. Certainly compared to the standard of passing which you would expect from a CM in the upper reaches of the PL, none of them are better than average...and thats being extremely generous. So therefore to get a decent passer into the CM you either need to (i) play a youngster (Bentaleb or Carroll) which then means you have 3 snr CMs not playing OR (ii) you need to play Eriksen or Holtby in CM, which again gives you a backlog of CMs not playing OR (iii) you need to go 4-3-3 and play say Sandro, Eriksen and Paulinho in CM, but TS seems to prefer 4-4-2 at the moment

Personally I can see us going 4-3-3 once Defoe leaves and the EL has resumed as we wont have enough CFs to play 4-4-2 on Thurs and Sun. Hopefully we can then sort the balance of the squad out in the summer (ie sort the CMs out and get more CFs in)

Back