• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho -José Paulo Bezerra Maciel Júnior

Transfer news: Corinthians midfielder Paulinho refutes move rumours

Paulinho: Happy in Brazil and not looking for a move to England

Corinthians midfielder Paulinho has rubbished reports claiming his agent is in England to discuss a summer switch.

The Brazil international concedes that his representative Giuliano Bertolucci has travelled to Europe to speak with Premier League clubs, but insists he is not the subject of those talks.

The 24-year-old has been strongly linked with a move away from his homeland, with Tottenham Hotspur said to be leading the chase for his signature.

Paulinho is, however, happy in his homeland and has no desire to try his luck elsewhere any time soon.

He told Terra on Bertolucci's visit to England: "He is not negotiating. Giuliano has many clients. I am not the only one.

"He is in England, admittedly, but he works for many players.

"They say that Giuliano is working for me to leave Corinthians, but that is not the case.

"He has his work with other players and I don't understand why people persist with this story."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8779514

and another bites the dust

Not really, he's just saying that there isn't something being completed at the moment and that he would be alright with staying at Corinthians if he ends up still there at the end of the window.

Not likely that anything will happen until the end of the Confederations cup for Brazil regardless. I'm guessing we won't have many problems convincing Paulinho to join us over staying at Corinhtians. Agreeing a fee and competing with other clubs over his signature might be more of an issue though.

Pre-contracts aren't binding. All they are is an agreement between the player and a club in principle as to the terms at which both are willing to accept a deal. Inter would have to agree a fee with Corinthians and apparently according to my Italian mate who is a massive inter fan they don't have the cash without selling probably Guarin or A few of their best players.

Greg Stobart ‏@gstobart 21m
At FT finance event in Rio. Corinthians vice president had to leave for a 4pm flight to sort out transfer business #Paulinho #Inter #THFC

Greg Stobart ‏@gstobart 20m
Vibe here is that Inter and Spurs are going to meet Paulinho's buyout clause and it will be down to the player. No pre-contract with Inter

Greg Stobart ‏@gstobart 14m
Yes I saw quotes from Shakhtar president but Corinthians have no knowledge of a pre-contract with Inter. They should know, right?

Wonder who he will choose? AVB/amazing training ground/Bale/probably better squad/Premiership will be persuasive, but then Inter are a true global name up there with Man U/Real Madrid/Barca?

Based on 2013.. He'd be silly not to pick us.

AVB speaks the same language as him, we have like you say amazing training facilities touted as one of the best in Europe, like you also say we have Bale who is one of the hottest properties in the world right now, we are playing in arguably a better league, we are also in Europe next year, now it's only the Europa League but it might offer something. Remember, Inter finished 9th last season.

Seleção Brasileira ‏@BrazilStats 1m
BREAKING - Corinthians director: "#THFC will send us their official offer in the next days. We expect to reach an agreement for Paulinho."

Paulinho's physicality is much more suited for the PL than Italy, surely this has to be at the top of his mind? And there are now a lot of Brazilians in London, who are doing quite well.

I think a starting three of Sandro-Dembele-Paulinho would be terribly - and I mean TERRIBLY - uncreative, since none of those three have a great one-touch passing game (or a passing game in general) or playmaking ability or vision in the final third. However, it's also clear that Dembele and Sandro are constantly injured or half-injured, so as a direct competitor to Dembele I rather like Paulinho since he scores substantially more and is more aggressive about getting into the box. (There's an Inter Milan forum that has a very long discussion on him if you can skim through 85 pages - clearly he's more Lampard or Ramires than a Mata/Oscar/Hazard.)

Honda does fulfill the AM part though, and he's cheap because of his contract. If we bought him we'd be doing very well with three defensive or runner types (Paulinho, Sandro, Dembele) and three attacking/'playmaking' types (Honda, Holtby, Siggy - maybe Carroll from time to time) for CM, which fulfills AVB's stated desire for two quality players in each position. Add Bernard for the left and some sort of intelligent striker and we should be in pretty good shape for fighting on several fronts next season.

Back