• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho -José Paulo Bezerra Maciel Júnior

Looks a neat player. A mid of Paulinho - Sandro - Dembele against tougher opposition would be formidable.

Looks a neat player. A mid of Paulinho - Sandro - Dembele against tougher opposition would be formidable.

GOod but would rather have a playmaker in there rather than Dembele. Not that Dembele is a bad player mind, just would be better balanced

Why take out Dembele though when he's better than Paulinho? Surely you'd just not waste time with Paulinho and get a playmaker in.

Then you're left with no goals from midfield, not directly anyway. Unless this elusive playmaker also bangs them in as well.

Then you're left with no goals from midfield, not directly anyway. Unless this elusive playmaker also bangs them in as well.

You assume Paulinho will come in and score 10 or so goals in the league. Doesn't work like that.

I think it's more important to look at Paulinho, Sandro, Dembele, Holtby, Siggy and Carroll as a 6. That's great options and balance IMO.

Nearly pulled a Maradona against Mexico, flew by a handful of players from his own half! He's a lot bigger and stronger than I expected, long strides like Toure. Would fit in the Premier League on his athleticism at least, by the looks of it.

Nearly pulled a Maradona against Mexico, flew by a handful of players from his own half! He's a lot bigger and stronger than I expected, long strides like Toure. Would fit in the Premier League on his athleticism at least, by the looks of it.

Reminded me of Sandro

Based on very limited viewing I think Paulinho is far superior to Sandro on the ball, looks very comfortable receiving the ball in tight spaces, rarely gives the ball away. Not been super impressed with his movement so far, although playing ahead of Gustavo in a team with a back line that is super comfortable on the ball and very creative players looking to receive the ball it might just be his job moving into a somewhat attacking position and staying there.

Based on very limited viewing I think Paulinho is far superior to Sandro on the ball, looks very comfortable receiving the ball in tight spaces, rarely gives the ball away. Not been super impressed with his movement so far, although playing ahead of Gustavo in a team with a back line that is super comfortable on the ball and very creative players looking to receive the ball it might just be his job moving into a somewhat attacking position and staying there.

Apparently he has been told to play defensive so he can cover Dani Alves when he goes forward.

Apparently he has been told to play defensive so he can cover Dani Alves when he goes forward.

That is fine, not quite what I'm talking about. When Brazil are building from the back Gustavo sits deep and interplays with the back 4, instead of getting involved Paulinho seems to just move forward a bit past the central circle and more or less just stays there being easily marked. Like I said it could be just a tactical thing as they have enough players at the back to play it out and they have other, better, technical players to aim for in the final third so he might just be doing what he's supposed to do and positioning himself to arrive late in the box.

We really need some pass and move players, I just hope that if we sign him he's more willing and able to get heavily involved in buildup play if asked to do so.

According to newspaper reports this morning, they say we were on the brink of signing him last night.

Back