• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho -José Paulo Bezerra Maciel Júnior

But if his arrival is only impending then that would lead me to think that Baldini has contributed nothing at this stage. So, he can't have aided negotiations all that much really. Even if he can aid negotiations when he does arrive.

i don't understand what you're getting at? we haven't even appointed Baldini yet and already your already questioning/complaining about what he does/doesn't do?

:lol:

According to Tim Vickery he is more like Lampard than Sandro and Dembele, he is supposedly a goal scoring midfielder that arrives late in the box

According to Tim Vickery he is more like Lampard than Sandro and Dembele, he is supposedly a goal scoring midfielder that arrives late in the box

I havent seen too much of him but I believe that's right. What he isnt though is the creative playmaking CM which we need.

Assuming we do sign a midfield playmaker, then a CM trio of Sandro, Paulinho and [playmaker] looks to have decent balance. Only issue with it is that you then have Dembele, Holtby and Siggy as a back-log of CM back-ups and all of whom are more 'like for like' for Paulinho rather than Sandro or the playmaker

Sig could easily play that role if given a proper opportunity.

He could but Paulinho is more proven and starts for one of the best national teams globally. I dont understand the love for Siggy on here at times - good player yes and decent potential, however some people (not necessarily saying you) seem to want him to play at all costs rather than sign/play people who are better

I havent seen too much of him but I believe that's right. What he isnt though is the creative playmaking CM which we need.

Assuming we do sign a midfield playmaker, then a CM trio of Sandro, Paulinho and [playmaker] looks to have decent balance. Only issue with it is that you then have Dembele, Holtby and Siggy as a back-log of CM back-ups and all of whom are more 'like for like' for Paulinho rather than Sandro or the playmaker

Wait, i don't get it. If this guy is 'like for like' for Dembele and Holtby than he'd be one of the best players on the planet. As Dembele and Holtby are both very different players. Dembele is good defensively and likes to run with the ball, whilst Holtby is your classic pass and move player, utilising one touch passing and better on the offense.

He could but Paulinho is more proven and starts for one of the best national teams globally. I dont understand the love for Siggy on here at times - good player yes and decent potential, however some people (not necessarily saying you) seem to want him to play at all costs rather than sign/play people who are better

Well Sig is a technically very gifted player, skillful, has an eye for a pass, scores goals and can take a decent set piece. We don't really have anyone else in midfield with his skillset assuming Bale is more of a forward...

Wait, i don't get it. If this guy is 'like for like' for Dembele and Holtby than he'd be one of the best players on the planet. As Dembele and Holtby are both very different players. Dembele is good defensively and likes to run with the ball, whilst Holtby is your classic pass and move player, utilising one touch passing and better on the offense.

Hence the inverted commas and what I finished that para with. Dembele. Holtby and SIggy and not stand-ins for Sandro and they wouldnt be stand-ins for a playmaker - if either of those 3 came in, they would more naturally replace Paulinho out of a 3 man CM of Sandro, Paulinho and a playmaker. Understand?

Tottenham deal for €20m Brazilian ace denied

Corinthians have moved to dismiss rumours that midfielder Paulinho could be on the move this summer, with Tottenham said to be interested.

The Brazilian, who is currently away on international duty ahead of the Confederations Cup which gets underway today, has previously been courted by the likes of Chelsea, Roma and Inter Milan.

However Tottenham appear to be moving closer towards a deal for the 24-year-old, who impressed against Chelsea as he helped his side win the Club World Cup in December.

Spurs are said to be in talks with the player’s agent, who Paulinho confirmed was in London this week.

But Corinthians' president Mário Gobbi has informed Brazilian newspaper Folha de S. Paulo that neither Tottenham or any other club have made a bid for the box-to-box midfielder as yet.

Paulinho is believed to have a €20 million transfer clause written into his contract which Tottenham will have to activate to secure his services.

Spurs appear keen on raiding Brazil for new signings this summer, with Atletico Mineiro’s Bernard and Internacional’s Leandro Damiao also said to be on the north London club’s radar.

Hence the inverted commas and what I finished that para with. Dembele. Holtby and SIggy and not stand-ins for Sandro and they wouldnt be stand-ins for a playmaker - if either of those 3 came in, they would more naturally replace Paulinho out of a 3 man CM of Sandro, Paulinho and a playmaker. Understand?

I understand, however i don't agree in the slightest. Holtby would naturally stand in for a playmaker, and Dembele could stand in just as well for Sandro if he was required.

Siggy is the one i'm not sure about, just because i've not seen him in the CM position enough.

Sandro/Dembele - Paulhino/Siggy - Playmaker/Holtby

You can alter dependant on opposition, location and competition.

Last edited:
Is he playing now, or am I mistaken? If he's the player I thought he was...sign him up/ we have got little chance.

He is playing now. Hardly touched the ball though.

He was always closed down before he could do much. But I liked what I saw, what he tried to do with speed etc.

Japan have really worked to close them down. Second half it should open up.

Back