• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our defenders - rated overall in their time with Spurs

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
There's been a fair bit of discussion about the quality (or lack of) of our defenders. I thought I'd get an idea of what people ratings out of 10 they'd give our defenders for the time they've been with Spurs.

For me.

Sanchez - 4
Royal - 5
Perisic - 5
Dier - 4
Romero - 7
Sessegnon - 4
Tanganga - 4
Davies - 6
Lenglet - 5
Reguilon - 5
Rodon - 4
Spence - N/A
Udogie - N/A

I'm actually amazed looking at that list at how many bang average/low quality defenders we have in the squad.

It also begs the question are they all simply not that good, or is it poor coaching/tactics/management? I'd say a combination of both.

Sanchez 2
Royal 4
Perisic 5
Dier 1
Romero 6
Sessegnon 4
Tanganga 4
Davies 5
Lenglet 4
Reguilon 3

Don't recall seeing Rodon play for us, Doherty was a 5 as I recall.

Dier before his injuries was a 7/8 and has been a 4/5 since.

Davies generally a 6 at CB

Sanchez 5/6

Tanganga 4/5

Romero 6/7

Lenglet 5

I dont mean to be harsh but surely Tanganga would be a 1 at best. He's almost 24 now and has never broken into the team, barely plays and when he does he has done close to nothing (Other than that game early on against Liverpool I think at RB).

If you are giving him a 4 then even the defenders we all love to hate should be a 7 or more, Considering they have a load of appearances, The odd decent performance, even a few goals etc.

In general I agree though, seeing Richarlison and Danjuma as attacking options on our bench when we still have huge deficiencies at the back, With players like Dier, Davies and Sanchez etc is infuriating!!

Sanchez - 2.5. Good first season, crap ever since. As brainless now as he was in 2017, and it is a remarkable feat to have a player who has not grown at all for six seasons running.

Dier - 2. Was only ever decent as a right back in his first season, and then a CDM in his second. Crap ever since, and 9 years of accepting relegation-level roosterups every game is symptomatic of why we fail as a club.

Davies - 3.5. Dull, pointless, slow, mostly either mediocre or sub-par.

Lenglet - N/A, but not looking promising.

Romero - 6.5. The best of a bad lot, but has shaky moments of his own and seems to enjoy playing for Argentina more than us, so not sold on him being transformative.

Tanganga - 3. Feel for the kid, but was just never good enough for us.

Royal - 3. See above.

Porro - N/A, too soon to judge.

Sessegnon - 3.5. See Tanganga, Japhet. All the attributes to be great, none of the mental strength, bravery or self-belief.

Perisic - N/A, too soon to judge.

Rodon - 4. Hardly had a sniff, didn't impress when he did.

Udogie - N/A.

Spence - N/A.

Sanchez - 2.5. Good first season, crap ever since. As brainless now as he was in 2017, and it is a remarkable feat to have a player who has not grown at all for six seasons running.

Dier - 2. Was only ever decent as a right back in his first season, and then a CDM in his second. Crap ever since, and 9 years of accepting relegation-level roosterups every game is symptomatic of why we fail as a club.

Davies - 3.5. Dull, pointless, slow, mostly either mediocre or sub-par.

Lenglet - N/A, but not looking promising.

Romero - 6.5. The best of a bad lot, but has shaky moments of his own and seems to enjoy playing for Argentina more than us, so not sold on him being transformative.

Tanganga - 3. Feel for the kid, but was just never good enough for us.

Royal - 3. See above.

Porro - N/A, too soon to judge.

Sessegnon - 3.5. See Tanganga, Japhet. All the attributes to be great, none of the mental strength, bravery or self-belief.

Perisic - N/A, too soon to judge.

Rodon - 4. Hardly had a sniff, didn't impress when he did.

Udogie - N/A.

Spence - N/A.

I don’t think Sanchez had a good season. Vertonghen covered for him making him look a lot better than he was. Same way that I think Carvahlo covered for John Terry.

Sanchez - 7
Royal - 8
Perisic - 2
Dier - 10
Romero - 8
Sessegnon - 1
Tanganga - 5
Davies - 7
Lenglet - 5
Reguilon - 6
Rodon - 5

8.5 - Romero
6.5 - Davies, Dier, Royal
6 - Sanchez, Sessegnon, Reguilon
5 - Lenglet, Perisic, Tanganga
4 - Rodon
N/A - Porro, Spence, Udogie

Sanchez - 4
Royal - 5
Perisic - 6
Dier - 5
Romero - 7.5
Sessegnon - 3
Tanganga - 3
Davies - 6
Lenglet - 6
Reguilon - 6
Rodon - 3

Mostly agree Billy but for me the only time Dier was 7/8 was when he played as a right back.

Think anything more than a 6/10 for his play as a CB or RB is generous mate. Was good at DM for one year and it’s been pretty pants ever since besides last year which was good but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I wonder if Reguilon really is our best LB (averaging everyone's scores vs Sessegnon and Perisic), or its just absence has made the heart grow fonder (I think the former personally)

I wonder if Reguilon really is our best LB (averaging everyone's scores vs Sessegnon and Perisic), or its just absence has made the heart grow fonder (I think the former personally)
100% the latter
Reggie is ok but has about as much control his play as sim has control of a ball
You can’t have players with one speed

Back