• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT We are MASSIVE FC v Tottenham Hotspur ***

I just can’t believe we worked so hard on fitness levels only to play with all the energy of a Sunday morning hangover.

It is strange, seem so lethargic and slow starts have been far too common.

Our 90min fitness is fine, as evidenced by improvements in the 2nd half of games.

I just think the size and physiology of our players makes them look slow and sluggish throughout the game.

We don't have any small, nippy players who charge around and press like rabid dogs and are very quick off the mark. Teams who possess these type of players always make us look like we are half asleep.

We have a few who are fast/nimble enough when they get going but not over a few yards.

Our 90min fitness is fine, as evidenced by improvements in the 2nd half of games.

I just think the size and physiology of our players makes them look slow and sluggish throughout the game.

We don't have any small, nippy players who charge around and press like rabid dogs and are very quick off the mark. Teams who possess these type of players always make us look like we are half asleep.

We have a few who are fast/nimble enough when they get going but not over a few yards.
It'll be interesting to see how the look of the team changes with Skippy on the pitch -- he always seems much more of a terrier than PEH. Bissouma seems on the languid side too.

Why is the team often so static though? I would be interested in how far we are running as a team conpared to the opponents. I don’t fully understand why we would play on tje counter against Nottingham Forest as seemed to be the case. Yes, we won, but shouldn’t we be attacking teams and letting our attacking power push the opponent in to sitting back more?

I guess if the results come then our tactics have been a success. I’m just not sure why we are playing slow paced, minimal press, lower movement off the ball football right now.

It'll be interesting to see how the look of the team changes with Skippy on the pitch -- he always seems much more of a terrier than PEH. Bissouma seems on the languid side too.

Yes, Skippy was on my mind when I wrote that. Moura also makes a difference in that regard, but obviously has his own limitations.

Why is the team often so static though? I would be interested in how far we are running as a team conpared to the opponents. I don’t fully understand why we would play on tje counter against Nottingham Forest as seemed to be the case. Yes, we won, but shouldn’t we be attacking teams and letting our attacking power push the opponent in to sitting back more?

I guess if the results come then our tactics have been a success. I’m just not sure why we are playing slow paced, minimal press, lower movement off the ball football right now.

I don't know, but as I alluded to I don't think we have the style of players to implement a high pressing, imposing game.

Many say this is how Conte teams play but I'm sure he would like more and better possession if we could manage it. I remember his Chelsea team pretty much controlling most games when they won the league ahead of us. I never felt they were just a counter attacking team. They obviously had some great players and peak Kante running the midfield.

Part of me thinks that our slow starts have not been a deliberate plan from the manager because comments from Kane sounding disappointed in the manner of play seems to indicate the players aren't fully up to the "Conte plan" despite being pleased with the overall results. I can't find distance run stats as Guep mentioned as well, would be useful. The PL's own stat page just has "0s" for everyone I search for. To clarify, I mean the manager perhaps advising the team to not go at 100% intensity the whole match, instead asking them to pick their moments to up the intensity.
I don't know... we scored early last game but still did not look good in that first half IMO. It wasn't comfortable but like Kane, I'm happy with the result.

Part of me thinks that our slow starts have not been a deliberate plan from the manager because comments from Kane sounding disappointed in the manner of play seems to indicate the players aren't fully up to the "Conte plan" despite being pleased with the overall results. I can't find distance run stats as Guep mentioned as well, would be useful. The PL's own stat page just has "0s" for everyone I search for. To clarify, I mean the manager perhaps advising the team to not go at 100% intensity the whole match, instead asking them to pick their moments to up the intensity.
I don't know... we scored early last game but still did not look good in that first half IMO. It wasn't comfortable but like Kane, I'm happy with the result.

Kane and Conte have both said starting slow is not part of the plan. I’d be worried if it was fatigue this early into the season. Could just be that we start slow involuntarily and take a while to get going.

I don't know, but as I alluded to I don't think we have the style of players to implement a high pressing, imposing game.

Many say this is how Conte teams play but I'm sure he would like more and better possession if we could manage it. I remember his Chelsea team pretty much controlling most games when they won the league ahead of us. I never felt they were just a counter attacking team. They obviously had some great players and peak Kante running the midfield.
I don't recall the Conte winning Chelsea team playing like this. Moses was fast attacking the flanks and Luiz was an exciting attacking CB who played very high at times. And the rest of the midfield and attack who don't need mentioning, they were defending and attacking as a team.

I believe Conte is doing his best with an inferior starting eleven... Learning from the blip of two losses in final part of last season's run in. And this is the slow but ctitical way to introduce new players.

However perhaps the starting defenders are playing it too safe by not supporting the attack with commitment, fearing that mistakes may hasten their replacement. In which case it leaves the attack isolated. Conte mentioned specifically that Dier should be 30 to 35 m away from Kane during the attack to help compress play. Meaning the right and left CB could be a few meters deeper into the opposition half.

Also Conte was just quoted saying that we are two players away from challenging for the title, so I think he knows the competition is tough and all the recent transfers just help us be a slightly more competitive.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

I think it’s the same game plan both halves but works better when the opposition are tireder in the second.

The only thing i can think of is if we are doing it on purpose to open space behind the defence. Leicester did it to win the league, they just gave the ball to the opposition and hit them on the break but they looked better than we do currently.

I've got a bad feeling about tonight now.
I was just checking how the streams were working and randomly clicked on Empoli v Verona and the first player the camera zooms in on is Kevin Lasagna!! I brick you not.
It's a sign and not a good one.

And this is the slow but ctitical way to introduce new players.
But thankfully still faster than Poch in incorporating new players.

However perhaps the starting defenders are playing it too safe by not supporting the attack with commitment, fearing that mistakes may hasten their replacement.
I do think Davinson is too safe, which in turn puts more pressure on ourselves a lot of the time. I also think that Emerson isn't always the best out-ball so he's not helped in that regard. Obviously, his defending has been very good so I can't fault him for doing what he's good at. Davies is generally a bit better in that regard but IMO Romero is the best at it. As for Dier, I always understood that the middle CB would be the one covering the other two, but tbf our defense has had a little bit of help from our midfielders.

I've got a bad feeling about tonight now.
I was just checking how the streams were working and randomly clicked on Empoli v Verona and the first player the camera zooms in on is Kevin Lasagna!! I brick you not.
It's a sign and not a good one.
You need to do something to turn that brick around and quick

I predict a frustrating evening, as WH will undoubtedly be extremely fired up for their twice annual cup final.

Hopefully we smash them. COYS!

Back