• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT We are MASSIVE FC v Tottenham Hotspur ***

The common denominator in all four games we have played so far is a slow start whereby at halftime we were often the poorer side. Thankfully we have turned it round in the second halves of all the games. I just hope we start as strong as we usually finish on Wednesday evening.

brick I'm getting senile, I'm half way down this when I realise its Conte's interview not Marky talking a load of gonad*s, I thought it was a bit pretentious of him.

Well, the link there is to the egregious Foo'bawl Loondon site. Marky hyping it is showing us he's in the pay of Ally Gold.

Who must have some seriously compromising pictures.

And so many to choose from.

The common denominator in all four games we have played so far is a slow start whereby at halftime we were often the poorer side. Thankfully we have turned it round in the second halves of all the games. I just hope we start as strong as we usually finish on Wednesday evening.
I can't remember but was it the same in the last few winning games last season? There was a two game loss before that which threatened to undermine our top 4 chase and I wonder if Conte shifted tactics since. The obvious being more defensive and it seems to have worked judging by the cleans sheets.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Fapatalk

We are tough to beat at the moment. Only 2 goals conceded in 4 games and they were both at a ground where we lose for fun….but we didn’t lose this time.

Spammers will be up for this, they always are. If we can get a goal or two early, they will be forced to chase the game, which just plays into our hands, soak up the pressure and hit them on the break.

Personally I would drop Sonny and play Richie, I would bring in Bissouma for the injured Bentancour. We may see Sess for Perisic (more to rest him). The rest would remain the same.

We are tough to beat at the moment. Only 2 goals conceded in 4 games and they were both at a ground where we lose for fun….but we didn’t lose this time.

Spammers will be up for this, they always are. If we can get a goal or two early, they will be forced to chase the game, which just plays into our hands, soak up the pressure and hit them on the break.

Personally I would drop Sonny and play Richie, I would bring in Bissouma for the injured Bentancour. We may see Sess for Perisic (more to rest him). The rest would remain the same.

You're forgetting the goal we conceded at home to SCBC opening day

Make no mistake, this will be a tough game. We always come up against a superhuman effort against this lot, Chelsea and Arsenal away. They play like their lives depend on it.

Yep. It's a London derby and i wouldn't expect anything less from any of those 3 teams. I'm sure it's the same for them when they visit us (and if they do win, it isn't because of lack of effort on our part).

This is another litmus test of how we are actually doing. We can't afford to give up midfield too much in this game and we should certainly not fall into the trap we usually seem to against them by giving away too manty set-pieces in dangerous areas.

Bissouma has to start if Bentancur has concussion. Also, if Son starts again i'd start to question if there's really any point in making any more transfers given our schedule...

Paqueta in line to stsrt do we think?

We normally prepare very carefully for each game. Understanding the unique traits of each player and other teams system. With Forest and 20 odd new players we couldn't do that. Similar for Wham. But...we can focus on imposing our game onto them. It is something this side can lack still. It is still lacking a little within the DNA.

We normally prepare very carefully for each game. Understanding the unique traits of each player and other teams system. With Forest and 20 odd new players we couldn't do that. Similar for Wham. But...we can focus on imposing our game onto them. It is something this side can lack still. It is still lacking a little within the DNA.

Hmm, you might be raising a fair point as to whether we are reactive or proactive. I think it's fine, even sensible, for us to be the former atm..but eventually if we want to achieve the things we want we'll have to be more of the latter.

I think we'll need both tomorrow at key points

Hmm, you might be raising a fair point as to whether we are reactive or proactive. I think it's fine, even sensible, for us to be the former atm..but eventually if we want to achieve the things we want we'll have to be more of the latter.

I think we'll need both tomorrow at key points

I don’t think it’s just Conte. As a set of characters the team are not dominant types. Often credited as nice, affable etc. Some teams are able to dictate games, we often do for 10 mins or a short time and the opposition fight back into it. Baby steps. Almost a year in we are very hard to beat. I’ll take that.

Yep. It's a London derby and i wouldn't expect anything less from any of those 3 teams. I'm sure it's the same for them when they visit us (and if they do win, it isn't because of lack of effort on our part).

This is another litmus test of how we are actually doing. We can't afford to give up midfield too much in this game and we should certainly not fall into the trap we usually seem to against them by giving away too manty set-pieces in dangerous areas.

Bissouma has to start if Bentancur has concussion. Also, if Son starts again i'd start to question if there's really any point in making any more transfers given our schedule...
You'd start to question playing last season's Golden Boot winner already?

The problem with strikers is you never know which game is going to be the one they produce the goods.

Our so-called 'streaky' Son was not only the highest scorer from open play in the PL last season but also by some distance the most consistent. To illustrate this I posted on here the record of every top striker in the PL, game by game, revealing they all had several longer runs without scoring then the South Korean. The very fact these other strikers all continued to be played week in week out despite their goal famines suggests their managers recognised the importance of sticking with them, knowing their patience would be rewarded in the long run.

Surely therefore it's time to get off Son's back and instead start giving him the support he has earned?

You'd start to question playing last season's Golden Boot winner already?

The problem with strikers is you never know which game is going to be the one they produce the goods.

Our so-called 'streaky' Son was not only the highest scorer from open play in the PL last season but also by some distance the most consistent. To illustrate this I posted on here the record of every top striker in the PL, game by game, revealing they all had several longer runs without scoring then the South Korean. The very fact these other strikers all continued to be played week in week out despite their goal famines suggests their managers recognised the importance of sticking with them, knowing their patience would be rewarded in the long run.

Surely therefore it's time to get off Son's back and instead start giving him the support he has earned?

I don't think the overwhelming majority of people who want to see Richy start are not showing support for Son, it's more wanting to freshen things up and reward Richarlison for the impact he has made coming on...

It's not an outrageous suggestion despite the discourse regarding the subject on here going a bit south at times - Son gets a slight rest and can come on fresh around the 60 minute mark if it's not working, plus Richy gets a solid chance without have to mess with the system...

Personally I'm happy either way Conte goes with it, we know Son can turn it on at any time but at least there's options that are more likely to be banging on the door to get on (especially if we get in someone established in place of Gil), that's what has been lacking previously.

Looking forward to seeing Bissouma get a start, will be interesting to see if we change anything else line up wise. It's a chance to keep the momentum going, knocking these fixtures off one by one under the radar sounds like a plan to me.

Start Son but relieve him of defensive duties from corners and free kicks. Let the opponent worry about him in their half . That's where he can do the most damage. Let's see that smile back in his face.

This will be a tough test tonight. Spammers will take great delight in giving us our first loss of the season. It’s more important for them to beat us than their abysmal season so far

I don't think the overwhelming majority of people who want to see Richy start are not showing support for Son, it's more wanting to freshen things up and reward Richarlison for the impact he has made coming on...

It's not an outrageous suggestion despite the discourse regarding the subject on here going a bit south at times - Son gets a slight rest and can come on fresh around the 60 minute mark if it's not working, plus Richy gets a solid chance without have to mess with the system...

Personally I'm happy either way Conte goes with it, we know Son can turn it on at any time but at least there's options that are more likely to be banging on the door to get on (especially if we get in someone established in place of Gil), that's what has been lacking previously.

Looking forward to seeing Bissouma get a start, will be interesting to see if we change anything else line up wise. It's a chance to keep the momentum going, knocking these fixtures off one by one under the radar sounds like a plan to me.

Definitely agree. These are the options we've missed for so long. Trust Conte to make a solid decision, both Son and Richarlison will get plenty of time on the pitch.

Will be interesting to see if there are other changes than Bissouma as you say. Some light rotation may be coming, but Conte definitely isn't the most rotaty manager so my gut instinct is that we'll see one or two at most other than Bissouma in. If Romero is fully ready I expect him to come back in of course, not counting that one.

Slow start or more aggressive start? All our games so far point towards a slow start. Again, interesting to see.

Will be interesting to see how much rotation we see this evening, with Fulham at home we may see that as the game in which we start to rotate rather than a tough away game.

Obviously we're likely to see Bissouma in for the injured Bentancur but other than that i expect it to remain the same.

Lloris
Sanchez Dier Davies
Royal Bissouma Hojbjerg Perisic
Kulusevski Kane Son​

Last edited:
Back