• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Everton

Yeah - picks itself really.

I'd like to see Holtby, Siggy and Dempsey quite fluid behind Ade, with Parker and Dembele holding to allow the fullbacks to overlap.

Would have to agree. Hope we have some interesting options on the bench ie Ceballos and any others who are shining for the reserves as well

I'd also like to see Parker not cross the halfway line and also to pass it quick and simple, let the attacking players get on with it, I believe there's enough quality there and hopefully it'll show that we don't have to be rushing Lennon back, he's quite clearly not fit and even if by some miracle he's available for the bench he shouldn't be on it, needs a rest. Should never have played him Inter away, should not have had to.

My daughter says we will beat Everton 1-0 Adebayor with the goal. 2nd half shot from just outside the penalty area.

BTW my daughter is 11 and has only promised this will come true if I shave away all of my stubble.

I think we will win also it would be nice of spurs to put in a performance so we can dispel all the ONE_MAN team nonsense.

COYS!

I could see why people are suggesting Walker on the right wing. We lack pace hugely when Bale and Lennon are out.

Lloris
Naughton Daws Verts Ekotto
Walker Parker Dembele Holtby
Siggy Adebayor

Most of this forum slated me for suggesting Walker should play further up. I would love to see him get a couple of games there - and those suggesting Walker cant play the position....I doubt they saw anything other than a LB from Bale a couple of years ago.

Most of this forum slated me for suggesting Walker should play further up. I would love to see him get a couple of games there - and those suggesting Walker cant play the position....I doubt they saw anything other than a LB from Bale a couple of years ago.
No when bale played left back I saw nothing other than a left midfielder. Waller I don't.

But Bale was putting good balls in from LB, Kyle does manage it every so often, but also he lashes many crosses out of the play on the left side of the pitch, or skews them behind the goal in to the stands, or puts his foot on the ball, drags it back, puts his foot on the ball, possibly drags it back again etc etc until the opposition's defense is well organized and the space his pace has earnt him has disappeared to his surprise.

I'm really not in favour of Walker at RW, I guess as he's suspended it's a moot point

Walker was a centre forward all through the youth team setup at Sheff U. He only converted to a fullback shortly before breaking through into the first team. So while he can do an attacking role, CF maybe suits him better than RW?

Mind you, he said once that he based his game on his idol - the mighty Brian Deane!

Last edited:
I'm really not in favour of Walker at RW, I guess as he's suspended it's a moot point

The press today all seem to think Walker is back. Some also saying that Lennon will have a late scan on his knee to decide if he can play.

As Everton's remaining key player is Baines, to some extent Lennon would be more important in this match than Bale - both in tying Baines up at the right end of the pitch, and Lennon's own defensive qualities.

My daughter says we will beat Everton 1-0 Adebayor with the goal. 2nd half shot from just outside the penalty area.

BTW my daughter is 11 and has only promised this will come true if I shave away all of my stubble.

I think we will win also it would be nice of spurs to put in a performance so we can dispel all the ONE_MAN team nonsense.

COYS!

I'm liking that prediction. I tipped Ade to score on Thursday night (1st goalscorer though), and I'm backing him to score again tomorrow.

Heart says 1-0 to Spurs, but head says 1-1 with Baines getting theirs from a free-kick just outside the box

5-3-2

Lets keep ourselves solid here..

----------------- Lloris -------------------------
-------Dawson --Caulker--- Vertonghen----------
Walker------------------------------------Benny
---------Siggy----Parker----Dembele-------------
------------------Dempsey-----------------------
------------------- Ade--------------------------

We never do it the easy way! COYS!

Last edited:
Walker was a centre forward all through the youth team setup at Sheff U. He only converted to a fullback shortly before breaking through into the first team. So while he can do an attacking role, CF maybe suits him better than RW?

Mind you, he said once that he based his game on his idol - the mighty Brian Deane!

Yep, I've suggested we give this a try (not sure if it was out of sheer desperation due to our strikers or if it was to get him out of defence 8-[ ). We know he has pace and can shoot - why not try it? Bale and Walker up front - stop those two you bassets! :D

5-3-2

Lets keep ourselves solid here..

----------------- Lloris -------------------------
-------Dawson --Caulker--- Vertonghen----------
Walker------------------------------------Benny
---------Siggy----Parker----Dembele-------------
------------------Dempsey-----------------------
------------------- Ade--------------------------

We never do it the easy way! COYS!

when i saw the first XI for the Fulham game i was expecting to see a 5-3-2 / 3-5-2 shape of sorts - certainly not a 442 with Benny at left mid

would possibly best utilize the players we have available (Naughton at LWB and Holtby behind Adebayor though for me)

when i saw the first XI for the Fulham game i was expecting to see a 5-3-2 / 3-5-2 shape of sorts - certainly not a 442 with Benny at left mid

would possibly best utilize the players we have available (Naughton at LWB and Holtby behind Adebayor though for me)

Yeh was tempted to say Holtby in there... maybe even Holtby n the midfield and Sig behind?

Would def play Benny at LWB though because he'd give us a natural left foot there.. his defensive fragility would be covered by 3 CBs.

after the way he played mid week im not sure about having him in the team tbh - looked to me like a player who knew he weren't going to be here next season

Everton will just dive when they get within 10 yards of our box. Baines free kick is their best chance

Back