• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Everton

Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas hopes to have winger Aaron Lennon available to play against Everton this weekend, while defender William Gallas has a small tear in his calf.

The pair were hurt in last night’s Europa League draw with FC Basel, in which a late injury to Gareth Bale was another major scare for the north Londoners.

Villas-Boas was quick to allay fears over a serious injury to Bale and there was mixed news for Lennon and Gallas.

“Gallas has a small tear on his calf,” said the Portuguese.

“Lennon has a problem with his knee joint. Hopefully they shouldn’t be too bad. Let’s see if Lennon can make the Everton game.

“These injuries are part of the season. They’re obviously big, big misses but we have a big squad and the possibility to adapt.

“Clint Dempsey is back and Lewis Holtby had a very, very good game. (so why did he take him off???)

“We’re still in the frame, we don’t have to make any adaptations to play against Everton and we’ll just wait until these boys are back to make us stronger.”

Only positive I have about a potential Livermore start is the fact that he was outstanding against Everton at home last year.

POTL says Lennon and Bale out. Carroll back. Gallas possibly out for the season.

Personally I wouldnt risk Lennon unless he's 100% fit. Use the 17 days between the Basel game and Man C game to get him 100% right for the final 6 games of the season

Gallas should have played his last game given that by the time we play Man C, Kaboul should be ready

Only positive I have about a potential Livermore start is the fact that he was outstanding against Everton at home last year.

Why would he start? Parker and Dembele will be CM; Holtby Siggy and Dempsey the next 3. Am i missing something?

LLoris

Walker Daws Verts BAE

Parker Dembele

Sig Holtby Dempsey

Ade

No messing just play our strongest team in their regular positions and see how we do

Why would he start? Parker and Dembele will be CM; Holtby Siggy and Dempsey the next 3. Am i missing something?

With Lennon out, he may be tempted to put Dembele right midfield again and have Parker/Livermore in the middle. He's done it twice before.

Holtby and Siggy are in form, Holtby's most effective position is as number 10, Siggy's is out the left.
The question is who to play out the right if Lennon isn't fit.
The last time Lennon was out AVB opted for Dembele's pace. I can see him doing the exact same again. He'd rather have Dembele out there keeping an eye on Baines than Dempsey or Siggy.
And in the middle AVB rightly trusts Livermore over Huddlestone.

-------------Lloris---------------

Walker-Dawson-Vertongen-Ekotto

--------Parker--Livermore--------

Dembele----Holtby----Sigurdsson

-----------Adebayor-------------

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/injury-update-05042013.page

INJURY UPDATE
Posted 05 April 2013 4:57pm
The Club can confirm that Gareth Bale (sprained ankle ligaments), William Gallas (calf strain) and Aaron Lennon (soft tissue contusion below the knee) all underwent scans today (Friday) after being forced off with injuries during our Europa League Quarter Final First Leg draw with Basel last night.

The results of these scans have indicated that all three players are expected to return to training within two weeks.

Bale, Gallas and Lennon have all commenced their treatment today and are responding positively.

With no Defoe either we have absolutely no speed in attack whatsoever.

------------------Lloris---------------------

Naughton----Dawson----Vertonghen----BAE

-----------Parker-------Carrol--------------

Walker----------Dembele---------Siggurdsson

----------------Adebayor-------------------

Keep our base position. Walker pushed on to give us some pace on the wings which we are used to. Dembele into the drop off striker position which he has played before and Carrol into be the ball cycler. Tell Siggy and Walker to get as many crosses in as possible.

Back