• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham vs Emirates Marketing Project

This thread has really cheered me up!!!!!

I thought I was so alone in all this......must let the missus read it.

Pont 1 is ridiculous. Ledley is a class act and has never just taken people down. He tries to intercept or win the ball fairly. He obviously thought he could do so on this occasion, but made a mistake. I will certainly not get on his back for one mistake in probably five years. I don't for a second consider that Ledley chose to chop him down in the area rather than outside, I'm sure he tried to win the ball fairly on the first challenge outside, and then through a combination of fatigue, panic and adrenaline lunged in again inside the box. It was a costly mistake for sure but to suggest he deliberately chose to hack him down inside the box as opposed to outside is a stupid statement.

Why are you saying things i clearly didn't say or even insinuate?

Of course he didn't purposely try and foul him. My point is that he should have put a challenge in when Aguero went past him and IF he so happens to not get the ball and commit a foul then so be it as it's outside the box. You don't just let a player go past you without not even trying to put a tackle in and then decide when the player is in a far more dangerous position to finally put in the tackle. That's very stupid imo.

I have done stupid things before, so when the warning bells go off now I try and calm the fook down. On Sunday, I switched off TV, locked up my place and went to bed and watched few South Park episodes.......I didnt even watch Manu Gooners game as a scum win would have pushed me over the edge....

The worst I have ever done.....was when I was living abroad and been out for a few beers to get in the mood before the wham lasagna debacle........I came home to find a magnificent spread on the table (I suspect to sober me up..) and as I sat down to tuck in I read the news coming from England about food poisoning.......everything on the table ended up on the floor and I smashed patio window when meaning to throw cash against the wall. My then girlfriend had some friends round.....she wasnt my GF for much longer hence I try to calm to fook down now!

mistake 1 - this thread would not exist if we hadnt conceeded a penalty in the last minute, which in most days would not have happened

seriously, if you want to analyse every little thing you can find plenty of "mistakes" in every 10 minute spell for both teams.

fickle fans need to stop thinking footballers are perfect (if they were, Defoe wouldnt have made it 2-1. infact if they were, every game would be 0-0 as everything that happens would immediately be nulified)

This is what cracks me up. The over analysis of everything.

Had it stayed 2-2, who the f#ck would be going on about BAE losing the ball, or Kings foul, or Harrys substitutions. Everyone would be creaming about the comeback and Freidels penalty save.

All those things would have still happened though...those mistakes. They are mistakes if they cost us, and they are mistakes if we get away with them. They happen every game, to every club, but to harp on ONLY when we lose is tiresome.

King was GHod, but now he's an "idiot"....for one mistimed challenge in about 10yrs. Pathetic.

to be fair he did give us an extremely dodgy penalty at anfield last season. that aside though we've been on the wrong end of big decisions by him in big games at least half a dozen games in the last 2 or 3 years

Why are you saying things i clearly didn't say or even insinuate?

Of course he didn't purposely try and foul him. My point is that he should have put a challenge in when Aguero went past him and IF he so happens to not get the ball and commit a foul then so be it as it's outside the box. You don't just let a player go past you without not even trying to put a tackle in and then decide when the player is in a far more dangerous position to finally put in the tackle. That's very stupid imo.

Your post clearly does insinuate that you were suggesting he made a conscious decision to chop him down in the box. In your first sentence you say that he makes the decision to make a foul challenge, but chooses to wait until Balotelli's in the box. In your last sentence you say "what kind of macaronic decision making is that?"

You've got to admit it is frustrating though...Balotelli will score every penalty he takes for Emirates Marketing Project. Friedel knows this only too well. Wheras leaving him to attempt to finish in open play he is a hell of a lot more likey to miss

Yes it is frustrating, but then if King had not put in a challenge at all and allowed Balotelli to shoot, then if Balotelli had scored people would be criticising King for not even trying to tackle him, or slagging him off for not at least chopping him down with the possibility they could miss the resulting penalty and crap like that.

He made a split second decision to tackle, and unfortunately mistimed it. It wasn't like Balotelli had a difficult angle or there was cover on the line or anything, so it's fair to assume Ledley thought Balotelli was about to shoot and had a good chance to score, in that split second he tried to poke the ball away, thereby eliminating the danger. Of course we know it didn't pan out like that, but I certainly don't blame him for his decision making.

Have a bad feeling that Webb is going to say he saw the Balotelli incident, therefore no charges will be brought. Lescott should be done as well! Webb gets given most of the big games both domestically and in Europe/International tournaments, and he consistently fudges it up time and time again.

If he gets done he will get a 4 match ban, we get nothing from the game though as the result wont change, how right is that

He has played an enormous part in them getting 3 points but shouldnt have been on the pitch

If he gets done he will get a 4 match ban, we get nothing from the game though as the result wont change, how right is that

He has played an enormous part in them getting 3 points but shouldnt have been on the pitch

Lescott was arguably even more significant. If he had gone - as he should have - they would likely have altered their game plan for the last 15mins. But it's all ifs and buts, it is now at least up to the FA to do the pair of them.

Lescott was arguably even more significant. If he had gone - as he should have - they would likely have altered their game plan for the last 15mins. But it's all ifs and buts, it is now at least up to the FA to do the pair of them.

I bet nothing will happen...

And what about Lescott? A straight red, deffo a second yellow, forearm smash to kaboul's FACE...not a word...it's deplorable...we fudging did them, got back to 2-2, they got petulant and this is what happens. Milner was looking at Balotelli in the post-match like he knew he was the biggest clam in the stadium. Milner's a decent, honest, hard and hard working player; he must look at brick like that and scream inside. It's bad enough when you hate opposition players, imagine how it must feel if you have to play with a clam? Reminds me how grateful I am we did not sign Suarez...

I think with 9 men, it's fair to say City would've deservedly lost.

And prior to 2-2 he was just about to bring off VDV for Pav anyway.....changed his mind as we were not desperate for the goal at that stage and a point would have done....VDV was getting subbed regardless at that stage.

We still attacked, and were the bigger threat up until the penalty, so Im not sure how anyone "knew" we would lose. We didnt lose because VDV went off.

Not at all, in fact I thought it was very good as it freed Luka up to push further forward and try to find the pockets Rafa wasn't/hadn't...not, I said at the time it was actually one of Redknapp's sharpest subs of the season...

Idiot King

Ledley King you bungling idiot

Awful from King

Awful taco

now you've had a day to reflect, would you care to issue a retraction? anyone's allowed frustration, but if you still stand by what you said there 24 hours later, then you should expect some mighty, and I mean, MIGHTY, flames...

iXPifFVsseHKP.gif

i now officially hate Lescott more than anyone in the league

gives it all the 'Spurs aint our rivals' crap leading up to the game and then celebrates like he won the world cup when he fumbles the ball over the line (tbf i even think the last touch came off one of ours to be pedantic) and to top it all off has to resort to dirty clam tactics like this to ensure his side stays on top

monstrously ugly sack of brick

Just seen Crouch's eye gouge as well, pretty ugly! Hope the fa take action against him too. Wolves will be up in arms again if the fa don't punish Emirates Marketing Project. Karl Henry got sent off for kicking back at Albrighton, but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as the two assaults yesterday.

Balotelli Charged

[h=1]Balotelli charged by The FA[/h]

The FA has today charged Emirates Marketing Project forward Mario Balotelli with violent conduct following an incident in his sideÔÇÖs home game against Tottenham Hotspur.

Balotelli was involved in an incident with TottenhamÔÇÖs Scott Parker during Manchester CityÔÇÖs 3-2 victory at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday 22 January 2012.

Balotelli has until 6pm on Wednesday 25 January 2012 to respond to the charge.

Back