• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham vs Emirates Marketing Project

This has come a day too fudging late. The only difference this will make to us is help our dying embers of a title threat, as if City don't have enough cover for Balotelli. I don't feel justice at all

This comment has really fudging angered me. It was a mistimed tackle, Ledley got caught and made a mistake but that is the only mistake I can remember him making in probably the last five seasons. The guy's a fudging brilliant player and you call him a bungling idiot and a taco, show him some respect for Christ sake and cut him some slack. He's a fudging legend and deserves our support. I'm more annoyed that Benny launched the ball forward to nobody when he had time to bring it out and play a pass, or go back to Brad, or do anything other than just hoof it aimlessly. Annoyed that he did it, but I'm certainly not going to call him childish names for making a bad decision.

dont worry about it mate, people like bullet make me sick... let him keep being an "awful taco"

He elbowed Kaboul AFTER the ball had gone. Can't believe they didn't charge him, but then again, this is the FA were talking about. brick defender as well.

fudge off howard webb. is it not a joke that something that happens in front of tens of thousands of people (and many more on TV), but is "missed" by one official be let go? the gif southstand posted certifies that anyone with any doubt of the malicious intent of that stamp is a grade-A asshole... allegedly.

I've had enough focusing on the villains here though. Scott Parker showed some real class, but he's constantly on the business end of rough/dodgy tackles. He's willing to take a few for the team, and as far as I know, without a fuss.

FA decide that Emirates Marketing Project defender Joleon Lescott has no case to answer over his clash with Tottenham defender Younes Kaboul on Sunday.

If you would have captured Lescott's assault on Kaboul on a CCTV camera down your local High Street, it surely would have warranted a visit from the local constabulary? As for the Balotelli stamp, how close did the blow come to hitting Parker's neck - it just does not bearing thinking about, the type of injury that could have occurred!

I have zero percent respect for either the two Emirates Marketing Project players involved in these incidents; their classless supporters (who are so far along an Egyptian river), or the lily-livered faceless cowards of the FA who yet again seem to condone this type of behaviour just because they believe that money talks!! As for Webb, please, please do not get me started!!! :mad:

Usually I do quite like Balotelli, he is good to have in England. But yesterday was very frustrating because it is quite obvious he meant to stand on him.

After the stamp he falls forward. If he didn't mean to he would either have stayed up or fell sideways and you can also see there is a slight pause between the stamp and the fall which suggests he knew he had done it but he tried to make it an accident.

As I said, I do quite like Balotelli but yesterday my opinion of him went down.

Never understood how such decisions would benefit a team. A ban may work for our opponents! How about a little thing called video technology?

If you would have captured Lescott's assault on Kaboul on a CCTV camera down your local High Street, it surely would have warranted a visit from the local constabulary? As for the Balotelli stamp, how close did the blow come to hitting Parker's neck - it just does not bearing thinking about, the type of injury that could have occurred!

I have zero percent respect for either the two Emirates Marketing Project players involved in these incidents; their classless supporters (who are so far along an Egyptian river), or the lily-livered faceless cowards of the FA who yet again seem to condone this type of behaviour just because they believe that money talks!! As for Webb, please, please do not get me started!!! :mad:

He could have got have got seriously injured in any number of ways. Eye damage, concussion, broken nose etc.

City fans are just clams, plain and simple. They have acted with zero class and grace ever since they won the lottery. Means absolutely nothing to me if they win the league this season or if they win the quadruple in a years time. Their fans act like they would have got to the top of the league regardless of the money they've spent and try and compare our spending to them! I used to like City, I now hate them more than any club other than Arsenal and Chelsea, but they're gaining on Chelsea in my eyes.

Never understood how such decisions would benefit a team. A ban may work for our opponents! How about a little thing called video technology?

Thats how I see it. In fact it feels worse now. We wont get our point back and the ban actually benefits the four opponents they play in that time more than us

Video technology for these sort of incidents will never happen, it would make a complete mockery of the ref's as it would clearly show how incompetent they are and both managers would be shouting for video replays every incident.

Well maybe we need to get rid of refs on the field (seeing as they cannot keep up with the modern athlete) and maybe sit refs in a video room. Have 3 refs so there is 3-0 2-1 decision.

It's horrible but footie has moved on.

now you've had a day to reflect, would you care to issue a retraction? anyone's allowed frustration, but if you still stand by what you said there 24 hours later, then you should expect some mighty, and I mean, MIGHTY, flames...

Well said 'Steff. If I made as fewer mistakes at my work that Ledley does at his, I would be on double the salary I am actually on!

Hey Bullet, have you seen the "stats" of how well we play with him, oh and this as well!

[video=youtube;SjxmyjLp9tg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjxmyjLp9tg[/video]

When it comes to Lescott, I seem to remember some clarification during last season that when your elbow or forearm hit an opponent intent shouldn't even be part of the referee's judgment. Once it happens you more or less walk. At least that was the explanation for Defoe's red against Villa, and a few others around that time. Meaning it is totally unacceptable if Webb has seen the incident and decided to do nothing.

What makes both those calls even more frustrating, by coming back and looking the stronger team after the equaliser City by resorting to such behavior showed a distinct lack of mental strenght. A sending off combined with us winning could easily have effected their morale and belief further down the line..

how can anyone with an ounce of grey matter between their ears not see Lescott deliberately forearm smash Kaboul in the face ??

absolutely ludicrous that they say he hasn't anything to answer

actually, thinking about it, i don't know how the same panel can see those two incidents differently, they're both so blatant.

what's the judging criteria? what are the reasons that Lesc*nt's isn't a red?

raised arm? check.
driven into the face of the opponent? check.
not self defence? check, as Kaboul's arms are down.
not momentum? check, as he lowers, then raises his arm in a separate movement.
opponent is clearly felled and in need of treatment? check.

i just don't get it.

He could have got have got seriously injured in any number of ways. Eye damage, concussion, broken nose etc.

City fans are just clams, plain and simple. They have acted with zero class and grace ever since they won the lottery. Means absolutely nothing to me if they win the league this season or if they win the quadruple in a years time. Their fans act like they would have got to the top of the league regardless of the money they've spent and try and compare our spending to them! I used to like City, I now hate them more than any club other than Arsenal and Chelsea, but they're gaining on Chelsea in my eyes.

Totally agree. Did have a bit if respect for their fans upto a few years. This morning at work was the final straw. I cant even repeat some of the obsenities thrown my way today.
I refused to rise to any of the bait, it was exactly what they wanted. All the neutrals know the truth. 90% of those wearing Sky Blue spectacles cant.
I never thought I would see the day I would be happy to see United win a title and Liverpool get to Wembley. But this year I do. I would f#ckin love to see them potless.

Back