• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham vs Emirates Marketing Project

1) Ledley King

Why exactly did he not bring Aguero down if he was going to comit a foul and wait until Balotelli is is the area to put in a challenge? i said sometime during thee first half in the match thread that Scott Parker should have brought down one of their players "20 yards earlier" but instead he waits until they're in a more attacking position to piut in a challenge, and Ledley does exactly the same thing. What kind of macaronic decsion making is that?

2) Benoit Assou Ekotto

He was dire today but what exactly is he thinking to play it long when the ball is going to go out of play. He's fully aware we have short arse Jermain Defoe up top who would never in a million years beat Lescott or Savic in a aerial challenge but he decides to do it anyway?. Watch Defoe and Luka talking when they're given a penalty. I'm almost certain Defoe is questioning what Ekotto was playing at.

3) Gareth Bale

Was good in the second half but he delayed and delayed when put through. All he needed to do is square to Defoe but he took a few touches to many and put in a bad ball.

We beat ourselves tbh. Such a shame really as we didn't deserve that but our decision making at times is scary bad.

Pont 1 is ridiculous. Ledley is a class act and has never just taken people down. He tries to intercept or win the ball fairly. He obviously thought he could do so on this occasion, but made a mistake. I will certainly not get on his back for one mistake in probably five years. I don't for a second consider that Ledley chose to chop him down in the area rather than outside, I'm sure he tried to win the ball fairly on the first challenge outside, and then through a combination of fatigue, panic and adrenaline lunged in again inside the box. It was a costly mistake for sure but to suggest he deliberately chose to hack him down inside the box as opposed to outside is a stupid statement.

I almost threw my phone at my tv yesterday but from past experiences i choose to throw it at the sofa instead and punch the pillows as hard as i could :(

This is my usual response too, but yesterday I chose to punch my leg instead. I never hold bottles/glasses in my hand when we're playing as I'm always worried I'll hurl them at something if situations like yesterday's finale arise, I just tend to take sips when the ball is out of play or in the middle of the park in a non-threatening situation.

I got my "Doris Stokes how to be a Phychic Handbook" out and sent a message to AW telling him to take his best player off at a cruitical point in his next game and to forget why he did it!!!

Lol at Cudicini "oway!!!"

Must admit I do watch the tunnel cam from time to time, it does give an interesting insight in to the whole pre match routine and how the footballers act...

I turned my tele over to Antiques fudging roadshow or whatever was on 101. Could not deal with seeing them win, so in my eyes City didnt win, the game is still going. My mrs was asleep next to me on the sofa and Im surprised that i didnt wake her up with the swearing...

mistake 1 - this thread would not exist if we hadnt conceeded a penalty in the last minute, which in most days would not have happened

seriously, if you want to analyse every little thing you can find plenty of "mistakes" in every 10 minute spell for both teams.

fickle fans need to stop thinking footballers are perfect (if they were, Defoe wouldnt have made it 2-1. infact if they were, every game would be 0-0 as everything that happens would immediately be nulified)

Pont 1 is ridiculous. Ledley is a class act and has never just taken people down. He tries to intercept or win the ball fairly. He obviously thought he could do so on this occasion, but made a mistake. I will certainly not get on his back for one mistake in probably five years. I don't for a second consider that Ledley chose to chop him down in the area rather than outside, I'm sure he tried to win the ball fairly on the first challenge outside, and then through a combination of fatigue, panic and adrenaline lunged in again inside the box. It was a costly mistake for sure but to suggest he deliberately chose to hack him down inside the box as opposed to outside is a stupid statement.

You've got to admit it is frustrating though...Balotelli will score every penalty he takes for Emirates Marketing Project. Friedel knows this only too well. Wheras leaving him to attempt to finish in open play he is a hell of a lot more likey to miss

[video=youtube;YersIyzsOpc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YersIyzsOpc[/video]
My reaction was a bit more understated than that, but I cussed my brains out and when I went to throw the remote (I think this was a natural, unanimous reaction), I luckily turned around first and threw it straight into the couch. 8:30 in the morning was too early to be drinking (some may say), otherwise I'd have to explain to my roommate why the remote control was embedded into his TV screen.

Certainly do remember that, the defender made a complete hash of it, Defoe nicked it and goal...till Mr Webb decided that we couldn't possibly be allowed to beat Liverpool. Not been to Anfield since alas.

One mistake - King's rash challenge, single individual error cost us in an otherwise very good performance. Considering said player very rarely makes mistakes, farless ones so costly, not much else to add.

What I took away from the game was, we matched City and probably should have won, I watched the Manure/Scum game later, and the diference in quality of play on show was noticeable, really felt our game with City looked like two much better teams.

Back