• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham v Gillingham - League Cup

No I'm just fed up with the constant criticism and judgements made of players, the team, the manager and the chairman. If I felt so disappointed as some of the "fans" on this site of what they have to put up with I would take my business elsewhere. Everyone has their opinion but it seems at times people are looking for escaped goats and hoping for failure to prove their point.

Well then, since I've never been one for "constant criticism and judgements made of players", wasn't in the least negative about the team, much less the manager or chairman, and am under no circumstances "hoping for failure", it was just an absurd overreaction to my post, plain and simple. I expressed a concern, nothing more.

Last edited:
No I'm just fed up with the constant criticism and judgements made of players, the team, the manager and the chairman. If I felt so disappointed as some of the "fans" on this site of what they have to put up with I would take my business elsewhere. Everyone has their opinion but it seems at times people are looking for escaped goats and hoping for failure to prove their point.

I am always looking for escaped goats. Please let me know if you find any!

Well, some silky skills on display tonight from Eriksen and some of the youngsters, some of which was a joy to watch, but the fact that Janssen could only get off the mark Soldado stylee with a pen, against that level of opposition, and the fact that there was a litany of wasted opportunities as well, most of which, it has to be said, didn't even test the keeper ... I'll admit, I find it a concern.

Yes, it's early days still. Of course, he has to be given a fair crack of the whip, and I wouldn't blame anyone for saying it's knee-jerkery to invoke an image of straying uncomfortably close to that all-too-familiar territory, but I have got to say I really am wondering whether he is capable of filling a Kane-sized hole in our tally of league goals over the next couple of months or so (notwithstanding the question of whether Kane would have been, either).
Margins, bad luck, beginner's nerves etc. He did play excellently with his team mates though, two assists, was it? Scored a pen in a pressured situation. Would've scored if Eriksen didn't shoot himself but pass on the 2-0 goal.

I find it very hard to criticise Janssen after last night. The goals will come. Whether his tally will match that of our top scorer from the past two seasons, well, that's as big a burden as you could put on any player.

marsmelons.com

Agree, I get a feeling that some fans fancy being unsatisfied and constantly disappointed. If I was in that situation, I would actually consider doing something else, it can't be healthy.

I am always looking for escaped goats. Please let me know if you find any!

The speed of our play - passing especially was fantastic. They couldnt get near the ball at times. Called it before the game Winks and Carol together = fast quick passing. Interesting to see if Poch can blend some of that with the physical bigger CMs. Either getting them to improve their passing (ideally) or combine them with a Winks or Carol. Though they seem to thrive off having someone to play off, lots of fast give and gos. I really hope Poch can develop this side our the first teams game. Its whats missing sometimes when teams sit deep.

We need to pass and move quickly through defences. We do occasionally.

Gillingham were woeful, but we didn't give them a chance. Everyone played well. 17 and 18 year olds who could play in the PL now if they had to.

Last edited:
The speed of our play - passing especially was fantastic. They could get near the ball at times. Called it before the game Winks and Carol together = fast quick passing. Interesting to see if Poch can blend some of that with the physical bigger CMs. Either getting them to improve their passing (ideally) or combine them with a Winks or Carol. Though they seem to thrive off having someone to play off, lots of fast give and gos. I really hope Poch can develop this side our the first teams game. Its whats missing sometimes when teams sit deep.

We need to passing move quickly through defences. We do occasionally.

Gillingham were woeful, but we didn't give them a chance. Everyone played well. 17 and 18 year olds who could play in the PL now if they had to.

I think the whole pace of the game was slow. We were at 80% pace because Gillingham were about 60% of where an EPL side would be.

I would like to see Winks used more against weaker EPL teams though, to speed up our transitioning.

After the 5-0 score line, I came away wondering if our first 11 were playing, we would have won by the same margin.
I genuinely believe they would have sat deeper and we wouldn't have scored as many. I accept that the scorers were mainly part of the first 11, but still.

Well, some silky skills on display tonight from Eriksen and some of the youngsters, some of which was a joy to watch, but the fact that Janssen could only get off the mark Soldado stylee with a pen, against that level of opposition, and the fact that there was a litany of wasted opportunities as well, most of which, it has to be said, didn't even test the keeper ... I'll admit, I find it a concern.

Yes, it's early days still. Of course, he has to be given a fair crack of the whip, and I wouldn't blame anyone for saying it's knee-jerkery to invoke an image of straying uncomfortably close to that all-too-familiar territory, but I have got to say I really am wondering whether he is capable of filling a Kane-sized hole in our tally of league goals over the next couple of months or so (notwithstanding the question of whether Kane would have been, either).

Well you got that bit right at least.;)

I know it was only Gillingham, but some of the passing and movement was truly a joy to watch. I really like the look of Winks and how he linked with Carrol and Onomah.

Janssen's forward play actually makes me think that our midfielders will all score more goals in Kane's absence. It'll be fascinating to see how he (and the 3 behind him) fare against Boro.

Back