• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham v Gillingham - League Cup

Not sure thats something to be proud of when you only have 6 goals to show for it... :(

Not taking anything away from the performances though.... wonder what the typical attempts to goal ratio is for a top 4 premier league side?

40 of them were against Sunderland

How many appearances do you give him before you don't think these anonymous performances are acceptable? He's started a few games and had a couple dozen sub appearances, yet I don't think I've ever seen him create a chance, beat a man, have a decent effort,...I want all Spurs players to succeed, espectially young players, but Onomah is given huge leeway for not doing anything

Onomah keeps things simple but in that 19 yr old is a huge bunch of talent, skill and technique. He is not a flashy player. He does what he needs to do and keeps it going. He might need to become more forceful but damn the talent is obvious.

At one point, I was wishing the game would last longer. They looked absolutely comfortable. Perhaps the opposition didnt help in challenging them but then - this is an extremely good young bunch with potential and it shows.

Its almost like an Ajax set up where they play exactly like the first 11. Loved watching it.

Shows how crap they are though. New stadium hardly a fortress is it?

Begrudgingly I will cut them some slack. The opening few games in a new stadium are tough for any team become it can become anywhere near a fortress.

We could have the same problem when we move into ours. Next season could be the same, although the fact its a stadium some players know well and we will have played at least 3 games there this season should help on that score

Who the fudge is Alfie Whiteman??? @Yoof why have you been keeping this guy a secret?

Haha, I think I've mentioned him a couple of times actually :p. I like him a lot but definitely didn't expect to see him involved with the first team this soon!

Well, some silky skills on display tonight from Eriksen and some of the youngsters, some of which was a joy to watch, but the fact that Janssen could only get off the mark Soldado stylee with a pen, against that level of opposition, and the fact that there was a litany of wasted opportunities as well, most of which, it has to be said, didn't even test the keeper ... I'll admit, I find it a concern.

Yes, it's early days still. Of course, he has to be given a fair crack of the whip, and I wouldn't blame anyone for saying it's knee-jerkery to invoke an image of straying uncomfortably close to that all-too-familiar territory, but I have got to say I really am wondering whether he is capable of filling a Kane-sized hole in our tally of league goals over the next couple of months or so (notwithstanding the question of whether Kane would have been, either).

Well, some silky skills on display tonight from Eriksen and some of the youngsters, some of which was a joy to watch, but the fact that Janssen could only get off the mark Soldado stylee with a pen, against that level of opposition, and the fact that there was a litany of wasted opportunities as well, most of which, it has to be said, didn't even test the keeper ... I'll admit, I find it a concern.

Yes, it's early days still. Of course, he has to be given a fair crack of the whip, and I wouldn't blame anyone for saying it's knee-jerkery to invoke an image of straying uncomfortably close to that all-too-familiar territory, but I have got to say I really am wondering whether he is capable of filling a Kane-sized hole in our tally of league goals over the next couple of months or so (notwithstanding the question of whether Kane would have been, either).

He will be absolutely, 100% fine. Hold up play great, allowed us to play some nice football in the box, the chances will fall for him eventually.

I thought Janssen was absolutely brilliant tonight. Did very little wrong with any of his (tough) chances and ran their defence ragged while he was on.

I hadn't seen enough of Edwards in the the pre-season to make me think he was ready for senior appearances this season, but tonight I thought he was very good in his 20 minutes, despite the side slowing down.

I thought Janssen was absolutely brilliant tonight. Did very little wrong with any of his (tough) chances and ran their defence ragged while he was on.
Agreed. But there are many on here who won't be satisfied until he scores with every opportunity against the teams like Emirates Marketing Project.

He's brick and that Edwards can f*** off as well, 15 mins and didn't score. We should sign Pogba and Messi and Griezmann and Modric and Bale, get rid of these rubbish players and the brain dead manager.

He's brick and that Edwards can f*** off as well, 15 mins and didn't score. We should sign Pogba and Messi and Griezmann and Modric and Bale, get rid of these rubbish players and the brain dead manager.

I'll assume you've had a drink, because that's just as absurd an overreaction to my post as the one you're trying to parody.

I was expecting more fight from Gillingham, they were poor. Winks was by far the best of our young players and seems to be pushing himself in front of Carroll. I was pleased to see so many young players get a chance and it not come back and bite us in the a***. We could have played this game without a keeper. It was strange to see Gillingham play a massive brick s***house on the wing and a stocky slow bloke in the middle up front.

I'll assume you've had a drink, because that's just as absurd an overreaction to my post as the one you're trying to parody.

No I'm just fed up with the constant criticism and judgements made of players, the team, the manager and the chairman. If I felt so disappointed as some of the "fans" on this site of what they have to put up with I would take my business elsewhere. Everyone has their opinion but it seems at times people are looking for spacegoats and hoping for failure to prove their point.

Back