• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham v Gillingham - League Cup

I would like to see Poch go for it and give Edwards a start. Along with Janssen, Winks, Carol, Onomah with the rotated CBs. Maybe Sissoko too. Eriksen, Lamela on the bench.

Trippier CCV Wimmer Davies
Sissoko Winks Carol
Edwards Onomoh
Janssen

I would like to see Poch go for it and give Edwards a start. Along with Janssen, Winks, Carol, Onomah with the rotated CBs. Maybe Sissoko too. Eriksen, Lamela on the bench.

Trippier CCV Wimmer Davies
Sissoko Winks Carol
Edwards Onomoh
Janssen

I'm not sure you can play Winks and Carroll in the same team, they are too similar (other than Winks having aggression)/do the same role

I'm not sure you can play Winks and Carroll in the same team, they are too similar (other than Winks having aggression)/do the same role

There was a game preseason with both on the pitch and they were awesome together. I've rarely seen us ping the ball about so quickly. They were scintillating together. You could play Carol further forward and bring in Wanyama.

He was good going forward and not too bad defensively. He owned LB for a decade till Graham brought in the more agricultural Ben Thatcher (who Hoddle then quickly upgraded to Ziege)

Francis replaced Edinburgh with Clive Wilson iirc. And didn't we get the wonderful Paulo Tramezani after that?

I'll never forget one game where Edinburgh was on the attack chasing after a long hopeful ball and a voice cried out in the crowd "Run Forrest, Run"

This has made me think of all the crap left-backs we've had. I don't think we got a decent one in my time watching us til Treacle.

----------------------------Vorm---------------------------

Trippier---------CCV------------------Verts--------Davies

----------------Wanyama---------------Winks------------

N'Koudou----------------Onomah-------------------Edwards

----------------------------Janssen-------------------------

Should be good enough.

----------------------------Vorm---------------------------

Trippier---------CCV------------------Verts--------Davies

----------------Wanyama---------------Winks------------

N'Koudou----------------Onomah-------------------Edwards

----------------------------Janssen-------------------------

Should be good enough.

Nice to see someone remembered we have N'Koudou.

Still think 4 youngsters is too much, might swap Onomah in your setup with either Eriksen or Sissoko

Really need to give Janssen a chance to get a couple in this game.

Nice to see someone remembered we have N'Koudou.

Still think 4 youngsters is too much, might swap Onomah in your setup with either Eriksen or Sissoko

Really need to give Janssen a chance to get a couple in this game.

You're right, it might make sense to swap out Onomah or Winks for Sissoko (not Eriksen - might as well continue resting him, since we're pretty f*cked if we can't beat Gillingham sans Eriksen) if we're serious about trying to get Janssen up and firing.

Last edited:
You're right, it might make sense to swap out Onomah or Winks for Sissoko (not Eriksen - might as well continue resting him, since we're pretty f*cked if we can't beat Gillingham sans Eriksen) if we're serious about trying to get Janssen up and firing.
I think I would play one of Eriksen or Lamela. Eriksen would be my prefernce. If we want Janssen to bag a few confidence building goals then we need a decent supply line. If we play too many kids in midfield then there is a potential to get over run. I'd go with ...

----------Dier----Winks--------
Sissoko-----Eriksen-----N'Koudou
--------------Janssen------------

I think I would play one of Eriksen or Lamela. Eriksen would be my prefernce. If we want Janssen to bag a few confidence building goals then we need a decent supply line. If we play too many kids in midfield then there is a potential to get over run. I'd go with ...

----------Dier----Winks--------
Sissoko-----Eriksen-----N'Koudou
--------------Janssen------------

I can't see Dier being risked after going off early yesterday?

Back