• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Woolwich Wanderers

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Until we get someone in like Mourinho would win us something we will always be a bunch of losers. All spurs fans including me are fudging losers. This board are losers do you know why? Because we don't win anything and I'm a loser yeh but I don't give 2 fcuks. But you were all born losers because you are all spurs fans. Until you lot come to terms with that, you're all just deluded.

I'm a lsoer baby, so why don't you kill me.

A grown man ladies and gentleman

If we spent twice or thrice the ammount on wages and transfers that we do now we would be Wenger's Arsenal. At the moment we are (for the most part) a solid unit that's done very well on a (relatively) limited budget. For the last few seasons our overall outlay has been the 6th most in the league but we've finished 3rd and even pushed for the title. Couldn't ask for any more really. Anything else is a 'brucie bonus' as I've always said"

I can't really argue with it, we do well to be up where we are. But imo, the ability of these players is good enough to win something. But there is just something missing from the makeup of the team that means we will always be bridesmaids. And that frustrates the phuck out of me, it's almost easier to cope with us being a no-hope team that could win the odd league cup.

I haven't read his book but I'm told he writes that he thinks substitutions damage the morale of the player coming off.

Seems very odd. Surely the players are intelligent enough to know that changes are sometimes necessary to win games. The alternative is never using your subs, which surely does nothing for the morale of the substitutes as well - why bother training to be ready for the game when you know the manager won't pick you to replace someone, on account of the possibility of hurt feelings?

Also we have to let Poch build team spirit, if that means leaving out a want-a-way for a potential future player then so be it I guess. This is what makes Poch a great project manager. I hope we don't see similar decisions in the cups though.

Oh come on. So if we lose a game it suddenly becomes a crunch game? Ha ha Poch can’t win. I know people are hurting but no need to be plonkers about it.

you surely can't say he's blameless though. Like the vast majority of us, I still hope he manages us for many more years to come. but on quite a few occasions especially in bigger games, he has been tactically naive and either unsure or afraid (or both) to make quick substitutions. Also, what the fuk do his assistants do in these big games? Aren't they supposed to advise and suggest change or are they all just yes-men?

I still think that he'll end up going somewhere with more money and win bloody tons of things. So we'll definitely regret thinking that way. Don't do it to yourself, mate.

But, honestly, something's just really off about the way he seems to utterly *hate* substitutions at times - Emery out-thought him today, in large part down to that. Not sure what even having a world-class squad would do if it isn't used.
Emery made his subs at half time which I thought was clever. It gave them a chance to set the tone. I’m not sure a change in personnel when you are under the cosh is necessarily going to swing the game back in our favour especially at the tempo arsenal played at today. I think the bigger issue was how much more Arsenal wanted it today. That could be, of course in part, because we also played a big game in midweek.

you surely can't say he's blameless though. Like the vast majority of us, I still hope he manages us for many more years to come. but on quite a few occasions especially in bigger games, he has been tactically naive and either unsure or afraid (or both) to make quick substitutions. Also, what the fuk do his assistants do in these big games? Aren't they supposed to advise and suggest change or are they all just yes-men?

Fergie changed his back room staff every few years to get a new voice/new ideas.

I still think we'll finish top 4. We'll smash Southampton in the week, goons will drop points at Utd and we'll go above them again. But we're not doing anything more than that. We are the new "Wenger's Arsenal."

Well we’re not getting near City so top 4 will have to do. I consider it a big target - I want to see Champs lge in the new stadium next season, and I’m sure the money will help.

That’s 14 games. 9 away, 5 at Wembley and we’ve been away to Arsenal and Man U. We have the same points as Arsenal and now have a decent run of games.

Chin’s up.

Now I am depressed. My bad feeling for this game started with me reading an article where Toby said Spurs vs Arsenal wasnt the biggest game of the season for Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back