• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Woolwich Wanderers

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall very poor. One game too many perhaps? I hate this game always and doubly hate this result. You just can’t gift two goals. And also, why play Verts again when he’s just back after a two month lay off? Odd choice unless Toby was carrying a knock.

Until we get someone in like Mourinho who would win us something we will always be a bunch of losers. All spurs fans including me are fudging losers. This board are losers do you know why? Because we don't win anything and I'm a loser yeh but I don't give 2 fcuks. But you were all born losers because you are all spurs fans. Until you lot come to terms with that, you're all just deluded.

I'm a lsoer baby, so why don't you kill me.

Hi Beck

Overall very poor. One game too many perhaps? I hate this game always and doubly hate this result. You just can’t gift two goals. And also, why play Verts again when he’s just back after a two month lay off? Odd choice unless Toby was carrying a knock.

We should have been out of the game in the first 20 minutes!

Well we’re not getting near City so top 4 will have to do. I consider it a big target - I want to see Champs lge in the new stadium next season, and I’m sure the money will help.

That’s 14 games. 9 away, 5 at Wembley and we’ve been away to Arsenal and Man U. We have the same points as Arsenal and now have a decent run of games.

Chin’s up.

I agree, I think we will get top 4. I think over the course of 38 games, we will prove to be a better side than both Chelsea and Arsenal. And I agree again that nobody is going to touch City for the league.

But ugh, that sh1t today...as bad as anything I've seen from us, considering the opponent.

Now I am depressed. My bad feeling for this game started with me reading an article where Toby said Spurs vs Arsenal wasnt the biggest game of the season for Spurs.
I don’t know why fans or players do this. This was never going to be an easy game and comments like that just inspire the opposition / leave to with egg on your face. Although to be fair Toby is the only winner today, his new contract seems more of a priority!

Another crunch game lost. If we’d won today I couldn’t see them finishing above us this season. Now, anything could happen.

Hey ho.

They beat us last season
Their pretty much on the same points as last season too
Long way to go
They looked better than they used too but their not actually getting more points

I can't really argue with it, we do well to be up where we are. But imo, the ability of these players is good enough to win something. But there is just something missing from the makeup of the team that means we will always be bridesmaids. And that frustrates the phuck out of me, it's almost easier to cope with us being a no-hope team that could win the odd league cup.

This is bigger than Poch and the present team. I've said it before, but Poch has performed minor miracles in getting us to this point.

But even he can't change what we are, fundamentally, as a club.

Always the bridesmaids, never the bride. Good fortune and success is always something that happens to other teams, and never us. Other teams get ambitious owners...we get, well, somewhat adequate, penny-pinching spendthrifts looking to flip us on for a profit. Other teams cross the final hurdle and win titles and trophies - we always fall short. Other teams sign players out of their league and have a never-say-die attitude - we seem to be defeated by obstacles that other teams surpass, both in the transfer market and more generally.

We will be nearly men, because the sort of monumental change required to undo that strange sense of fate is once-in-a-century. And we haven't yet experienced that. Nor do we seem to want to - we're happy being bridesmaids, more or less, because, while Poch struggles against massive odds to get us to where we are now, no one really sees that taking us beyond what we are will require the sort of investment that Daniel Levy and ENIC will never provide. Indeed, we have people proud of the fact that we're going to be stuck that way, historically. Even if we do win something here and there - because at least we're also-rans in a sustainable fashion.

I've always been of the opinion that no one cares how history is made or trophies are won, in the long run. No one cares, just as no one now cares that we spent British record transfer fees to bring in the likes of Jimmy Greaves back when we were on top, half a century ago.

Ultimately, as long as we believe that being run like a pound-shop Arsenal will bring us the sort of generational success required to rid us of that curse of spurs.i.ness, I don't think we'll stop being bridesmaids. But hey, c'est la vie - and all you can do is enjoy the small moments.

Those moaning about Toby should realise that Poch didnt leave him out for a laugh - take a look at the guys schedule since June. Obviously there were stats Poch could see that said there was a risk playing him today.

What did disappoint me tho is the apparent lack of awareness that despite being 1-2 up, we were clearly being outplayed and were struggling to cope with them. We were very lucky to be winning but rather than seize on that fortunate position by changing tactics, we just soldiered on doing the same thing.

I think thats really very poor.

Why not decide to sit back and soak it up. Get winks on for maybe dele and play on the counter. With them chasing the game we could have exploited there obvious weakness at the back and ran out comfortable winners.

As it was we just carried on as we were, playing far too open, exposing ourselves, constantly losing the ball to their press and offering very little going forward.

I find it really very disappointing and a little alarming, that tactics that were clearly failing us were not changed.

We luckily had a chance to win today and we very naively threw it away.

We should have been out of the game in the first 20 minutes!
Yup. And we were with 20 to go. I don’t get why Poch doesn’t make a substitution when the momentum has clearly swung against us. It slows the game down, and makes the other team have to react. But maybe it changes the hue of the team aura.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back