• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United ***

For me this kind of game could defone our season and AVB's tenure: how he sets up against the typical long-ball 'up-and-at-em' could give us an idea of how much he is able to do 'back-to-basics' planning.

Nullify Carroll, Nullify their aerial threat, have enough muscle particularly in the air, zip the ball quickly on the floor is typical of what Redknapp would have beenb able to do mostly in recent years.
If we struggle with being able to do this on sunday, it could be a sign of it being a long hard slog of a season.

I really hope AVB beats nullifies Allardyce[-o<

COYS

I think taking care of Nolan is as/if not more important than Carroll.

Hate them and hate Allardyce, the prick.
We need to make sure we have some muscle in there to counter them. Sandro can take care of Nolan...so would Livermore. This is not a gme for pretty spirals, this is a game to be tough and to win however it's necessary...

---------------Lloris---------------
Walker-Dawson-Caulker-Vertonghen
----------Sandro--Dembele--------
Lennon-------Dempsey---------Bale
---------------Defoe--------------

Carroll in for Dembele if Dembele isn't ready to start. I really hope Dembele is ready though, we need him.

Dawson in to deal with their aerial threat, same with Vertonghen as a lb instead of Naughton there and Vertonhen in the centre. Having one more tall strong player will be important for the set pieces.

Dempsey hasn't been great, but he's been better than Sig and he will give us a bit of a goal threat alongside Defoe and a bit of height and strength going forward.

We need a fit Dembele back, we can't risk bringing him back too quickly. Can he be ready to play three games in 7 days?

Not over-confident at all of getting a victory, I've just lost a bit of confidence in our Tottenham at the minute, not helped obviously my the current run.
With our best X1 out there yes, but if Dembele is out, along with Adebayor's suspension and the absence of key defenders in Kaboul and Ekotto, that is the difference between a win and a draw.

Gonna have to sit on the fence and say 2-2.

Certainly dont see either side keeping a clean sheet. You all know Andy Carroll is going to score for them, probably along with Nolan. I'll tip Defoe to bag a goal against one of his old teams along with Vertonghen getting the other

Not over-confident at all of getting a victory, I've just lost a bit of confidence in our Tottenham at the minute, not helped obviously my the current run.
With our best X1 out there yes, but if Dembele is out, along with Adebayor's suspension and the absence of key defenders in Kaboul and Ekotto, that is the difference between a win and a draw.

Certainly dont see either side keeping a clean sheet. You all know Andy Carroll is going to score for them, probably along with Nolan. I'll tip Defoe to bag a goal against one of his old teams along with Vertonghen getting the other

West Ham are an average side at best. Their best XI isn't as good player for player as our second best XI. We have better players, a better Manager. We'll win.

Easier run of games at the start of the season. Judging a team's position after 12 games means nothing, especially in the mid-table positions.

Weve not exactly had a hard run and look how brick weve done..

No easy games in the PL, and I certainly hope the players dont have the same push over attitude about the Hammers that you do, as we will lose

Saying that I hope we smash the mugs 5-0

Weve not exactly had a hard run and look how brick weve done..

No easy games in the PL, and I certainly hope the players dont have the same push over attitude about the Hammers that you do, as we will lose

Saying that I hope we smash the mugs 5-0

If this was an away game, I'd agree with you. But at WHL we should be comfortably beating any team we feel will finish below us in the Premiership at the end of the season. And there should be no way that West Ham finish above us this year. We are underperforming at home, and this is the perfect game to get back to where we should be performing.

Agree with that. I am also not at all confident about the Spurs approach at the moment. it seems to lack any system, movement or desire. Can anyone see any areas where we have improved?

I am desperately trying to give AVB time and not rush to judgement. But even given our injuries and suspensions, I havent been impressed with any aspect of our play this season.

Hugely disappointed with AVB at the moment and really really hope it comes good - and soon. We are too reliant on Bale performing miracles.

There won't be any live telecast of our match anywhere =D&gt;!
Which idiot scheduled our match to be played at the same time as Chelsea-ManCity match, on a Sunday :evil:!

There won't be any live telecast of our match anywhere =D>!
Which idiot scheduled our match to be played at the same time as Chelsea-ManCity match, on a Sunday :evil:!

There are at least a dozen channels in Europe alone. Should not be a problem finding a flowing river.

Back