• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Jurgen the German's favourite team ***

I’m not going to list every player I think is better than what we have, and of course you have to take into context who is available and at what price. But my honest assessment is that we have a select few who couldn’t be upgraded on - Lloris, Jan, Toby, Eriksen and Kane. The rest range between good and very good but there are better players out there. If we can’t get them for whatever reason then fair enough, but that doesn’t make it a good window.I wasn’t one who had a massive rant about our lack of transfer activity, but I’m not going to do what some do on here who no matter what the situation like to make out like everything is all rosy....
Think it’s just being realistic about our financial situation.

I don’t buy that. We’re ridiculously conservative.

We pay the lowest percentage of our turnover on wages in the league and our turnover is low to start with.

We have a bundle of cash in the bank.

Levy is a wonderful chairman but he’s too conservative and it could cost us this season.

I don’t buy that. We’re ridiculously conservative.

We pay the lowest percentage of our turnover on wages in the league and our turnover is low to start with.

We have a bundle of cash in the bank.

Levy is a wonderful chairman but he’s too conservative and it could cost us this season.
Like I said, all the responses you want are in the transfer threads.

Like I said, all the responses you want are in the transfer threads.

Doesn’t make them right though. We’re the only club never to sign a player in a window. There’s a reason clubs don’t do that.

We had the resources to do it. Robbie Keane was just in saying he spoke to Levy and Levy didn’t want to overpay for a player. You have to overpay. That’s the market. He’s just too conservative to spend proper money and it’s going to hurt us.

Well Poch said at the start of the summer we had our targets, and I don’t think he agrees targets with Levy that are unrealistic financial wise. My point was it wasn’t a good window not bringing anyone in regardless of whether it was unrealistic or not to expect signings...

Decent performance. bricky goals to concede, particularly the first one. Some sloppy performances, particularly Dier and Dembele for me.

Some positives for sure, but right now two lost games in a row is a blow.

If I were to replace two players now, it would be Dembele and Dier. They've both turned into massive liabilities. Nowhere near their previous levels, and it's not just occasionally, it's constantly now.

Decent performance. bricky goals to concede, particularly the first one. Some sloppy performances, particularly Dier and Dembele for me.

Some positives for sure, but right now two lost games in a row is a blow.

We were terrible, really terrible. Very few positives to take out of that game. The most limp performance I can remember seeing from a Poch team.

I was at the other end so couldn’t see the penalty claim. It would have been daylight robbery, but I’d have taken the draw. My thoughts for what it’s worth. Kane and Eriksen should be out of the team for Inter. Vorm should be as well. Yeah, he kept us in the game, but he’s a liability. Maybe if we’d matched them up man for man and formation we’d have fared better. I see no reason why we couldn’t, we have the players. A front three today of Son, Kane and Moura, midfield of Eriksen, Dembele and Winks.
I know I’m contradicting myself about HK and CE, but it might have worked today.
In the pub now drowning my sorrows!

Very little to feel positive about with that. Dembele and Dier were -as has been said- poor. I thought Toby was sluggish. Eriksen is in a rut. Kane needs a rest. I think we should try Gazzaniga against Brighton, he cannot be worse than Vorm who is basically spam. I think Poch has to step up here and send Harry on a tropical holiday (start Sonny), start Lamela and bring Sanchez back in. If Wanyama actually is near full fitness perhaps step him up in place of Dier for a couple of games.

If we’d have got a last minute equaliser off a pen, it would’ve been very very undeserved.

I think the worst thing is that it all feels a bit “blah”...I think the stadium stuff has seriously derailed us.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

We were terrible, really terrible. Very few positives to take out of that game. The most limp performance I can remember seeing from a Poch team.
We didn't create enough. But Liverpool created very little between their disallowed goal early on and 0-1. We were sloppy in possession and it cost us (needles corner to give away). Overall play in the first half was alright, but lacking quality in central midfield with Dier and Dembele having poor games.

After they scored they looked more dangerous on the break as we had to push forward, that's to be expected imo.

Some sloppy, some good, overall not quite good enough. We don't concede the first goal and it's a different game imo.

Doesn’t make them right though. We’re the only club never to sign a player in a window. There’s a reason clubs don’t do that.

We had the resources to do it. Robbie Keane was just in saying he spoke to Levy and Levy didn’t want to overpay for a player. You have to overpay. That’s the market. He’s just too conservative to spend proper money and it’s going to hurt us.

Though I agree you have to over pay a little in this market, I ought to tell you any criticism of Levy on this site is meet with a bile of hatred, so be prepared.

He is a good chairman but the have been so many articles over the years where people who have dealt with him have said it is impossible to conclude transfers quickly. It is not always in our favour either like his fan boys would tell you. We have over spent on some absolute rubbish(as do all clubs to be fair) and kept players like Gomez, Bentley, Llorente around for years because we ask to much in transfer fees and end up paying a fortune in wages while never really playing players.

The have been so many quotes and articles over the years I am not prepared to go and find them nor do I keep them in a folder on my laptop under the title Levy is not the genesis some think he is. Because I am not that sad.

Back