• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Internazionale

Are you joking? Since the Leicester league winning season the focus on Spurs from the medua has been "they have to win a trophy"

Not at all, compare that to the pressure on the other top 6 managers it’s nothing.

Jose is under pressure after winning stuff
Pep is under pressure to win the CL
Klopp the league

We are under pressure (correctly with this squad) to win the league cup

Thought we played quite well today. Followed the game plan in the first half, kept it tight. Got the goal in the second, could've added a second, before they scored from a fluked cross. Last goal is tough to take, but this is what happens to a team out of their zone. Disappointed with the result, but didn't think we played too bad overall. The general atmosphere at the pub when we were leading and in control was that we had turned this around, and looked comfortable doing it. Margins.

Depending on the player I think they would be.

Dier/Dembele/Winks/Sissoko/Wanyama have been inconsistent at best

Getting someone In could have been the different in the Watford game and tonight.

Added to that, I heard Gary Neville, John Giles and Didi Hamann all day that a new signing can help raise morale, keep people on their toes and help them raise their game. Makes sense to me and these lads have played at the highest level.

Maybe we shouldnt have been spending so much on the stadium in that case? I've never looked at the breakdown of costs for it, but its always seemed off the charts

Presumably we weren't expecting the pound to bounce around all over the place when we planned the build. Also, there is never a good time to build a new stadium and staying in WHL to maintain the sixth biggest spend in the league is the definition of short-termism.

Maybe we shouldnt have been spending so much on the stadium in that case? I've never looked at the breakdown of costs for it, but its always seemed off the charts

Stick with the journey. Think long term. We are in a tough moment right now but the investment in the stadium will pay off for us way beyond this bad period or this season. Chelsea and Arsenal haven't spontaneously combusted as clubs for playing in the Europa League, and neither will we if we have a new stadium to allow us the wage budget to maintain a big squad to compete again.

We will still probably finish top 6 this year at worst, and next season we will have a great new stadium to play in from the off. We will be closer to being a real top club. I think we could risk it all on a great season here or there, but the fact is when you are competing with not just one but 5 other clubs that have more money than us, we may still end up finishing 3rd or 4th even if we really 'go for it', so strategically, I think the right move has been to do what we have done.

It's hard to pull up from the pain of a loss and realise where we are going, but I still think we are on the right track. And I actually feel way more positive after tonight than after the Liverpool game. Because we went to a tough European ground and not many people could argue that we didn't deserve to win that game. We competed again, and if we keep on this track we will be ok. And if we keep on in the top 6, we will remain competitive and keep on the upward track we are as a club.

And we show great love for it right? Great atmosphere. We always elevate. Sigh.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Personally I love the place, everything is so bloody convenient.

As for the players, I return to you to my earlier point, they should be mentally conditioned to ignore anything other than the game they are playing in, they shouldn’t be able to recognise a difference between one man and a dog or a hundred thousand baying Chelsea fans. If they can, we’ve failed to prepare them.

You get a couple of 200k players and the less than 200k players we have will want pay bumps, which if they don't get unsettles the squad. Our lack of budget is going to cost us. The Goons suffered from lack of funds when the moved into Effeminates.

Sorry mate but that argument doesn’t wash anymore. Our best players and new signings are always going to want big wages and/or pay increases. It’s up to the club to decide who deserves top dollar and who doesn’t. Same in any business really. Kane wants £300k a week? Ok. Ben Davies or Sissoko want £250k? Jog on boys.

Presumably we weren't expecting the pound to bounce around all over the place when we planned the build. Also, there is never a good time to build a new stadium and staying in WHL to maintain the sixth biggest spend in the league is the definition of short-termism.

I dont believe I said staying in WHL. The currency comment isn't really that relevant given that a large portion / most of the build costs would be £ denominated

Depending on the player I think they would be.

Dier/Dembele/Winks/Sissoko/Wanyama have been inconsistent at best

Getting someone In could have been the different in the Watford game and tonight.

I'm struggling to think of a player, other than Sanchez, who has made an immediate impact under Poch.

There is a middle ground between not building a stadium and spending £800m - £1bn

The NFL pitch and the rest of the development will all make long term commercial sense, as will all the bells and whistles for corporate customers. It doesn’t make sense to be grumpy about that spend in as part of bemoaning current recruitment and retention.

Lamela was the one for me. He was linking well with Moura and causing them all sorts of problems. Moura was in the game less after he went off.
Don’t agree. Moura was fine without Lamela, defending set pieces aside, in fact our best player. Taking Kane off was more crucial as we didn’t have anyone up with Moura and they had less of a threat from us. I love Lamela but we overplay his importance. The focus needs to be on our defending which has gone to pot.

Back