• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Internazionale

That’s just not true, particularly on wages. We could afford a couple of 200k players and our wages to turnover ratio would still be amongst the lowest in the league. Levy doesn’t want to spend it.

It’s going to cost us this season, it’s going to cost us getting more out of this squad and manager. I just hope Levy is seeing something in the bigger picture that’s justifying this approach.
Probably a spreadsheet that you can't see.

We don’t know how much budget we had we can speculate all you like. Regardless of what we did/didn’t have people were concerned at no signings yet posters maintained we have a great squad and it’s been a good window because we didn’t lose anyone. That was and always will be nonsense...

Levy has always said that the stadium wouldnt impact our ability to sign players so presumably some budget was there.

I agree that there seem to be a lot on here re-writing history. I dont have the time or inclination to check, but many many people were making comments as you say (good window as we didnt lose anyone) yet lots are now saying we were wrong not to have made signings

Why is it? Poch said at the start of the window we had our targets, clearly one of them was Grealish amongst others. In the commentary today the guy said Poch had admitted that he wanted to sign an Inter player but I didn’t catch his name. Poch is more than likely claiming he’s happy with no signings because he’s the ulimtate professional. The evidence is that he wanted players in, not sure how much blame can be attributed to him....

How long was the list of players, how realistic was that list?

If he went to Levy and said I want 1 of these 5 players and they are all unrealistic how is that levy’s fault.

The Grealish transfer was all on Levy

Why is it? Poch said at the start of the window we had our targets, clearly one of them was Grealish amongst others. In the commentary today the guy said Poch had admitted that he wanted to sign an Inter player but I didn’t catch his name. Poch is more than likely claiming he’s happy with no signings because he’s the ulimtate professional. The evidence is that he wanted players in, not sure how much blame can be attributed to him....

It was probably Perisic, he’s Inter’s best player, also linked with United in the summer but they couldn’t afford his wages which tells you how far off we would have been.

It was Keita Balde and i think was just a reference to our links to him in previous windows rather than this summer specifically

Asked for it, IMO. He knows we can't defend a corner to save our lives and still makes two subs that completely kill our ability to hold the ball up top, then everyone wonders why we're getting in each other's way and inviting pressure. Looking like Thursday nights to me at this rate.

This.
I do think he made some curious subs tonight, and in that sense I’d be looking for him to acknowledge that...but the truth is that once again we had chances to score more than one and we really, really need to start taking them.
No coincidence that since Vorm has gone in goal we have suffered these results.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Watch the second goal.

Vorm takes a massive step back into the line.

Hugo would have punched that or been on the scorer

You get a couple of 200k players and the less than 200k players we have will want pay bumps, which if they don't get unsettles the squad. Our lack of budget is going to cost us. The Goons suffered from lack of funds when the moved into Effeminates.

We could quite easily have afforded the bumps too and still had a fairly healthy wages to turnover ratio.

I’m judging this without any responsibility unlike Levy so it’s easy for me from behind a keyboard. But this isn’t a black and white issue so Levy’s choice isn’t clear cut and it’s a clear case of “we don’t have the budget.” We have the money but it does involve a bit of risk. It’s his job to make the right calls in those situations and I believe he has being ultra conservative because he wants to minimise the borrowing for the stadium.

However, it’s sort of short sighted in a way. He might save money on wages and transfers but how much do we lose if we don’t get out of the CL group? How much do we lose if we don’t qualify for it next season? How much do we lose if Eriksen thinks the writing is on the wall and won’t sign a new contract?

All those risks should be balanced against the risk of spending a good chunk of money on transfers and wages.

I think Levy has taken a chance that Poch can get another top 4 finish out of these players this season. I also think he’s wrong, this is where economic reality will catch up with us and set us back years.

I just hope that Levy’s long term plan comes to fruition because I don’t believe the next 3 seasons will be as enjoyable as the last 3.

Why did you think no signings would lead to this?

We tailed off last season and it’s continued this.

We badly needed two players in - one at least that could make an impact.

Either a ball playing CM or another 10 and drop Christian back.

No one new to accommodate or get up to speed. The players know each other and the system.

I don't read too much into form across seasons. We haven't got too many games to judge this season on. We got a bad result before the international break and played one of the best sides in the league after. We played well for most of the second half tonight and threw it away.

If the right players are available, then of course we should bring them in. If we had brought in a couple in the summer, I doubt that they would be having much impact now.

Back