• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Fiorentina 2nd leg ***

Thrown it away yet again, we are so fudging stupid, can we ever ever change this mindset, no other fudging team does it like we do

Not impressed

I thought complaining and debating was what a fan forum was for?

I'm not trying to stop you saying anything, I am just saying that I find the constant player x or player y are brick conversations and the overreactions to every defeat a bit repetitive and don't really get us anywhere. You don't even see any decent discussion about a players strengths or weaknesses 99% of the time.

I think the breadth of Soldado's mistake tonight cant be underestimated. From that point on we really seemed to lose our way.
Agreed. We were dominating the game at that point and if we took the lead I'm sure we'd have gone on to win comfortably but when we miss an absoute howler like that it's got to play on the team' minds and give the opposition confidence that it just ain't Spurs' night.

Our first 11 is very very strong, but as we've been saying all season, Poch is dealing with an under-strength hand and has done wonders in a short space of time given the style of play he wants to execute.

It is a matter of continual debate whether players such as Bobby and Lamela are going to cut it. With us, I'd say Bobby most certainly not. I still think he will be a top player somewhere, but the comparisons with Torres post dippers are clear. Lamela shows great promise for me, but I would hold my hands up and say on nights like tonight he needs to start showing up and deliver more.

I think it was Pirate 55 who asked if anyone ever seriously thought we would win this trophy anyway, and truth be told, hand-on-heft, my answer would have been 'no'. As a supporter I hoped but yes, I always felt it was unlikely.

You could not have a better game to bounce back in than Sunday. COYS

Is it, though? Lloris - Walker - Fazio - Verts - Rose - Bentaleb - Mason - Lamela - Eriksen - Chadli - Kane .

At the start of the season, would we have viewed that as a strong team? In fact, would opposition fans view that as a strong team now?

Poch's brilliantly constructed team and work ethic is what makes that team much more dangerous than it looks on paper, imo.

Its just so frustrating. Its not an overly difficult tie, we could have had much tougher drawn from the hat. So winnable yet we again just fold and simply exit a competition that we could have really had a go at if we had just professionally dealt with what was put in front of us, especially with two bites of the cherry

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

If we're in this competition next year, play the second string. Waste of fuking time.
Was it not pretty much the second string?
I'm not trying to stop you saying anything, I am just saying that I find the constant player x or player y are crud conversations and the overreactions to every defeat a bit repetitive and don't really get us anywhere. You don't even see any decent discussion about a players strengths or weaknesses 99% of the time.

But surely after witnessing these players play brick is the best time to talk about it?

But Stambouli, Fazio and Davies have been bought this season. They haven't improved us at all.they are all average at best.

We have lost the dynamism of the high press and youthful enthusiasm that saw us so effective against Chelsea, Arsnl and west Brom. We need quality additions to bring stardust to the team. We messed up big time in January.

Stambouli, Fazio and Davies are better than the squad players that they replaced. Would you rather have had Capoue, Kaboul and Naughton playing tonight? We all know that there is a drop in quality outside of the core group of players and that this needs addressing in the summer.

With regards to January, which players in these positions changed clubs that we should have signed?

Is it, though? Lloris - Walker - Fazio - Verts - Rose - Bentaleb - Mason - Lamela - Eriksen - Chadli - Kane .

At the start of the season, would we have viewed that as a strong team? In fact, would opposition fans view that as a strong team now?

Poch's brilliantly constructed team and work ethic is what makes that team much more dangerous than it looks on paper, imo.

Right.
And right now, Dembele instead of Chadli.
My point is that the manager has fashioned a very strong team from the players he has with regards to this who play in his desired style.
He has, since the middle of the season, known where he needs to strengthen the squad and he will do so in the summer whether through youths being developed as we speak and the odd signing.

But surely after witnessing these players play crud is the best time to talk about it?

Sure, if you have got something interesting to say. If it is just that play x or y is brick, I do not see the point.

Play like that on Sunday and the racists will tear us a new one
I'm still traumatised by my last visit to Wembley to watch Spurs play Chavski but if we make errors in the final 3rds like we did tonight the scoreline could be even worse.

Soldado made the difference this match. They managed to score 3 goals from a total of 5 shots on target over 180 minutes. We managed 1 from 10.....

85'-90' Nothing happened....

But seriously, to put a positive spin on things, if we had of taken our chances in the first half LAST WEEK we would't have had as much to worry about second leg.

Same goes for the first half tonight, if we had of taken our chances, the game would have been a completely different prospect.

For me it underlines the need to bring in a striker or two (in addition to golden Harry) who are clinical, pacey and hungry. I feel for Soldado to be honest, I really do, but a top-level striker should be rounding the keeper in that situation and slotting home.

I conversely feel like that the Spaniard is being treated a bit harshly on here, Fazio and Verthonghen's individual mistakes were as bad, if not worse and even more costly in the grand scheme of things.

Let's move on to Sunday and hope the lads can get up for it, because if they turn up with an attitude like they showed in the second half tonight, we're in for an absolute battering.

Massive shame. So wanted us to win this cup. Onwards to Wembley I guess and after that, a full frontal assault to finish as high up as possible in the League.

Same here,i'd personally have liked to prioritise the EL over the league cup. Gets us to where we want to be at the end of the day, that and a more prestigious cup.

Back