• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Fiorentina 2nd leg ***

I think the breadth of Soldado's mistake tonight cant be underestimated. From that point on we really seemed to lose our way.

I just think that a combination of a heavy fixture list and a limited squad outside of a core group of players has caught up with us. There is not much that we can do about that, you just have to play the hand that you are dealt as best you can.

If we lose Sunday, Poch will get a load of unfair criticism.

Unavoidable, despite the fact that he's done a good job so far. However, in between the need to maintain perspective and not judge him this season is a bit of a warning sign - the same trends were amply on evidence in AVB's first year. We all cooed at what a great job AVB did, rejigging a team that had lost VDV and Modric into a Bale-centred unit that hit 72 points and was a stud away from qualifying for the CL - and most of us thought that with a good summer window of backing and smart moves, we'd only progress in 2013/2014, setting the stage for a truly great season and period under AVB.

ku-xlarge.gif

We won't do anything differently this summer. Hopefully it won't have the same outcome as it did in 2013/2014.

Cheap, they have wanted this more than us and its shown. We laughed at Arsenal who underestimating Monaco, but clearly our squad is not good enough for a tournament our fans think is below us.

I think you will find that is generally what I am saying. If the players put it in a bit more and made the pressure and possession pay then this result wouldn't have happened. And for your information I don't think this tournament is below us but we should be beating Fiorentina relatively comfortably over two legs

Second Half.

49' - YELLOW CARD - Ben Davies for a foul.

52' - Fiorentina being quite threatening, their wingers causing lots of problems.

54' - GOAL - Gomez (Fiorentina) 1-0 (2-1 agg) - Fazio horror show

56' - Sub for Fiorentina. Gonzalo Rodríguez replaces José Basanta because of an injury.

60' - Nearly 2-0. Spurs are letting them walk through.

62' - Subs for Spurs. Townsend on for Chadli. Kane on for Bentaleb.

63' - Spurs switch to a 4-4-2 with Lamela on the left, Townsend on the right and Soldado drifting around looking lost.

71' - GOAL - Salah (Fiorentina) 2-0 (3-1 agg) - Vertonghen horror show

72 ' - YELLOW CARD - Salah for nudity.

75 ' - Sub for Spurs. Walker comes on for Less Than Super Jan.

81' - Fiorentina have ended it. They're running Spurs ragged in defence. It's going to take something major to turn this around. They are going to run the clock down.

84' - Sub for Fiorentina. Someone came off and was replaced by another player.

The same players that are crud every game? They are not good enough and i can name a few players who have left the club (Not mentioning superstars) who would do a better job.

Good for you. We all know that this season was about establishing a way of playing and assessing which players were suited for that. I think that we have achieved that and probably done better on the pitch than most would have expected. I do not see what the constant complaining does to improve anything.

Good for you. We all know that this season was about establishing a way of playing and assessing which players were suited for that. I think that we have achieved that and probably done better on the pitch than most would have expected. I do not see what the constant complaining does to improve anything.
I thought complaining and debating was what a fan forum was for?

Our first 11 is very very strong, but as we've been saying all season, Poch is dealing with an under-strength hand and has done wonders in a short space of time given the style of play he wants to execute.

It is a matter of continual debate whether players such as Bobby and Lamela are going to cut it. With us, I'd say Bobby most certainly not. I still think he will be a top player somewhere, but the comparisons with Torres post dippers are clear. Lamela shows great promise for me, but I would hold my hands up and say on nights like tonight he needs to start showing up and deliver more.

I think it was Pirate 55 who asked if anyone ever seriously thought we would win this trophy anyway, and truth be told, hand-on-heft, my answer would have been 'no'. As a supporter I hoped but yes, I always felt it was unlikely.

You could not have a better game to bounce back in than Sunday. COYS

Actually more :mad::mad::mad::mad:

When you're better and should have won, its mighty frustrating.

End of the day we were not good enough.

Do we need this discussion every time we lose a game? We all know that there is work to be done with the squad but singling out players and incessant complaining doesn't change anything.

But Stambouli, Fazio and Davies have been bought this season. They haven't improved us at all.they are all average at best.

We have lost the dynamism of the high press and youthful enthusiasm that saw us so effective against Chelsea, Arsnl and west Brom. We need quality additions to bring stardust to the team. We messed up big time in January.

Back