• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Everton *** 29/08/2015 - 5:30pm

Unfortunately, he is aware of TWO very vocal critics of his in the South lower. Said every time he's over there something negative is shouted in his direction not always at him but mainly so.

Remind me how our home form has been over the past season or two and you have to wonder what factors could be playing a part.

Sad. He will hopefully learn to channel them out. Or use them as direct fuel. Sometimes, our 'supporters' need to seriously consider their actions!

Unfortunately, he is aware of TWO very vocal critics of his in the South lower. Said every time he's over there something negative is shouted in his direction not always at him but mainly so.

Remind me how our home form has been over the past season or two and you have to wonder what factors could be playing a part.

Slightly worrying that players are aware of their critics in the stands. I always hoped they wouldn't be able to hear them properly given some of the content.

But if that is the case GHod knows what Walker made of the abuse directed at him by one person in lower west, where we were. It was so loud you could probably have heard it at the seven sisters tube station. Although, to be fair, while 90% critical there was the occasional shout of encouragement mixed in -and the criticism wasn't totally reserved for Walker, a range of other players also got an earful!

Last edited:
Is it just me that kept seeing through passes that could have been played, which the players didn't make? Maybe the passes would have been harder to execute than they looked but, with players with pace, N'Jie & Son, we will hopefully be looking to play these through balls regularly in future and could well profit.

Oh & my favourite non football playing part of the match..when, sat in Paxton, I shouted 'Come on you Spurs', so loudly that the woman sat next to me said that her ears were almost ringing, I shouted so loudly that Park Lane then joined in with the chorus..showing that one voice can travel! :D

shame though that for large periods, I seemed to be the only person in the Paxton stand making any noise.

I was sat Gangway 21, row 19, seat 143. I'm half thinking that it might be someone in here's seat, as I bought the ticket from Stub Hub.

Is it just me that kept seeing through passes that could have been played, which the players didn't make? Maybe the passes would have been harder to execute than they looked but, with players with pace, N'Jie & Son, we will hopefully be looking to play these through balls regularly in future and could well profit.
I think there are a number of factors involved.

We often get a better view of the overall position of players as a spectator than you do as player.

Also any particular pass is often only available for a very brief moment. So you have to see the pass, and then attempt the pass, and then do that well enough to complete the pass. Factor in the decision making process, and that some players are more risk averse than others, and are probably weighing up other factors than we are as spectators, and you begin to realise why the decisions they make are not always the ones we think they should make, or are obviously available to them.

Plus if you play football you'll know some players have better vision than others, some have better technical ability. Although everything is at higher level it is the same in the Premier. Some players just don't see the pass or the run. Some players see it, but can't make the pass. Some players, see the pass, can make it, but choose not to.

And don't forget this is all happening in seconds and split seconds. By the time I see a defence splitting pass, process the information , and neatly thread the ball through a small gap to reach a forward who is running a full speed, the ref has usually blown for full time.

It would be very interesting to talk to players about this kind of stuff.

Last edited:
Just got back after a good day and enjoyed the match. We were far the better team and the only reason we did not win is because of Howard, if we play like that for the rest of the season we will be fine. Dier was MOM and considering he has only played 4 Prem games in that position he looks like he could solve our major problem from last season.

Rose and Jan had top games as well and once we get the pace of the two new guys in we should be on our way. Mason did well for a hour then faded and I still think that he should be replaced by Alli in the position. But the squad is startring to look a lot stronger and the signs are good ( imo). Kane looks a little lost at the moment and he needs to become a little left selfish at times but it was always going to be harder for him this season as opposing players start to see his weaknesses ( and all players have them).

Nearly forgot to say we miss Eriksen and I hope he is fit soon.

Just watched the match. If we play like this every time, I'll be happy. Many chances and didn't allow anything decent for the opposition. And all this without our new signings and Eriksen. Not bad.

AND a clean sheet, to boot! We now have the 3rd best defense in the PL!

Mason is absolutely GUTTED he missed that left footed shot from about 12 yards out on the angle.

He didn't miss mate, the commentator said it was Tim Howard's best save of the day.

Sure, it could have been more a venomous strike but Alli bundled it through to him, he turned and hit it on target.

Very disappointed with this draw ! We played well and could have won by 3 or 4 goals. Everton were very poor and we should have beaten them comfortably. Instead we failed to make our chances count. It is always annoying when you play well and not win. This was another 2 points we threw away.
All these points lost will surely come back to affect us later in the season.

It has been proven yet again that we only win when Kane scores. We should have scored atleast 3 goals in this match with Kane wasting 2 chances, Mason another 2 while Chadli wasting another one. Kane is the biggest culprit, wasting the one-on-one chance with the goalie which he should have easily scored. It was unforgivable the way Kane missed that one-on-one chance. He had all the time in world to go round the goalie to score. Instead, he hesitated and hit it straight at the goalie. Remember, he scored from a similiar chance against Saudi Sportswashing Machine last season by confidently going round the goalie. It is clear, Kane is being affected by the England syndrome. Kane has not been the same player since playing for England. Remember he had scored 14 goals in 12 matches before playing for England. Since then, he has only scored 2 goals in 12 matches. Unless we buy another reliable striker who can score goals, it is going to cost us dearly if Kane doesn't find his goal scoring form soon.

Really disappointed we had no one else to look to when we badly needed to score. For all his goal scoring abilities, Chadli is siimply too inconsistent. Mason always seems to get goal scoring chances but always wastes them annoyingly. He should have scored atleast 1 of the 2 chances he had but shot straight at the goalie both times. Also, was annoyed Pochettino took so long to make substitutions. After Delli had to replace the injured Dembele, Pochettino should have bring on Carroll or Lamela to try to get us the goals. Instead he waited too long to bring on Pritchard but by then it was too late. Really disappointed Lamela didn't come on atleast for the last few mins. He may not score many goals but we should have used his ability to create goal scoring chances for others. Thought it was not wise to bring on Pritchard as he is too experienced when we badly needed a goal.

Despite the disappointing draw, was happy our defence managed to keep our first clean sheet of the season. Everton were very poor but our defence did well to stop them from making any real attempts at goal. Thought Vertonghen and Vertonghen had a good game. Walker did make a stupid mistake which allowed them a free shot at goal but Lloris did well to save it. Rose too made a few mistakes in defence but fortunately we managed to prevent Everton from scoring. Hope we will keep more clean sheets like this.

It is really disappointing that we are still winless after 4 matches this season. Hope we will buy a reliable striker who can get us the goals soon. Otherwise, we will badly need Kane to scoring again soon. Let's hope we will get our first win against Sunderland when the league resumes in 2 weeks time.

I'm glad mason feels that way, shows the right attitude IMV. But he really shouldn't dwell on it to long, he had a very good game and its another couple of steps forward in his development. Keep up the good work I say.

I hope some people who are negative in the stadium read this and realise how counterproductive their behaviour is.

Why fans feel they have the right to abuse players is beyond me. Fans pay for a ticket to watch a game. If you go to the theatre, cinema or tennis, you do not have the right to ruin other people's enjoyment or the performance itself by shouting abuse directly at the players. By all means show your displeasure by booing at half time or full time, having a demonstration before or after the game but kindly just get behind the team during the game. What do these people hope to achieve by standing up and shouting at one of their own players? Is it going to make them perform better?

Would love it for these people when they are at work and make a mistake, have one of their customers just stop and call them a c*nt.

Very disappointed with this draw ! We played well and could have won by 3 or 4 goals. Everton were very poor and we should have beaten them comfortably. Instead we failed to make our chances count. It is always annoying when you play well and not win. This was another 2 points we threw away.
All these points lost will surely come back to affect us later in the season.

It has been proven yet again that we only win when Kane scores. We should have scored atleast 3 goals in this match with Kane wasting 2 chances, Mason another 2 while Chadli wasting another one. Kane is the biggest culprit, wasting the one-on-one chance with the goalie which he should have easily scored. It was unforgivable the way Kane missed that one-on-one chance. He had all the time in world to go round the goalie to score. Instead, he hesitated and hit it straight at the goalie. Remember, he scored from a similiar chance against Saudi Sportswashing Machine last season by confidently going round the goalie. It is clear, Kane is being affected by the England syndrome. Kane has not been the same player since playing for England. Remember he had scored 14 goals in 12 matches before playing for England. Since then, he has only scored 2 goals in 12 matches. Unless we buy another reliable striker who can score goals, it is going to cost us dearly if Kane doesn't find his goal scoring form soon.

Really disappointed we had no one else to look to when we badly needed to score. For all his goal scoring abilities, Chadli is siimply too inconsistent. Mason always seems to get goal scoring chances but always wastes them annoyingly. He should have scored atleast 1 of the 2 chances he had but shot straight at the goalie both times. Also, was annoyed Pochettino took so long to make substitutions. After Delli had to replace the injured Dembele, Pochettino should have bring on Carroll or Lamela to try to get us the goals. Instead he waited too long to bring on Pritchard but by then it was too late. Really disappointed Lamela didn't come on atleast for the last few mins. He may not score many goals but we should have used his ability to create goal scoring chances for others. Thought it was not wise to bring on Pritchard as he is too experienced when we badly needed a goal.

Despite the disappointing draw, was happy our defence managed to keep our first clean sheet of the season. Everton were very poor but our defence did well to stop them from making any real attempts at goal. Thought Vertonghen and Vertonghen had a good game. Walker did make a stupid mistake which allowed them a free shot at goal but Lloris did well to save it. Rose too made a few mistakes in defence but fortunately we managed to prevent Everton from scoring. Hope we will keep more clean sheets like this.

It is really disappointing that we are still winless after 4 matches this season. Hope we will buy a reliable striker who can get us the goals soon. Otherwise, we will badly need Kane to scoring again soon. Let's hope we will get our first win against Sunderland when the league resumes in 2 weeks time.

I get the feeling you're disappointed.

Why fans feel they have the right to abuse players is beyond me. Fans pay for a ticket to watch a game. If you go to the theatre, cinema or tennis, you do not have the right to ruin other people's enjoyment or the performance itself by shouting abuse directly at the players. By all means show your displeasure by booing at half time or full time, having a demonstration before or after the game but kindly just get behind the team during the game. What do these people hope to achieve by standing up and shouting at one of their own players? Is it going to make them perform better?

Would love it for these people when they are at work and make a mistake, have one of their customers just stop and call them a c*nt.

Which is exactly what happened to me about 2 months ago...

Back