• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Everton *** 29/08/2015 - 5:30pm

We were pretty good. 20 chances makes it sound better than it was but saying that Kane and masons chances were certain goals for most players. Plus we had a few more decent ones.

A midfielder. Striker. We'll be awesome.

Finally back in the hotel room after a looooooooooong meal.

How did we not win that match? Unreal. I suppose it could have been worse, we have all seen games like that where we have 20-odd shots and dont score, and the opposition have 3 or 4 attempts a sneak a 1-0. (Stoke at home a few years back rings a bell)
Glad its not just me who thought the ref was poor, it's getting that way they are really starting to p#ss me off

A tad disappointed with Pochettino. Wasnt particularly happy with his starting X1, but understood why we did it. What upset me was how long it took him to make a change (Dembele was forced upon him). Pritchard should been on at least 10 of not 15 mins earlier

Overall, I thought we were much the better team. With more incisiveness and pace I think we can be very dangerous. We're nearly there and are certainly not woeful. The ref made some questionable decisions. Kane got mullered by Stones I think and there was no foul?

I'm just back and agree with that. Best I have seen us play this season, with some pace, we will be very dangerous. Thought Dier was immense.

I must be in the minority here, because I thought Dier had one of his poorer games at DM. He generally read the game well and screened the back four, but there were a few occasions where he got caught out on the wrong side of Barkley and a couple of times out of position. His passing at times was quite bad, there were times when he missed the chance to play the ball early and some untidy passes that slowed our play down.

Mason was good until he was placed on the right side of the midfield where he was completely nullified. He kept his discipline and held the team shape, but he offered little after that. I too think Pritchard should've been on sooner for him. Alli made more of an impression in his time on the field, he looks like he will cement a spot in the side this year imo.

Rose and Chadli are my two picks for MOTM. Rose was so good today and Chadli had Coleman all day long, just what he needed to be doing now we have competition for his position.

I must be in the minority here, because I thought Dier had one of his poorer games at DM. He generally read the game well and screened the back four, but there were a few occasions where he got caught out on the wrong side of Barkley and a couple of times out of position. His passing at times was quite bad, there were times when he missed the chance to play the ball early and some untidy passes that slowed our play down.

Mason was good until he was placed on the right side of the midfield where he was completely nullified. He kept his discipline and held the team shape, but he offered little after that. I too think Pritchard should've been on sooner for him. Alli made more of an impression in his time on the field, he looks like he will cement a spot in the side this year imo.

Rose and Chadli are my two picks for MOTM. Rose was so good today and Chadli had Coleman all day long, just what he needed to be doing now we have competition for his position.

Interesting what you say about Dier. I think Barkley is a good player and so would expect him to draw his opposition number out of position, but nothing really came of it which is probably why it hasn't stuck in the memory for me. The fact that he kept Barkley so quiet was a good sign for me.

I agree completely with the rest of what you say. We completely shut down their right side which is the side I was worried about coming into the game.

Fantastic to see Mason play a bit further forward. He is absolutely GUTTED he missed that left footed shot from about 12 yards out on the angle.

Not sure how we didn't get three points yesterday very encouraging display IMO.

Tell him we're all behind him* and hope he scores soon.

*he doesn't need to know about Grimsby!!

Unfortunately, he is aware of TWO very vocal critics of his in the South lower. Said every time he's over there something negative is shouted in his direction not always at him but mainly so.

Remind me how our home form has been over the past season or two and you have to wonder what factors could be playing a part.

Unfortunately, he is aware of TWO very vocal critics of his in the South lower. Said every time he's over there something negative is shouted in his direction not always at him but mainly so.

Remind me how our home form has been over the past season or two and you have to wonder what factors could be playing a part.

I think that's so wrong and is a shame. Surely we want all of our players to play to their best!

mason showed what erickson was lacking all this while - sprints into the box

this. Didn't get to watch but Eriksen just doesn't have this in his game, and hasn't really showed it since he's been here.

problem is, it's severely needed out of that position he's played in.

Fantastic to see Mason play a bit further forward. He is absolutely GUTTED he missed that left footed shot from about 12 yards out on the angle.

Not sure how we didn't get three points yesterday very encouraging display IMO.
Mason always seems to rush his shots when he is in a position to score. You should tell him that he needs to calm down a bit, take his time (cause he usually has more of it than he seems to think) and make sure he takes care with his finishing. It seems like he can't get rid of the ball quickly enough when he has the chance to score, and this means that he either scuffs his shot or places it too close to the keeper.

Unbeaten in 3! Get in. Ok we didn't win but we played well and Everton are a decent side.

At least in the 4 games we have played good football so patience people.

I think we know we won't get 4th this year. Let's just hope NJie and Son will add that something special. Oh and we might sign one more player in the next two days....

Why we wasting away our last two corners by taking them short? It's completely retarded to do so!

Statistically speaking teams would all be better off taking corners short and quickly. We all fall into the trap of wanting corners swung into the area but there is generally such a low % of goals scored from them that it's hardly worth it. All fans of all clubs consider that their team aren't good from corners and could score more. Just think about it.....by the time you've kept your GK and 2 defenders back as well as the corner taker you're already likely to have a 2 or 3 man disadvantage - I don't have the stats with me but I suspect across the PL only about 10% of corners end up in a shot at goal and even less in actual goals (maybe one in 20?)

Not a dig at you Stelan - I used to get really frustrated at short corners too.

Mason always seems to rush his shots when he is in a position to score. You should tell him that he needs to calm down a bit, take his time (cause he usually has more of it than he seems to think) and make sure he takes care with his finishing. It seems like he can't get rid of the ball quickly enough when he has the chance to score, and this means that he either scuffs his shot or places it too close to the keeper.

Good observation - it's as if the ball gets stuck under his feet or never totally under his control. That said I love the way that he's so prepared to make runs in front of the ball and get into those positions; that kind of movement appears so much more natural to him than to any of our other second band attackers - Dembele as the perfect example.

Now that's the difference between good and great players. I am afraid it's much too late for mason to learn about that final second of the game where decisions aren't made but the whole body responds on instinct.

But he showed us what we lack... Players making decisive runs into the box, and for that I feel has done us a favour by exposing Eriksens weakest quality.

Back