• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur vs CSKA Moscow***

Decent start indeed. Unfortunately our next opponents currently boast -
P W D L F A
10 10 0 0 30 6

As mentioned before, the match on Sunday is a real barometer on how well we are playing. I think most of the top teams are going to roll over Stoke,Sunderland and Boro. We have failed to beat the only two good PL teams we have faced so far.
Get a result Sunday and it will really set us up for another title tilt
Their opponents haven't exactly been the title contenders either though, and they've still struggled in some of them.

I watched it in a pub with no sound... i.e. no biased commentary.

I was struck by how dominant Spurs were, just relentless waves of attacks trying to bundle our way through the middle, the Russians were very good/brave at rebuffing these attempts, but we didn't stretch them out wide enough, so they stayed very compact. I.e. we missed Rose and Walker for this aspect.

They hardly had a sniff, we dominated, but it was a bit of an Ars.anal performance in that respect.

Also, the ref didn't blow for fouls on around 30 occasions when I fully expected us to get a freekick.

Geeet in and take a bow, Son!
Amazing night and great atmosphere in the stadium. The only sad moment was that we hardly heard guest sector as there were only about ~200-250 fans :\
I'm very happy that I saw Spurs win in CL alive. In fact, in 6 Spurs games which I've attended, we won 5 and lost only 1.

Really liked Nkoudou and I think Toby was immence in defence. Vert also solid. Son and Lamela linked well in attack and produced that vital goal.
I agree with previous poster, that we really missed Rose and Walker. I think the game would have been much easier if they played.
CSKA's best player was defenitely Vernbloom. He stoped so many dangerous attacks with interceptions and blocks...

Funny moment: my gf phoned me when Lamela was making his goal assist for Son's future goal and while seeing it and speaking, I forgot I'm on the stadium among CSKA fans and shouted rather loudly, celebrating our goal. Still I'm alive. And very, very happy :)

Last edited:
What impressed me in this game was the team performance rather than the result. In the EL last year we selected weaker teams and the performances were fragmented, yet in this game we showed a lot of control after a shaky start. CSKA have a lot of experience in europe and Russia is not the easiest place to go and last year I think we could have lost this type of game. Obvisously having first choice keeper and centrebacks helps in this type of game, but it must give confidence to the whole squad.

We have played 3 of the top 7 teams and 3 of the bottom 5. City have played 5 of the bottom 7 and 1 top 6 team.
Striking the difference just the one goal in each of those three games has made. Because had we drawn blanks in each, here's how the table would look right now:

City -------- 18 pts
'Poo -------- 15
Everton ---- 15
Arse -------- 13
Manure ---- 12
Palace ..... 11
Spurs ----- 10

Striking the difference just the one goal in each of those three games has made. Because had we drawn blanks in each, here's how the table would look right now:

City -------- 18 pts
'Poo -------- 15
Everton ---- 15
Arse -------- 13
Manure ---- 12
Palace ..... 11
Spurs ----- 10

But one goal can change any game especially when you can defend as well as us!!

Overall, a good performance and a superb result.

I thought we really missed the pace of Walker and Rose offensively. Nothing seemed to come off for Eriksen, Lamela, Alli or VJ. Son again looked our most likely scorer ( and so it proved ). Defense looked mainly solid apart from one or two scares. Wanny was good after a few mistakes early doors, Toby brilliant (as usual) and Lloris largely untroubled.

Takeaways : we must sharpen up our shooting ( do we practice this? - especially keeping the ball on target!) and passing in and around the penalty area. We look superb at quick tight passing in training drills and then seem to forget how to make a simple pass under little pressure during actual games.

Finally, Poch was spot on with his subs. VJ was getting no change from their monster centre halves, Gorgeous added much needed pace out wide, and Winks enabled us to reassert control in the midfield with Alli looking spent. Well done.

Geeet in and take a bow, Son!
Amazing night and great atmosphere in the stadium. The only sad moment was that we hardly heard guest sector as there were only about ~200-250 fans :\
I'm very happy that I saw Spurs win in CL alive. In fact, in 6 Spurs games which I've attended, we won 5 and lost only 1.

Really liked Nkudu and I think Toby was immence in defence. Son and Lamela linked well in attack and produced that vital goal.
I agree with previous poster, that we really missed Rose and Walker. I think the game would have been much easier if they played.
CSKA's best player was defenitely Vernblum. He stoped so many dangerous attacks with interceptions and blocks...

Funny moment: my gf phoned me when Lamela was making his goal assist for Son's future goal and while seeing it and speaking, I forgot I'm on the stadium among CSKA fans and shouted rather loudly, celebrating our goal. Still I'm alive. And very, very happy :)
Great post mate and glad you were ok. Just out of interest how did you come to support Spurs?

It was their DM - Vernbloom - @Hidden refers to him above as being their best player. Looked the same on TV - he must've blocked 10-15 shots from Alli & Son!
Yeah. He even got MotM on whoscored. And that says a lot when a defensive player (not a GK) from defeated team gets it.

Great post mate and glad you were ok. Just out of interest how did you come to support Spurs?
Ty, mate. SuperPav led me to it in 2008.
Everything was fine yesterday. At least I didn't hear about anything bad except one lost Russian spurs banner which CSKA hools beat off from lads who went to support our junior squad.

Back