• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS Chelski**********

Fergie is a Grade A cnut......anything that can possibly make signing Bale easier? I wouldnt put it past him.

Yesterday Utd were horrible, brick team selection and a team woefully under prepared. Chelbrick were given every chance to win that game

That would involve conspiring to kill Levy, because Levy wouldn't sell him to Man U if, indeed, he sells him at all...

The qunt!

Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny questions Tottenham's quality

Last Updated: May 6, 2013 1:57pm
Claim your free bet now
Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny has criticised arch-rivals Tottenham again as the race for fourth place and UEFA Champions League football reaches a crucial stage.

Spurs can push the Gunners down to fifth place by winning their game in hand against third-placed Chelsea on Wednesday - but Szczesny believes the quality of Andre Villas-Boas' squad simply isn't high enough.

The Pole, whose late save secured a 1-0 win at QPR on Saturday, told Arsenal Player: "If we win our next two games it will be enough because either Chelsea or Spurs will drop points because they play each other.

"If you look at Chelsea's fixtures, they have Tottenham and Everton left and they won't be easy games. And Tottenham do not have enough quality, so there you go...

"I would settle for another two 1-0 wins in the rest of the season and a place in the top three.

"Even if we have games like the QPR one, it might have been boring at times, but we couldn't care less at this time. We just got the three points.

"Hopefully it will be back to the old days and hopefully we will get back to winning trophies as well."

The Gunners host Wigan next Tuesday before travelling to face Saudi Sportswashing Machine in their final game of the season.

Credit

Arsenal would be joint fifth with Spurs had the Pole not denied Loic Remy with an excellent save in the dying stages of Saturday evening's London derby.

The save drew high praise from Wenger, who may have Lukasz Fabianski available for Sunday's game at Wigan, but Szczesny played down his contribution towards the win.

"I don't think it was a great save," he said.

"I am not getting too excited, it's about the team's defending.

"It's not just the two centre-backs, it's not just the goalkeeper, it's the whole team. A lot of credit has to go to (Arsenal assistant) Steve Bould for his work."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...jciech-Szczesny-questions-Tottenham-s-quality

He would have been more accurate if he had said Spurs are bottlers and will probably slip up even if they beat Chelsea. Let's be honest, he's a massive ****, but there's a reason him and Wheelchair aren't worried about finishing below us.

confidence growing with every hour now. I just think this is such a typical Tottenham game that we'll win. But then end up fudging up against Stoke or Sunderland.

Fergie is a Grade A cnut......anything that can possibly make signing Bale easier? I wouldnt put it past him.

Yesterday Utd were horrible, brick team selection and a team woefully under prepared. Chelbrick were given every chance to win that game

I considered that 'conspiracy theory' but then I came to my senses and didnt post it on here as that would be ludicrous ;) but I do see where you are coming from.

Even a CL less Bale - they cant get him for less than what they got for Ronaldo and Levy still wouldnt sell to them.

confidence growing with every hour now. I just think this is such a typical Tottenham game that we'll win. But then end up fudging up against Stoke or Sunderland.

Right now all I want is for us to have the possibility of fudging it up come Stoke, or even better Sunderland, rather than being reliant on the results of Arse and Cheatski. Just worry about one game at a time.

THE BATTLE OF STAMFORD BRIDGE: CHELSEA V SPURS TACTICAL PREVIEW

May 6, 2013 · by ashleychittock · in Features, News

Nearly a thousand years ago two sides met at Stamford Bridge. One, an established ruler of the land that’d been at the top for a while. The other, a challenger from across the channel that was commanding a fearsome and large empire itself, and whom had already seen off many powerful adversaries. That day, the home side won. But it was to be a shortlived victory for them, as just three weeks later the French arrived at Hastings and killed them off for good.

A thousand years later, the Premier League is about to display an almost identical scenario. Tottenham’s marauding run at the top four of the Premier League will come down to Wednesday’s battle at Stamford Bridge with Chelsea. And win or lose, both sides should pay heed to what a certain Frenchman and his squad are up to as well.

Make no mistake, this will be the single most challenging match Tottenham have faced in their entire 2012/13 campaign. Chelsea, despite falling short of their expectations and undergoing some managerial turmoil this year, have a better squad now than they won the Champions League with last year. Their midfield, in particular, is probably the single most impressive collection of talent in England, and Villas-Boas will have a massively hard time figuring out how to stop it.

The hardest thing to deal with when it comes to Chelsea is their ability to suddenly break from a rigid formation and rely on the raw intelligence and instincts of Lampard, Hazard, Juan Mata and Oscar. Whilst Hazard is the only player in that group who is particularly quick, Mata and Oscar have the ball control to be able to squirm their way through the tightest of defences. Most of the time the attacking triad plays with two of them sticking close to one another, and the leftover one standing further off the ball to provide a second option.

With the technical ability to play incisive and rapid passes, this midfield triangle can get behind, round or through any defence. This is where the final piece of the puzzle, Frank Lampard, comes in. He’s primarily a central midfield player, but he possesses some of the best off-the-ball intelligence in the Premier League. His ability to time a run from deep, to pick up a ball just inside the edge of the area completely unmarked, is unrivalled by any player currently in the league.

So what must Spurs do to stop all of this midfield brilliance? AVB has to be realistic in his estimations. Tottenham simply won’t be allowed to play their usual possession-seeking game. Additionally, their high-pressing defensive mindset and liberal use of attacking full-backs will quickly be decimated by the deft one-touch passing Chelsea are capable of. If Tottenham want to win at Stamford Bridge, they’ll have to get direct and dirty.

A midfield trio of Holtby, Huddlestone and Dembele (provided he’s fit) would be the best option. The three of them would have to sit much deeper than they might be used to, as keeping compact with the defence is crucial to preventing Juan Mata getting too much space to pick passes between the lines, much like Carlos Tevez was allowed to do in the first half a fortnight ago.

This strategy would rely on Dembele’s mobility and his skill at tracking back, so that he can intercept the ball before Chelsea’s midfield can position themselves. Then, he should look to play a simple pass to one of his creative midfielders, who should be as direct as possible in getting the ball either to target man Adebayor or into the corners for Bale and Lennon. As much as Gareth Bale loves playing in that central role, this isn’t the game for it.

Yes, it’s crude. Yes, it’s not the most entertaining way of winning. But at this stage of the season Tottenham must win by any cost. With Arsenal unlikely to drop any points in their remaining two games, and Chelsea putting themselves in the driver’s seat for third place with a victory at Old Trafford, a Spurs loss means Champions League football is out of their hands.

But with the right approach, and perhaps just a tiny bit of good fortune, Tottenham could do what those Vikings at Stamford Bridge couldn’t 1000 years ago and pull off a victory that changes the paradigms of history itself.

http://bit.ly/18pYvze

how's dembele and parker doing?
i'd like to see both of them battling hard in the midfield especially for this one.

Thing is, every time that **** Szczesny slags off spurs it comes right back to bite him on the arse.

A lot of people on Redcafe were suggesting the same thing last night. Then one of them realized the inevitable outcome of SAF letting Chelsea and Arse get in ahead of us: Levy would hold it against him, and sell Bale to anyone else but United.

Still ,no one listened to him, and most people on there still believe there's a chance of them getting Bale.

Those poor, silly fudgers. I wish I could make them understand that:

Firstly, Levy would rather pay someone to take Bale than let him go to United after the way they fudged us around with Berba.

Secondly, Levy would never sell him to a PL rival.

And thirdly, if we do end up out of the top four because Chelsea and Arsenal had easy games against United, it is utterly inevitable that Levy would hold a grudge the size of Jupiter, making Bale even more impossible to get.

i honestly think it will come down to highest bid and bale wanting to go. right now there are many clubs that can pay much more than man u, and triple winner bale is in much more demand than just berbatov. and i really doubt that bale would want to go to man u - not the type to thrive under the hairdryer treatment from old fergie.

i honestly think it will come down to highest bid and bale wanting to go. right now there are many clubs that can pay much more than man u, and triple winner bale is in much more demand than just berbatov. and i really doubt that bale would want to go to man u - not the type to thrive under the hairdryer treatment from old fergie.

guaranteed to fight for the PL title every year?? over 200k a week?CL football every season? adulation from billions of fans all over the world?? nah, cant see the attraction myself :)

[video]http://www.myspace.com/video/andy4spurs/tottenham-v-chelsea/6479613[/video]

always worth a post.

THE BATTLE OF STAMFORD BRIDGE: CHELSEA V SPURS TACTICAL PREVIEW

May 6, 2013 · by ashleychittock · in Features, News

Nearly a thousand years ago two sides met at Stamford Bridge. One, an established ruler of the land that’d been at the top for a while. The other, a challenger from across the channel that was commanding a fearsome and large empire itself, and whom had already seen off many powerful adversaries. That day, the home side won. But it was to be a shortlived victory for them, as just three weeks later the French arrived at Hastings and killed them off for good.

A thousand years later, the Premier League is about to display an almost identical scenario. Tottenham’s marauding run at the top four of the Premier League will come down to Wednesday’s battle at Stamford Bridge with Chelsea. And win or lose, both sides should pay heed to what a certain Frenchman and his squad are up to as well.

Make no mistake, this will be the single most challenging match Tottenham have faced in their entire 2012/13 campaign. Chelsea, despite falling short of their expectations and undergoing some managerial turmoil this year, have a better squad now than they won the Champions League with last year. Their midfield, in particular, is probably the single most impressive collection of talent in England, and Villas-Boas will have a massively hard time figuring out how to stop it.

The hardest thing to deal with when it comes to Chelsea is their ability to suddenly break from a rigid formation and rely on the raw intelligence and instincts of Lampard, Hazard, Juan Mata and Oscar. Whilst Hazard is the only player in that group who is particularly quick, Mata and Oscar have the ball control to be able to squirm their way through the tightest of defences. Most of the time the attacking triad plays with two of them sticking close to one another, and the leftover one standing further off the ball to provide a second option.

With the technical ability to play incisive and rapid passes, this midfield triangle can get behind, round or through any defence. This is where the final piece of the puzzle, Frank Lampard, comes in. He’s primarily a central midfield player, but he possesses some of the best off-the-ball intelligence in the Premier League. His ability to time a run from deep, to pick up a ball just inside the edge of the area completely unmarked, is unrivalled by any player currently in the league.So what must Spurs do to stop all of this midfield brilliance? AVB has to be realistic in his estimations. Tottenham simply won’t be allowed to play their usual possession-seeking game. Additionally, their high-pressing defensive mindset and liberal use of attacking full-backs will quickly be decimated by the deft one-touch passing Chelsea are capable of. If Tottenham want to win at Stamford Bridge, they’ll have to get direct and dirty.

A midfield trio of Holtby, Huddlestone and Dembele (provided he’s fit) would be the best option. The three of them would have to sit much deeper than they might be used to, as keeping compact with the defence is crucial to preventing Juan Mata getting too much space to pick passes between the lines, much like Carlos Tevez was allowed to do in the first half a fortnight ago.

This strategy would rely on Dembele’s mobility and his skill at tracking back, so that he can intercept the ball before Chelsea’s midfield can position themselves. Then, he should look to play a simple pass to one of his creative midfielders, who should be as direct as possible in getting the ball either to target man Adebayor or into the corners for Bale and Lennon. As much as Gareth Bale loves playing in that central role, this isn’t the game for it.

Yes, it’s crude. Yes, it’s not the most entertaining way of winning. But at this stage of the season Tottenham must win by any cost. With Arsenal unlikely to drop any points in their remaining two games, and Chelsea putting themselves in the driver’s seat for third place with a victory at Old Trafford, a Spurs loss means Champions League football is out of their hands.

But with the right approach, and perhaps just a tiny bit of good fortune, Tottenham could do what those Vikings at Stamford Bridge couldn’t 1000 years ago and pull off a victory that changes the paradigms of history itself.

http://bit.ly/18pYvze

Not really a revelatory analysis going on how we were beaten earlier at the lane. Doesn't make clear why Holtby would be better than Parker (who I think would be more suited to this game). Also at the moment Ade offers such little goal threat not sure that defoe would not be a better option in the middle. If you go on how we are playing everything says we don't have a prayer. This is Spurs so we don't get any luck or help from refs. Still can't help hoping. A draw at least a draw[-o<

Last edited:
The qunt!

Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny questions Tottenham's quality

Last Updated: May 6, 2013 1:57pm
Claim your free bet now
Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny has criticised arch-rivals Tottenham again as the race for fourth place and UEFA Champions League football reaches a crucial stage.

Spurs can push the Gunners down to fifth place by winning their game in hand against third-placed Chelsea on Wednesday - but Szczesny believes the quality of Andre Villas-Boas' squad simply isn't high enough.

The Pole, whose late save secured a 1-0 win at QPR on Saturday, told Arsenal Player: "If we win our next two games it will be enough because either Chelsea or Spurs will drop points because they play each other.

"If you look at Chelsea's fixtures, they have Tottenham and Everton left and they won't be easy games. And Tottenham do not have enough quality, so there you go...

"I would settle for another two 1-0 wins in the rest of the season and a place in the top three.

"Even if we have games like the QPR one, it might have been boring at times, but we couldn't care less at this time. We just got the three points.

"Hopefully it will be back to the old days and hopefully we will get back to winning trophies as well."

The Gunners host Wigan next Tuesday before travelling to face Saudi Sportswashing Machine in their final game of the season.

Credit

Arsenal would be joint fifth with Spurs had the Pole not denied Loic Remy with an excellent save in the dying stages of Saturday evening's London derby.

The save drew high praise from Wenger, who may have Lukasz Fabianski available for Sunday's game at Wigan, but Szczesny played down his contribution towards the win.

"I don't think it was a great save," he said.

"I am not getting too excited, it's about the team's defending.

"It's not just the two centre-backs, it's not just the goalkeeper, it's the whole team. A lot of credit has to go to (Arsenal assistant) Steve Bould for his work."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...jciech-Szczesny-questions-Tottenham-s-quality

Funny hearing that from a team that got knocked out of the FA cup by the mighty blackburn rovers and the carling cup by Bradford City and failed to beat a utd side with nothing to play for. What they have got over us is defensive resilience- they have beenmuch better at holding on to 1-0 leads.

We shot ourselves in the foot through a series of defensive errors when we played this lot at the lane. Lennon, defoe and Sig were awesome. I watched the southampton game again, while being no tactical genius, it struck me that there was often a chasm between our centre backs or between our centrebacks and fullbacks which was exploited time and time again especially with the high line. Vertonghen whilst being a wonderfully cultured player who scored important goals needs to work on his positioning imo. Cut out the defensive mistakes, based on the last game we have a chance.

You lot seem to have far more confidence than me! I just can't see how we can get anything from this game unless Bale comes up with more magic.

It all depends on our injuries cos we won't cope with their midfield otherwise.

Two things are for definite:

1. I would snap your hand off for a draw

2. I don't want adebayor anywhere near our starting line-up. He offers no movement, can't hold it up and has the touch of a rhino.

We're not playing that well but hopefully the importance of this MASSIVE game will change that. COYS!!!

What good is a draw? A draw = game over. I'f rather we went gung ho at the end and lost the draw showing some balls going for a win.

On the last day of the season we'll be two points behind the other two and people will stay be saying "a draw, a draw!"

What good is a draw? A draw = game over. I'f rather we went gung ho at the end and lost the draw showing some balls going for a win.

On the last day of the season we'll be two points behind the other two and people will stay be saying "a draw, a draw!"

I agree that we should go for the win, but it's not over if we get a draw. It's not likely to help us as we'd most likely have to win both our remaining games, but it's far from impossible.

Difference between a draw and a loss is that if we lose we'll need Arsenal to lose one of their last two games because of our inferior goal difference. If we get a draw tomorrow we would just need Arsenal to draw one of their last games if we win both. I think it's quite a bit more likely that Wigan or Saudi Sportswashing Machine manage a draw against Arsenal than them losing.

Also, with us being 3 points behind Chelsea now with the inferior goal difference, if we win our last two games we still won't catch them if they lose both their final games. If we draw tomorrow a loss and a draw or two draws for Chelsea against Villa and Everton would do it. There's at least some chance of that happening.

Back