• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Borussia Dortmund - 2nd leg

I can't stand this "competition".

What makes the CL more palatable for you then?

Avoiding the pointless round of 32 and the chance to be hammered by one of the big 3 are the only thing that differentiates them

Or is it just European football you can't stand?

What makes the CL more palatable for you then?

Avoiding the pointless round of 32 and the chance to be hammered by one of the big 3 are the only thing that differentiates them

Or is it just European football you can't stand?

Better standard of competition.

Not playing on Thursdays.

No last round of 32.

No World Cup dropouts.

More revenue generated for the club.

More exposure for the club than playing in the EL.

The prospect of attracting better players to the club.

I want to see our strongest possible team and a relentless, quick start to the game. If we nick an early goal and Dier keeps Mkhitaryan quiet then it will be game on.

COYS

Better standard of competition. Apart from the big 3, the likes of Dortmund, Fiorentina, Anderlecht and Napoli are as good as any team in the CL. Astana, BATE Bor, Tel-Aviv - you get all the glamour clubs in the CL!

Not playing on Thursdays. The only difference it makes is that fans don't drink as much on Sundays cf Saturdays, which affects the atmosphere.

No last round of 32. Agree - this is the one big flaw

No World Cup dropouts. Related to the last point - this is why there's that round

More revenue generated for the club. Mostly eaten up in extra costs (salary bonuses etc)

More exposure for the club than playing in the EL. I don't think this is the case since it has all moved to PPV. Now you don't get any casual fans watching games

The prospect of attracting better players to the club. Only the English belittle the EL. The EL is a big draw for most European players.

Borussia Dortmund ‏@BVB 17h17 hours ago
Quite a place for the beautiful game!
1f49b.png
26bd.png
1f1ec-1f1e7.png
#totbvb
CdsDM18W8AA8JfJ.jpg

Tricky for Poch this; the tie is effectively over but we need to keep momentum and stay positive (imagine how crap we'll feel if we lose 3-0 again at home?)

Hoping for a solid performance and a clean sheet. Anything else would be a bonus

I know we all use hyperbole to prove our points from time to time but you're picking out the absolute worst teams in the champions league, basically canon fodder and comparing them to the best t team in the Europa league (who are actually a champions league team) and one of the other best teams, often found in the champions league too.

And I think it's fair to say most people would say that most players would prefer to play in the champions league rather ef than the Europa.

Quick question - for membership cards is it the blue crest or the other one?
Going with a mate who hasn't been for a while and has two membership cards..

Play a weak team again, even with our strongest team it will be difficult to turn this around. We messed up in the first game. You live and learn. Next!

Better standard of competition.

Not playing on Thursdays.

No last round of 32.

No World Cup dropouts.

More revenue generated for the club.

More exposure for the club than playing in the EL.

The prospect of attracting better players to the club.

Would rather win the Europa League than 'compete' in the Champions League like Arsenal each season and never win it. Champions League should only be for the Champions anyway. Then the standard of the UEFA Cup would be considered high again, though of course it's already high and it only seems to be this country that disrespects it.

I want to see us go full strength and for a win tonight, if nothing else show the rest of Europe how we can really compete against the best.

Just bought a ticket via stubhub for £50+9 fee and got to collect from the stubhub ticket office can anyone tell me where it is?

Would rather win the Europa League than 'compete' in the Champions League like Arsenal each season and never win it. Champions League should only be for the Champions anyway. Then the standard of the UEFA Cup would be considered high again, though of course it's already high and it only seems to be this country that disrespects it.

I want to see us go full strength and for a win tonight, if nothing else show the rest of Europe how we can really compete against the best.

I can't see us winning either right now, so I would rather "compete" in the CL and attract better players than slog through the Europa and get knocked out in the last 16.

The damage is done now, it's almost pointless playing a full strength team.

Better standard of competition. Apart from the big 3, the likes of Dortmund, Fiorentina, Anderlecht and Napoli are as good as any team in the CL. Astana, BATE Bor, Tel-Aviv - you get all the glamour clubs in the CL!

Agree Dortmund. The overall quality of the CL is significantly better.

Not playing on Thursdays. The only difference it makes is that fans don't drink as much on Sundays cf Saturdays, which affects the atmosphere.

This has been discussed numerous times. The players don't like their routines being disrupted by playing on Sundays and not getting home to Friday afternoon or evening.

No last round of 32. Agree - this is the one big flaw

Agreed then.

No World Cup dropouts. Related to the last point - this is why there's that round

They should get rid of the league format. It only serves for people to keep viewing it as a mini CL.

More revenue generated for the club. Mostly eaten up in extra costs (salary bonuses etc)

So Arsenal, Chelsea and United don't benefit from the extra revenue? Don't buy it.

More exposure for the club than playing in the EL. I don't think this is the case since it has all moved to PPV. Now you don't get any casual fans watching games

In England maybe. But in general, the CL has a far more higher profile worldwide than the EL does.

The prospect of attracting better players to the club. Only the English belittle the EL. The EL is a big draw for most European players.

It may be, but players are more likely to go to a CL club, see Eden Hazard when he turned us down. I'd be willing to bet most players would pick a CL club over a similar sized club in the EL.

Last edited:
The competition for the EPL team is simple too long.
Dortmund are fifteen point or whatever clear of Berlin when I last looked....15!!

Fiorentina I bet wishes they had not had the extra games. not won in the last 3 games and now 4th.

Just bought a ticket via stubhub for £50+9 fee and got to collect from the stubhub ticket office can anyone tell me where it is?

Someone correct me, but I think it's a grey porter-cabin in a car park on the other side of the High Road opposite The Bell and Hare (now called No 8)

The competition for the EPL team is simple too long.
Dortmund are fifteen point or whatever clear of Berlin when I last looked....15!!

Fiorentina I bet wishes they had not had the extra games. not won in the last 3 games and now 4th.

Don't use facts to prove a point, we prefer reams of opinions!

Back