• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Borussia Dortmund - 2nd leg

I would.The line-up in both matches were wrong in my opinion. Poch should have decided if we were going for it or not. Neither all in or all out.

I'm not disappointed that we are out of Europe now as it means less matches, it's just that this tie told me nothing about where we are. Ultimately it was two rather pointless matches really.

Heartily disagree mate. With the greatest of respects, I don't think it matters what any of us learnt/didn't, it's what the manager and the squad learnt. I always believed that once Poch evaluated all aspects of the tie versus league position, he decided to test the squad, to see what we have, to see and illustrate what we need to the club itself. Look at the public pleasantries from Tuchel. I believe we have used the tie as a learning experience on and off the pitch. I believe Poch was absolutely right to prioritize the league too; as long as we finish in the top 3, he knows we will go into the transfer market with our strongest EVER hand. No play-off, straight into the groups = immediate access to the 2-3 player who can make the difference on Europe's highest stage. Nah, just as people questioned what he was doing with the whole 'Kaboul=skipper=not skipper' thing last season, I think this time NEXT season people will appreciate a little more what he felt had to be done in order to make sure we keep moving forwards at the rate which is necessary to re-establish as a giant.

I really don't understand the moaning / negativity along the lines of 'well, what was the point of playing all the first teamers early on to throw it away now' or 'Poch has thrown the tie with the team selection'. The difference earlier on and now is we have a serious chance of winning the league / having our best ever finish in the EPL! He's prioritised the league, pure and simple. And I'm fine with that. The league HAS to be the priority, if it's one or t'other.

I say 'I really don't understand' - actually, I do understand people have an alternative view, I just completely disagree with it.

If Poch made the call it's either / or, I'm comfortable with that. He has access to the players, the data, and has made a lot more right decisions than wrong in his tenure here, so let's forget about this chastening experience and get behind the club for the rest of the season.

COYS!

Heartily disagree mate. With the greatest of respects, I don't think it matters what any of us learnt/didn't, it's what the manager and the squad learnt. I always believed that once Poch evaluated all aspects of the tie versus league position, he decided to test the squad, to see what we have, to see and illustrate what we need to the club itself. Look at the public pleasantries from Tuchel. I believe we have used the tie as a learning experience on and off the pitch. I believe Poch was absolutely right to prioritize the league too; as long as we finish in the top 3, he knows we will go into the transfer market with our strongest EVER hand. No play-off, straight into the groups = immediate access to the 2-3 player who can make the difference on Europe's highest stage. Nah, just as people questioned what he was doing with the whole 'Kaboul=skipper=not skipper' thing last season, I think this time NEXT season people will appreciate a little more what he felt had to be done in order to make sure we keep moving forwards at the rate which is necessary to re-establish as a giant.

Right on the money. It's never nice to lose but a sense of the bigger picture (as some of us see it) makes the loss more palatable.

Wow, did anyone see Thomas Tuchel give a shout out to the club and the fans ? Absolutely remarkable, quality, a man who gives respect, get's it, in spades.

So, he says he liked Spurs when he was a kid. This is hardly surprising as he would have been 11 when we won the UEFA Cup in 1984. That made us a famous name in world football during that time. Too bad we have only won 1 FA Cup and 2 League Cups since then, both of which are no longer rated highly.

Back