• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Borussia Dortmund - 2nd leg

I disagree. Dortmund would give any team left in the Champions League a decent game and would be in with a chance of winning it if they were in it now. If we are in the group stage, then the worst that could happen is that we have to play one team of that calibre.
Cannot see us fielding such a weakened side in the CL against a team of that quality next season, regardless of where we are at in the league.

Assuming we qualify that is, still far from being a gimme btw.

Very impressive - honestly cant remember us coming up against a team so good - Madrid away we got taken to the cleaners and a couple of matches towards the end of AVBs time we were heavily outplayed but Dortmund looked quality, they had so many players in space whenever they got the ball - fair play

I think those defeats under AVB were far more to do with our dysfunction than anything the opposition did

I feel, that even at our absolute best, in both legs, Dortmund would have comfortably prevailed

Enjoyed that. Ref was horrible. Dortmund superb. Their fans unreal.
They play through our press like its a joke (our pressing was a bit all over the place), and they pressured us superbly. We always wanted an extra touch (particularly Son, who worked hard and Chadli who was simply awful tonight. We took an extra touch and they right on top of us.
Thought Alli, Alderweireld and Dier looked decent the rest off the pace. Actually Lamela was good too.

Let's go win the league!!

played quite well at times.

I must have missed that. Toothless, weak, no offensive threat at all. Son couldn't trap a bag of cement tonight and chadli - jeez what a complete wus, he is becoming Rasiak mark 2.... Almost a considerable waste of time, cash and effort, if I dare say that about a visit to the Lane :(:(:( best bit was probably the shelf versus park lane love in....

good lesson for poch too, this can only make him a better coach.
good beating by a good team; prefer losing to them rather than the others still in it.
it would have ended the same if we went to the final to meet them.

Dortmund are a good team. We can learn from them. Energy, when to press, finishing but above all positive intent. Every forward pass or movement was taken, not stupid passes either but well judged.
We were still plying damage limitation. Even Rose didn't go forward when he could have. Too many she's for us and some ridiculously ambitious passes when simple options were available.

We do need two strikers next season, Son and Chadli are not up to it. Nor is Njie.
One to give Kane a rest but can run behind the defence and for a change of tactics if we need to be more direct, not necessarily a big lump but someone who moves to attack the ball, e.g. Sakho from WHam.

I was nostalgic for Bale, Lennon, even Crouch tonight, but most for Hudd to play the ball quickly, long and switch the play to make use of the space on the opposite side when they crowded and pressed.

I can see why Spurs rebranded our badge/logo to make it plain and clear who we are.

I honestly don't know half of these, and wtf is a waxtap?

CdyGuMNXIAA-cIK.jpg

This match showed where we have to be if we want to go to the next level. Lamela acquitted himself quite well. Son is not yet there.

Feeling bitter about this defeat. Was hoping we would go all the way to win the EL. Instead, we didn't even manage to reach the quarter finals. Too bad that we had to face Dortmund in Round of 16 but we didn't do ourselves any favour by playing a weak team in both the legs. It was always going to be difficult to overcome the 3-0 loss from the first leg. But we had an excellent home record in Europe and was hoping we would save some pride by beating Dortmund in this match. But annoyingly Pochettino didn't give ourselves any chance by again resting key players. He did play a much stronger team this time but resting Eriksen, Dembele and Kane still affected us badly. We were totally outclassed in midfield and could have lost by a bigger margin. In fact, our only goal was a gift from Dortmund.

Pochettino has to take the full blame for this defeat. When we badly needed goals to overcome the 3-0 aggregate score, not sure why he would rest Kane completely. Similiarly, resting our key midfielders like Dembele and Eriksen only made it more difficult for us. Not surprisingly, we got outplayed in midfield and Dortmund could have humiliated us even more. We did have 2 chances to score but annoyingly Son wasted them both. Son did well to score late in the match but it was a total gift from the Dortmund defence. Maybe they felt very sorry to humiliate us and wanted to gift us the consolation goal ! Lamela did his best to create a goal for us but his inch perfect pass was totally wasted by Son in the first half.

Pochettino's failure to buy a striker and a defensive midfielder in January has come back to haunt us. I am sure they would have made a difference in this match, rather than the likes of Mason, Carroll and Onomah who played against Dortmund. I think this match shows you need experienced players to succeed in Europe rather than inexperienced youngsters. Was hoping Alli would inspire us but he had a poor game. Maybe playing against a big European team for the first time affected him mentally. Was annoyed to see Pochettino bringing on Carroll and Onomah in the second half despite them having a poor game in Dortmund. I am still not convinced of both and still not sure what Pochettino sees in them ! We should have atleast kept Lamela and bring on Kane especially after we scored. We should have at least tried to find the second goal to force the draw and salvage some pride !

It reflects poorly on our defence as we conceded 5 goals to Dortmund over 2 matches. Our defence was not helped by having a shyte midfield in front of them in both the matches. Thought Alderweireld did play well in both the matches but the same can't be said of the others. I think Lloris has to take some blame for both the goals this time. It was Lloris' poor kick which put our defence in trouble from which Dortmund scored their first goal. It was another stupid back pass to Lloris which started it all ! It is really annoying to see us sending those back passes to Lloris when he has one of the worst kicks in world football ! Also felt Lloris could have done better for their second goal as he managed to touch the ball but couldn't keep the shot from going in.

If we do qualify to the CL this season and move to the new stadium in 2018, this would most probably be our last Europa League match at WHL. Too bad we didn't do enough to make us remember it in a more favourable way. With us out of all the Cups, Pochettino better make sure we finish in top 2 in the league atleast ! I think anything other than a top 2 finish in the league will be considered a failure for this season !

Is he a pundit now? I forgot he'd ever existed. Was one of few bright points about the 06 World Cup played one season for United and then disappeared into thin air. If there was ever a player deserving of the name sicknote it was him. Made 9 appearances in the last 4 years of his career according to wiki.

He was very complimentary about us overall as a club; said that any young talented player coming over to the UK, we are the most attractive and the place to be.
Whilst we know that, it was good to see somebody state this on tv without a dig like that cnt savage who could only back on about " it's 68 minutes and no shots on target from Spurs".

^@Spurs7891 - I personally think you are being too harsh. We dont know how Poch and Levy view this match. For me, this was a tough game versus Dortmund. The focus is on the league. No one gave Spurs a chance for top 4 this season and looking at the remaining matches - I personally believe it will be difficult for Spurs to remain in the top 2. I dont see it as a failure. Young team - relatively inexperienced manager. It is a learning experience for the them both.

^@Spurs7891 - I personally think you are being too harsh. We dont know how Poch and Levy view this match. For me, this was a tough game versus Dortmund. The focus is on the league. No one gave Spurs a chance for top 4 this season and looking at the remaining matches - I personally believe it will be difficult for Spurs to remain in the top 2. I dont see it as a failure. Young team - relatively inexperienced manager. It is a learning experience for the them both.

Not even talking about winning the league, just finishing in top 2 ! It should be the minimum we should accept looking at how we started this season. And looking at how shyte Arsenal, ManCity and ManU have been this season, it should be a failure if we don't finish ahead of them. Remember, the brilliant Spurs team of 1987 is still considered a failure despite almost winning the league, FA Cup and League Cup but ending up winning nothing !

Not even talking about winning the league, just finishing in top 2 ! It should be the minimum we should accept looking at how we started this season. And looking at how shyte Arsenal, ManCity and ManU have been this season, it should be a failure if we don't finish ahead of them. Remember, the brilliant Spurs team of 1987 is still considered a failure despite almost winning the league, FA Cup and League Cup but ending up winning nothing !

I see your point. However when one considers the relative experience of this team, one has to lower what one considers as failure. Our belief is they should be able to win or finish second. I just dont think we should look at this season as a write-off if we fail to finish top 2. We have had far more experienced sides and they didnt even finish top 3 in the modern era.

I see your point. However when one considers the relative experience of this team, one has to lower what one considers as failure. Our belief is they should be able to win or finish second. I just dont think we should look at this season as a write-off if we fail to finish top 2. We have had far more experienced sides and they didnt even finish top 3 in the modern era.

This is where the Double winning team of 1961 has to take the blame ! They should have dominated the league and made it a habit of winning the league title. But instead for some reason they never won the league again and all the Spurs teams after that just accepted being mediocre in the league ! But this is a very strange season where all the big teams have been shyte and tiny Leicester and us suddenly emerged as title contenders. After sacrificing all the Cups to concentrate in the league, Pochettino has to prove his decisions have been worth it. We are now 2nd, just 5 points behind Leicester. After throwing away the match to Dortmund in the EL, we should atleast keep our current league position.

This is where the Double winning team of 1961 has to take the blame ! They should have dominated the league and made it a habit of winning the league title. But instead for some reason they never won the league again and all the Spurs teams after that just accepted being mediocre in the league ! But this is a very strange season where all the big teams have been shyte and tiny Leicester and us suddenly emerged as title contenders. After sacrificing all the Cups to concentrate in the league, Pochettino has to prove his decisions have been worth it. We are now 2nd, just 5 points behind Leicester. After throwing away the match to Dortmund in the EL, we should atleast keep our current league position.
Oh yeah of course, it was just a matter of deciding to win the league every season and - bingo!

Ever thought about becoming our manager?

Back