• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Borussia Dortmund - 2nd leg

Only saw highlights...I'm just glad we seemed to have come out of that match without any injuries...onwards to Bournemouth..

Only saw highlights...I'm just glad we seemed to have come out of that match without any injuries...onwards to Bournemouth..

hopefully davies is alright

i'm still furious about that, it would never have happened had the officials called the blatant offside in the build up

That is ridiculous
This is where the Double winning team of 1961 has to take the blame ! They should have dominated the league and made it a habit of winning the league title. But instead for some reason they never won the league again and all the Spurs teams after that just accepted being mediocre in the league ! But this is a very strange season where all the big teams have been shyte and tiny Leicester and us suddenly emerged as title contenders. After sacrificing all the Cups to concentrate in the league, Pochettino has to prove his decisions have been worth it. We are now 2nd, just 5 points behind Leicester. After throwing away the match to Dortmund in the EL, we should atleast keep our current league position.

That is ridiculous, the Double winning side were runners up the next year and would have done the double again if they had not lost at home to Ipswich, a defeat which Bill Nick admitted was down to him, he changed tactics in the Charity Shield for the game at Portman Road and trashed them 5-1. Within 3 years Blanchflower was forced to retire, Dave Mackay broke his leg twice and John White had died, they were the engine room of the team and impossible to replace. The decline was the failure to replace Nicholson.

Not even talking about winning the league, just finishing in top 2 ! It should be the minimum we should accept looking at how we started this season. And looking at how shyte Arsenal, ManCity and ManU have been this season, it should be a failure if we don't finish ahead of them. Remember, the brilliant Spurs team of 1987 is still considered a failure despite almost winning the league, FA Cup and League Cup but ending up winning nothing !

Disagree with this. The aim at the start of the season was top 4. Most here thought we would finish 5th/6th (look at the poll on the other thread). If we finish in the top 4 this has been a very successful season no-matter what position we were in the league in March.

We as fans need to be very careful with the power of expectation. If we finish this season disappointed and frustrated that 'should have finished at least 2nd' (even though 99% of us would have bitten your hand off for 4th at the start of the season) and then we start next season with a series of bad results, things can go downhill very quickly.

I don't want to lose the arguably best manager we've had in my lifetime because we 'should have finished at least 2nd' in a season where everyone on here would have been over the moon with 4th at the start of it.

All i can say thank ghod we played them in this round,if we got to the semis and lost to them or who ever, what a waste of a month that would be,having Europa cup in the background for that long.

Now we can put that to bed,forget about it,in two weeks time it be all be forgotten....now have a team meeting today get all the troops ready for Sunday, then have a weeks break of sorts,come back and get ready for seven cup finals then,take each game on its own forget what leicester do and go a win this fecking league and go and make history.

They should make an inspirational dvd play it before each game of the best bits of the season...showing how good we are and that we can go win this thing.

C'mon COYS.

From the locked Juande Ramos thread, seems like the most appropriate place to respond.
...Maybe we should consider having 2 managers for the league and the Cups !
I share your disappointment at the scarcity of silverware in the last 25 years, but ... has this worked anywhere else? Or been tried but failed elsewhere?

How would squad management work? The "league manager" wouldn't want to rest players ahead of a vital cup match. On the brink of being knocked out, the "cup manager" might fail to substitute a star player who was carrying a knock in the hope that he could rescue the tie, but risking making his injury more serious.

And would a high quality coach accept the job of "cup manager", only in charge for around 14-20 games per season?

Irrespective of us playing a weakened team in both games it was clear to me that Dortmund are comfortably the best side that we have played this season, they play like a better organised, faster, more skilful version of ourselves.

I hope that Pochettino uses these games to demonstrate to our players exactly how much development we still have left.

For Spurs I thought that Alderweireld, Dier, Ali, Lamela and perhaps Rose looked comfortable at that level. The rest looked a level below Dortmund, other than Son - who looked like a pub player, he seems to need 3 touches to get the ball under control and if by some miracle he still has it after doing so then he just dribbles it straight into an opposition player. I hope there isn't anybody still left on here who thinks he is an adequate back-up as our number 9? He might have some sort of future as Lamela's understudy as a number 7, I just hope we're not destroying his confidence while trying to shoehorn him in as a number 9 to allow us to give Kane a rest. Let's hope that Kane has 8 more Spurs games in him this season!

Irrespective of us playing a weakened team in both games it was clear to me that Dortmund are comfortably the best side that we have played this season, they play like a better organised, faster, more skilful version of ourselves.

I hope that Pochettino uses these games to demonstrate to our players exactly how much development we still have left.

For Spurs I thought that Alderweireld, Dier, Ali, Lamela and perhaps Rose looked comfortable at that level. The rest looked a level below Dortmund, other than Son - who looked like a pub player, he seems to need 3 touches to get the ball under control and if by some miracle he still has it after doing so then he just dribbles it straight into an opposition player. I hope there isn't anybody still left on here who thinks he is an adequate back-up as our number 9? He might have some sort of future as Lamela's understudy as a number 7, I just hope we're not destroying his confidence while trying to shoehorn him in as a number 9 to allow us to give Kane a rest. Let's hope that Kane has 8 more Spurs games in him this season!

Like this.

Is Son's poor form down to his injury or does he 'just' need another season to bed in or?

Well beaten by a far better side then us, there is no shame in that as we still have a lot of work to become a top team. Its a pity we did not give them a game over there but I hope Poch will learn from this.

Guess our trophy cabinet will remain empty for another season, maybe next year. :(

Well beaten by a far better side then us, there is no shame in that as we still have a lot of work to become a top team. Its a pity we did not give them a game over there but I hope Poch will learn from this.

Guess our trophy cabinet will remain empty for another season, maybe next year. :(

or until next month :)

FiB - Far, far to early to make these sorts of comments about Son. When he first came in, he looked a proper player and has scored some crucial goals for us. He hasn't looked the same since his injury granted, but his ceiling is much higher than some in our squad imo. It is his first season in a different league. If we had written off Lamela so soon, now wouldn't that have been just silly? Son has scored 5 in his last six appearances against BD - anyone who thinks that is "like a pub player" is not on this planet.

Back