• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT****Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham 8pm Friday 5th May

What is happening at our beloved club is organic development, which requires patience and includes sickening results like tonight.
If you look at our league position over the past 30 years the progress is tangible.
We are building a squad that is evolving and improving.
We have a relatively young head coach who has not won titles all over the place.
We are building a supreme new stadium and have one of the best training centers in the world.
We have to hope that we get stronger and better in the off season.
We have to trust that Poch and his staff will learn from these disappointments and work out how to avoid them.
And while it seems a Spurs-y thing to have to leave The Lane on this run I feel that the Wembley Year will help us settle at The Naming Rights Stadium as soon as we kick off.

COYS!!!!!!!

Have to say that was the worst performance from Toby that I've seen. Not just his ding donging about when Hugo saved him, he was all over the place all night.

Not that any of our players, Hugo aside, had a good game.
Yes, why did he just not mark Lanzini for their goal, he was a yard away from him as the ball was pinging around at the back post?
I never understand why defenders go on the line, at this level even with two defenders on the line the striker will still tend to score.

He did the same last year about this time, we shouldn't forget in the Walker rumours there have been some rumours about Alde not being happy too.

Playing Dier and Wanyama, was probably OK, as they did well against Arsenal. However, once it became apppparent that WHam weren't coming out, unlike Arsenal, then we did need to replace Wanyama or Dier with Dembele. Unfortunately, Poch has his favourites, Wanyama, Dier are two and Adeweireld is third. So he takes off Verts.
We just needed Plan A, with Dier and Dembele.
The other thing was in a 4 man defence, the full backs need to be a bit deeper to stop the easy ball behind them. Our full backs were too far forward.

But the main difference between us and Chelsea is that they have more dribblers: Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Moses. This gives them the game changers we don't have. To break WHam down we needed to have someone beat their man, the only person who did was Dembele, we should have brought on GKN, instead of resorting to the up-and-under, against their big guys.

Surely Poch saw we beat Arsenal without even playing well. Even a midfield of Onomah and Luke Amos would have done enough against the limp Arsenal midfield. Wanyama started bursting forward confidently once we were 2-0 up and looked great.

It just looked so like the horrible midfield performances the two had together in the first 3 games of the season. Why would he expect anything different? I have no idea why it took him so long to change things. Everyone saw what needed to be done.

Unfortunately it looks like Poch is still learning.

What is happening at our beloved club is organic development, which requires patience and includes sickening results like tonight.
If you look at our league position over the past 30 years the progress is tangible.
We are building a squad that is evolving and improving.
We have a relatively young head coach who has not won titles all over the place.
We are building a supreme new stadium and have one of the best training centers in the world.
We have to hope that we get stronger and better in the off season.
We have to trust that Poch and his staff will learn from these disappointments and work out how to avoid them.
And while it seems a Spurs-y thing to have to leave The Lane on this run I feel that the Wembley Year will help us settle at The Naming Rights Stadium as soon as we kick off.

COYS!!!!!!!

It's very spursey that of all times to move we move now when we are so close. One quality players and a few squad players and we could have had a big opportunity for the league next season. Makes u laugh really.

they'll all fudging love the place now

brady will open a new lounge, spanners bar or something, from when they threw one in the works

maybe it will be next to Pickles, or whatever they call the world cup win one

A result like tonight just papers over the cracks. Their fans will always hate that stadium and no matter whether or not they win their cup finals against us, they will still hate their home ground. Just imagine hating your home ground.... how awful must that be.

A result like tonight just papers over the cracks. Their fans will always hate that stadium and no matter whether or not they win their cup finals against us, they will still hate their home ground. Just imagine hating your home ground.... how awful must that be.

It has carpets over the running track

Some fan favourite of theirs is gonna hurt himself badly on that and it will be hilarious

It's very spursey that of all times to move we move now when we are so close. One quality players and a few squad players and we could have had a big opportunity for the league next season. Makes u laugh really.

The counter argument to that would be that we're only as close as we are because of our home form (our away form is nothing special), and that home form wouldn't be there if the players didn't feel like WHL was about to knocked down. One-off, in other words.

Very tough to know eh? I agree...it seems like we've alway carried at least three injuries all season...

The physio staff have a difficult job, no doubt, but we could really do with fewer injuries next season, and I hope there are some quiet words said to that effect in the close-season. Okay, freak injuries and the like are acceptable, but a six-week layoff ideally shouldn't turn into double that.

It has carpets over the running track

Some fan favourite of theirs is gonna hurt himself badly on that and it will be hilarious

Kouyate nearly did - was sent flying by (I think) Davies, and caught his foot under one of the carpets as he went down. A bit more velocity and that could have been a serious injury.

What a lovely stadium. :p

Surely Poch saw we beat Arsenal without even playing well. Even a midfield of Onomah and Luke Amos would have done enough against the limp Arsenal midfield. Wanyama started bursting forward confidently once we were 2-0 up and looked great.

It just looked so like the horrible midfield performances the two had together in the first 3 games of the season. Why would he expect anything different? I have no idea why it took him so long to change things. Everyone saw what needed to be done.

Unfortunately it looks like Poch is still learning.
Eh? Did you watch the Arsenal game? we were magnificent. Sure Arsenal are no great shakes at the moment but it was still a derby and they are not that bad. Poch made a rick for sure with his tactics tonight but there is no need use hyperbole to make your point

Eh? Did you watch the Arsenal game? we were magnificent. Sure Arsenal are no great shakes at the moment but it was still a derby and they are not that bad. Poch made a rick for sure with his tactics tonight but there is no need use hyperbole to make your point

I just think we have an issue in that players like Victor have been gray but are (IMO) not needed against a team that just sets up to counter and defend. We can play wanyama and Dier or Erisken in there and have even more attacking impetus

Next season if we add another centre back that we will play then it brings that in as an option with 3 at the back

And don't forget we needed winks to change the game at the Lane for us

true

he didn't have his usual zip getting back in though, the joy they were getting down our right early on can only have helped their confidence
I thought Walker was one of our better players.
He wasn't able to get back because he was running the length of the pitch to provide our width and was a bit too far forward. It then falls on the wide mid of more importantly the RDM to cover him. But neither Dier nor Wanyama did, actually I couldn't tell who the RDM was, it seems they got confused. Add to that Alde's indecision and lack of zip we were always looking susceptible.

I just think we have an issue in that players like Victor have been gray but are (IMO) not needed against a team that just sets up to counter and defend. We can play wanyama and Dier or Erisken in there and have even more attacking impetus

Next season if we add another centre back that we will play then it brings that in as an option with 3 at the back

And don't forget we needed winks to change the game at the Lane for us
It was Son who changed the game at the Lane rather than winks. He gave us width up the pitch. I think a lot of our problems today came because the ball was often played behind Walker. We needed Sissoko on like we had against zaha and Palace. Had we dealt with the right side well we would have won. Surprised Poch didn't change it up.

Tonight, was all about starting the game aggressively, doing things quick, our players taking on their players in the one on one situations but instead, we got a ponderous timid passing game.

To many of our players with meh performances.

Back