• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT****Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham 8pm Friday 5th May

Looking back I think we got it wrong tactically. I actually think we have done quite a few times against west ham in recent years. Their incredibly deep back line handled our attack easily and we found ourselves exposed defensively. I think we were too gung ho. 3 at the back and Mousa in the middle with Son off the bench would have done the trick in my mind but how can I even possibly criticise Poch and this beautiful football side.

I am so gutted tonight. But incredibly proud. We need to ensure that the players know it.

All about the last game at the Lane now. Let's give the old girl the send off she deserves.

They might have been over confident, I probably was guilty of that as well. Can't believe that that was the same team that spanked Arse.

fair

the bigger issue was that we were not on our game, else they wouldn't have had the ball to be putting it in our channels
Yeah hardly any player played that well really, and Poch didn't score too highly either.
fudge it. At least those clams are playing in a GHod awful stadium they all hate. When the rosy glow of this win fades they'll still be a two-bob club in a rented athletics stadium.

Last edited:
Surprised Poch didn't change walker's side more quickly as he did against Palace. When Wham are running behind our advanced full backs the answer surely was to keep the full backs back and give us width higher up the pitch. Against Palace he bought on Sissoko on our right side and it worked. Bringing on Janssen was a waste of a sub because it meant we play the ball long for him to hold up which is his strength except that the 3 Wham centre back were easily mopping up the long balls. A rare off day from Poch imo.

Yeah hardly any player played that well really, and Poch didn't score too highly either.
fudge it. At least those clams are playing in a GHod awful stadium they all hate. When the rosy glow of this win fades they'll still be a two-bob club in a rented athletic stadium.

My one abiding regret from this result is that we couldn't make them feel even more despairing about that place. Now this win will likely give a glow of familiarity to the uranium bowl it probably doesn't deserve.

I'm just thankful that we're getting all our hoodoos out of the way prior to our move into the new gaff, because you just *know* that we wouldn't get that sort of luck.

I just think from what we know of Poch, he wouldn't be taking anything for granted.

Some things about this game though are beyond my comprehension of football. I'm surprised we played Walker given we ended up taking him off - we would never take Rose off for example so clearly something odd is going on there. I'm surprised that Poch talked about being tactically flexible in game after the Arsenal match but today didn't seem like he wanted to make any changes.

I completely trust him, I just don't understand. It was almost like he suspected something like this would happen tonight.

Remember too that Poch is learning. I will speculate a bit here, and beg forgiveness from cynics for doing so. He has not outed Kyle in public, instead trying to keep the focus on important matters like our final games.
I think he perhaps felt that by showing loyalty to Walker, and keeping faith in the rotation, that it would show the player there is still a clear pathway back AND that he had the head and heart to still perform at his best. I don't doubt Kyle gave it his best effort tonight, but he was clearly not himself and not fully engaged. I am not sure if it was just me, but it seemed as though first-half he wasn't being used nearly as much as an option by team-mates (which I found strange). Toby has also had the media speculation over his head, and he also did not have his finest hour.

I am certainly focussing on these two because I think they symbolize the final stage of our development. We need, as a club, to be able to weather whatever flimflam is thrown at us. I have even seen Poch become increasingly clip about it all, and he looked nervous and uncertain at times tonight. I remember when the Costa stuff was going on at Chelski, Conte would either flat-out lie or simply not address. Poch got a bit emotional recently. I love love LOVE him, but he is also still learning - and he will. He will blame himself for tonight. We know that.

What we need to remember is that had we not won 10 games in a row, the title would've been done in early March. So anyone who says we 'bottled it' can go and feck off. We till don't have our first-choice 11 fit!

COYS!

I do feel physically sick after that result. ( Nothing to do with a few beers and a bottle of wine I'm sure).
So, so, so disappointing. Because we all know we are good enough to have played them off the park. I wasn't expecting a walkover by any means but I believed we would win and I'm struggling to understand how we couldn't find a way through. They weren't good but they were effective.
I am also fed up of hearing how we have lost the title race - it has never been ours to lose. But commentary-history will have us as losers. And that hurts because it is blatantly not true of this team.
In reality the likelihood of going unbeaten until the end of the season was always remote. If I'm honest it is not losing per se that hurts, it is losing to this opposition that hurts in particular because i know the rubbish and gloating I will now have to endure and because it just feeds their sense of joy and importance at getting one over us. That both hurts and irks.

But regardless of tonight, I feel an immense pride in this team and what has been achieved this season. We can and should hold our heads up high as there are not many fans who can feel the same level of pride in their team's achievements. I wish we didn't have to wait for over a week to sing them our praises for a final (home) time.
Hopefully they can pick themselves up from tonight and finish with the flourish they deserve.

they'll all fudging love the place now

brady will open a new lounge, spanners bar or something, from when they threw one in the works

maybe it will be next to Pickles, or whatever they call the world cup win one

We till don't have our first-choice 11 fit!

My opinion of the medical team has plummeted this season, to be honest. They did a good job with Harry, and Toby got back more or less on schedule, but Lamela's injury has been a disaster, and Rose has been out for three months when the original prognosis was more like six weeks (iirc).

My one abiding regret from this result is that we couldn't make them feel even more despairing about that place. Now this win will likely give a glow of familiarity to the uranium bowl it probably doesn't deserve.

I'm just thankful that we're getting all our hoodoos out of the way prior to our move into the new gaff, because you just *know* that we wouldn't get that sort of luck.
Nah. This is just last rush of the morphine kicking in while the tossers lie dying on the beachhead. The Olympic Stadium will be the rope around their neck slowly strangling them for the next decade.

My opinion of the medical team has plummeted this season, to be honest. They did a good job with Harry, and Toby got back more or less on schedule, but Lamela's injury has been a disaster, and Rose has been out for three months when the original prognosis was more like six weeks (iirc).

Very tough to know eh? I agree...it seems like we've alway carried at least three injuries all season...

Oh, and we didn't lose the title today. We had a quite poor start to the season. Ever since December we've been phenomenal. Had someone told me in November we'd be in the title race come April, I wouldn't believe them.

Agreed I went to the executive away game to Chelsea this season and they arranged Graham Roberts for the Q and A session and he blamed our slow start to the season on European championship which I thought was interesting

A lot of emphasis is going to be put on how we lost the league as a result of losing tonight but I feel if we had a better start to the season we would be where Chelsea are and Chelsea would be four points behind us

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back