• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v Watford***

Fair enough mate. It was an illustration of the fact we have had NO luck, have created what little we've had and are due some. Will we do a Chelski and take the biggest pot of all whilst going to pot in the Prem? Pass MORE of those happy-clappion' pills nurse!!! ;)
Don’t listen to me, keep up what you’re doing I love it....

HT 1-1 61% possession and only 2 shots on target. Therein lies the essence of our problem this season .

If we look at the expectations thread from the beginning of the season, many of said this was the likely scenario for Spurs this season.

From 3rd to 6th was always going to be the most likely outcome.
The champions league has been wonderful for us, which I wasn't expected.

Was meaning to check that thread myself

Fair enough, appreciate being corrected on this.
It is galling that 86pts would’ve been enough to win the title the previous season against Leicester but that tally would’ve seen us fall short in 12 of the last 14 seasons.

Hopefully when we’ve settled in the new stadium, Pochettino can get us up to that 90pt barrier which no team has ever failed to win the Premiership with!

I would rather us finish 7th and not in europa league places, or even funnier finish in them but decline to take part.

Love Poch but think he should be clever and sell rose and bring through young players, we did not need to sign Aurier when walker went because we have walker-peters. That money could have been put to players wages of pay off the increasing stadium debt.

If we do sell any players for big money we should put half to the stadium and reinvest half in the playing squad, we make our best signings when we have to be careful with our money.

This is getting unbelievable ! We are now winless in 4 league matches. Never thought we would drop points against Watford. This is the first time in 8 matches that we have failed to beat Watford since 2006. We were even fortunate to get away with 1 point against Watford as we had to play with 10 men and they also hit the post and could have get a late penalty. Not sure how we turned from being title challengers into out of sorts in a matter of few weeks. Our goals have dried up and we don't look like winning any matches now. Nothing seem to be working for us at the moment. We are starting and finishing matches very poorly now.

Credit to Son for scoring and Eriksen for assisting our only goal. Thought we would go on to win after that goal but we didn't lift our game, not helped by the red card to Sanchez in the second half. We just cannot seem to score more than 1 goal nowadays. We needed Kane to inspire us with his goals but he didn't look like scoring. Kane has not been at his best form since returning from injury. He had a chance to score in the first half after a good cross by Trippier but he was too slow to react. Wish Alli, Eriksen or Lamela had come up with our winning goal late in the match.

Our midfield were again poor without Wanyama. Dembele was still not at his best. Nice to see Winks coming back but he didn't have much impact. I think we should have started with Lamela instead of Alli or Eriksen who were poor again. Lamela should have at least come much earlier at the start of the second half. You cannot expect Lamela to rescue us in 15 mins everytime. Eriksen had his first assist since the start of the season but still has only 3 assists compared to 4 assists by Trippier. The fact a defender like Trippier still has the most assists for us only shows how poor our midfielders like Eriksen have been this season. Thought Sissoko did well after coming on but he again lacked the finishing touches to make the difference for us.

Our defence cannot seem to stop conceding goals ever since Alderweireld got injured. It was annoying to concede another early goal. Our defence went to sleep for the goal as the Watford player had a free header. It was really stupid of Sanchez to get the red card like that in midfield. There was no need to go into the tackle like that in midfield. It badly affected our chance to win this match. Dier again proved that he is not very reliable in defence as he almost give away the penalty in the last minute. Fortunately for us, the ref didn't give the penalty to Watford despite Dier appearing to handle the ball. With Dier making this kind of mistakes, not sure how we are going to cope without Alderweireld and Sanchez for the coming matches.

We have simply dropped too many points to bottom teams like Burnley, Swansea, WBA, Leicester and now Watford this season. No doubt all these dropped points will come back to affect us later in the season. Unless Pochettino do something to improve us immediately, it is going to be really ugly when we play ManCity away in 2 weeks time.

Showed some fight and spirit and hopefully Atkinson’s awful performance and Watford’s brutal approach will galvanize the squad and we can kick on.
My thoughts too. This might be the kind of game that snaps us out of our apparent recent complacency. A little siege mentality won't hurt.

Last edited:
the biggest problem is does Poch know why its going wrong ?
if he does know why, then at least he can try different things to put it right

Think Kane is looking a little worn down and games like yesterday won't help. Watford were brutal at every opportunity, and the ref did eff all to put the brakes on it.

Think a few could do with 3/4 days in the sun.

This is getting unbelievable ! We are now winless in 4 league matches. Never thought we would drop points against Watford. This is the first time in 8 matches that we have failed to beat Watford since 2006. We were even fortunate to get away with 1 point against Watford as we had to play with 10 men and they also hit the post and could have get a late penalty. Not sure how we turned from being title challengers into out of sorts in a matter of few weeks. Our goals have dried up and we don't look like winning any matches now. Nothing seem to be working for us at the moment. We are starting and finishing matches very poorly now.

Do people really think we were ever title challengers? Maybe if they hear it enough in the media they believe it.

We've struggled at 'home' in the league all season apart from the Liverpool game and we're playing half a season at a neutral venue.

Anything from 4th upwards is a success this season. I would say that turned out to be a good point yesterday. If we can go on from there and beat Stoke and Brighton at 'home' then we are back on course for that.

Do people really think we were ever title challengers? Maybe if they hear it enough in the media they believe it.

We've struggled at 'home' in the league all season apart from the Liverpool game and we're playing half a season at a neutral venue.

Anything from 4th upwards is a success this season. I would say that turned out to be a good point yesterday. If we can go on from there and beat Stoke and Brighton at 'home' then we are back on course for that.

Challengers yes, likely winners not a chance
City will win by double digit points
The press are desperate for united to do something as no one will get beat otherwise and it leaves the press to focus on the lesser sides on a relegation battle ... it doesn’t sell papers

Think Kane is looking a little worn down and games like yesterday won't help. Watford were brutal at every opportunity, and the ref did eff all to put the brakes on it.

Think a few could do with 3/4 days in the sun.

I was impressed he walked off the pitch

That felt like a modern day assault akin to the bukgaria team and their assassination attempt on pele

I'd love decisions and points but my personality (such as it is) detests the win-at-any-cost approach as demonstrated by Fergie and Whinger. For the same reasons I dislike Mourinho, who wins lots of silverware and is, in my opinion, an odious toad.

It's part of football. So many small margins that can make the difference. Any edge needs to be used

In a way a pleasing result as it may lead to a more realistic view by some fans who think we will every game by 3 or 4 and want to throw thier toys out of the pram. Anyone who believed we could do well in the CL and the league whilst losing the comfort factor of WHL would be as delusional as the Liverpool fans that get regularly ridiculded. When can we expect Poch as taken us as far as he can mob?

Back