• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v Watford***

Poch interview:
Pleased w performance
Won’t talk about decision, but 3rd time in a row he has been asked about refs.

Won’t be drawn on lack of protection from refs for Kane. Says when he is asked that question it’s because of how Kane is being treated on the pitch.

Pleased w effort and performance and bravery, esp after going down to 10 men.

Still a young team and still learning.

All true

He needs to say how he feels about the refs. Might make them think twice about giving us bad decisions.

Fergie used to scare refs,it was no wonder they got lots of decisions

All true

He needs to say how he feels about the refs. Might make them think twice about giving us bad decisions.

Fergie used to scare refs,it was no wonder they got lots of decisions

Exactly, I concur...

and so did whingie whenger...
......still does.

If the team has to be tough the manager has to be also! Lead by example Poch...with a passion!

Exactly, I concur...

and so did whingie whenger...
......still does.

If the team has to be tough the manager has to be also! Lead by example Poch...with a passion!
He is subtly making the point that the refs are performing poorly in our games by mentioning these are the questions he is being given. I'm glad he's not like a Fergie or a Whinger - because a lot of their public pronouncements are/were awful.

yep, we got shafted with decisions when they were kicking lumps out of our players. I have to see the sanchez decision again, but atkinson doesn't have our ability to call a vid in game for review - dang, who will go in the center of back three or partner verts in a back four ? Foyth ?? ummm, don't think so

It will be a straight 4 without any choices now, Dier and Verts at CB...you’d not throw Foyth into this right now. CL game for him? Yup.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Given the sending off it’s definitely a gutsy performance. A late goal for us would’ve been massive. Top four is going to be really tough this year; Liverpool are scoring for fun now.

I still think we will finish top 4. Liverpool are one injury from disaster, Chelski can be caught, the Goons are the goons. Plenty of points left to play for...Manchester is out of sight, that much is for sure...

Agreed on the youth bit. Some of our squad are now in the prime of their careers, some are even inching past that. Giggs, Scholes, Beckham et al were winning nearly everything when they were younger than some of our current crop.

One thing to remember...has any team finished second with the points total we had last season?

A few points after that match:

- We actually started with great intensity and will to get at them, we were very aggressive from the go
- Kane should've had a pen after 5 mins from that Trippier cross, clearly fouled
- Kane was shoved off the ball and should've had a freekick before Watford counter attacked and got the corner leading to the goal
- Bar the last few minutes, we played very well with 10 men, and created quite a few decent opportunities
- Watford's Docoure and Zellwegger or whatever the hell he is called should both have been sent off
- The ref was a disgrace, called so many wrong decisions (I personally didn't think there was enough swing/intent in the socalled elbow to warrant a red, but I realize I'm biased)
- Dembele looked really good when he played a little higher up the pitch than he has been lately, obviously his best position
- Despite very limited contribution, it's very nice to see Lamela's high press on the pitch again, he was our dynamo in that department before he got injured

I'm disappointed we didn't win, but under the circumstances, a point isn't too bad. Rest the lot against Apoel now, and we'll be ready for whoever is next.

One thing to remember...has any team finished second with the points total we had last season?

I must reinforce I love your positivity but....that sort of comment is why we get laughed at. All the big boys win things, even Arsenal still do - talking about how many points accumulated whilst coming second, or talking about how we’d be top of the league if the season had been played over two seasons etc Yes it shows how much we had progressed, but when all is said and done nobody really cares....

A few points after that match:

- We actually started with great intensity and will to get at them, we were very aggressive from the go
- Kane should've had a pen after 5 mins from that Trippier cross, clearly fouled
- Kane was shoved off the ball and should've had a freekick before Watford counter attacked and got the corner leading to the goal
- Bar the last few minutes, we played very well with 10 men, and created quite a few decent opportunities
- Watford's Docoure and Zellwegger or whatever the hell he is called should both have been sent off
- The ref was a disgrace, called so many wrong decisions (I personally didn't think there was enough swing/intent in the socalled elbow to warrant a red, but I realize I'm biased)
- Dembele looked really good when he played a little higher up the pitch than he has been lately, obviously his best position
- Despite very limited contribution, it's very nice to see Lamela's high press on the pitch again, he was our dynamo in that department before he got injured

I'm disappointed we didn't win, but under the circumstances, a point isn't too bad. Rest the lot against Apoel now, and we'll be ready for whoever is next.
Dier was also shoved after the Kane foul that lead to Watford getting the corner from which they scored.
We need to work on how we defend corners and set pieces close to our box.

He is subtly making the point that the refs are performing poorly in our games by mentioning these are the questions he is being given. I'm glad he's not like a Fergie or a Whinger - because a lot of their public pronouncements are/were awful.

It is an age-old argument. I agree, class is everything BUT sometimes you have to play the ‘game’ and I believe we need to be louder.

I think that’s part of the problem, so close and a couple of decent incomings and we could have pushed on. We didn’t and we haven’t.

Sanchez is fine, but Serge is 50/50 and llorente is a flop so far.

Hold on... we’re playing the whole season away from home don’t forget

Gets them decisions and also points. Why would you not want that ?

Reactions: DTA
Gets them decisions and also points. Why would you not want that ?
I'd love decisions and points but my personality (such as it is) detests the win-at-any-cost approach as demonstrated by Fergie and Whinger. For the same reasons I dislike Mourinho, who wins lots of silverware and is, in my opinion, an odious toad.

Oh Well.
It wasn't to be our day.
- Something is not quite right with this team.
- Where are the quick passes and moves forward.
- We miss goal scoring opportunities that we would have buried last season.
- I hope that apart from releasing his book, Poch is not feeding the payers with
Argentinian BBQ, which BTW is probably the best in the world but not good for players.
- We really miss Toby and Wanyama.
- It was a good game to watch, and Watford are a very good side.
- All things considered, a draw was probably a fair result.

COYS

Mmm yes I understand. We do not want Poch to be over the Top but I think he needs to make it understood that the
Refereeing needs to have an equal balance of fair judgement.
It's not an easy one and fans do put referees under pressure.

I must reinforce I love your positivity but....that sort of comment is why we get laughed at. All the big boys win things, even Arsenal still do - talking about how many points accumulated whilst coming second, or talking about how we’d be top of the league if the season had been played over two seasons etc Yes it shows how much we had progressed, but when all is said and done nobody really cares....

Fair enough mate. It was an illustration of the fact we have had NO luck, have created what little we've had and are due some. Will we do a Chelski and take the biggest pot of all whilst going to pot in the Prem? Pass MORE of those happy-clappion' pills nurse!!! ;)

Back