• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v Watford***

No but I think we need to see what happens over a longer period than 4 matches before hitting the panic button.
It's not 4 games. We've been good in 6-7 games so far this season, less than a third of the games. The rest have been underwhelming to say the least, coupled with some really shockingly bad games.

Yes, we have been tearing it up. Tearing up the Tottenham rule book since Poch took over. Is this the slack you give him.

Give me the great alternative plan, I will promise to listen.
This has nothing to do with my trust in the coach. But the team is not functioning as expected. That's a fact. The causes for that are many and complicated, but one cannot deny that in some games the players have appeared to not give 100%.

This has nothing to do with my trust in the coach. But the team is not functioning as expected. That's a fact. The causes for that are many and complicated, but one cannot deny that in some games the players have appeared to not give 400%.
Are you saying they've downed tools? And is this to do with the manager?

BTW....I don't agree with your opinion

Are you saying they've downed tools? And is this to do with the manager?

BTW....I don't agree with your opinion
I don't know what you mean by downed tools. I don't think it's the manager. We've had injuries, players badly out of form, and as a team I think we have not put in the effort required, apart from in the CL. The Arsenal game was particularly peculiar, as the players looked like they were confident we are so much better than Arsenal, that we could just walk our way to a win. It has looked like a lot of the players have been overly confident about their ability. Hopefully they have woken up to the reality now. We will have a good run, but we have thrown away a lot of unnecessary points already.

I don't know what you mean by downed tools. I don't think it's the manager. We've had injuries, players badly out of form, and as a team I think we have not put in the effort required, apart from in the CL. The Arsenal game was particularly peculiar, as the players looked like they were confident we are so much better than Arsenal, that we could just walk our way to a win. It has looked like a lot of the players have been overly confident about their ability. Hopefully they have woken up to the reality now. We will have a good run, but we have thrown away a lot of unnecessary points already.
Downed tools = not putting the effort in.

The reason I asked is usually not putting the effort in, is usually a no no for Poch.

Not quite sure where you're coming from as you flatly say 'its like 2007 and we're brick again' and then in your last post offer a few reasons I agree with.

We had a very similar 'dull' period last season (coincidentally when Toby was injured), lost our mojo and flow. It came back. We are very well coached and are very much in all games that we play.

I would never say the players are not putting the effort in and do not for one moment think they're over confident (except perhaps Alli), if they were it goes against everything Poch asks of them.

Downed tools = not putting the effort in.

The reason I asked is usually not putting the effort in, is usually a no no for Poch.

Not quite sure where you're coming from as you flatly say 'its like 2007 and we're brick again' and then in your last post offer a few reasons I agree with.

We had a very similar 'dull' period last season (coincidentally when Toby was injured), lost our mojo and flow. It came back. We are very well coached and are very much in all games that we play.

I would never say the players are not putting the effort in and do not for one moment think they're over confident (except perhaps Alli), if they were it goes against everything Poch asks of them.
I think the team were caught on the hop a bit against Arse and from there, what with injuries and a loss of form and confidence, started to lose their way a bit.

Happens to all teams from time to time - United, Chelsea, Arse, Pool and City have all had their turns, now it seems it's ours.

It's possibly Poch's biggest challenge since clearing out the deadwood the season after his arrival but we should surely know by now that he will face it full on and deal with it.

It may take a while but I fully expect us to come through it, hopefully stronger than ever.

Given the poor run of results, and injuries, and the kicking we got from Watford with no protection from Cnutkinson, then going down to 10 men I think the lads did well to not lose and to continue to attack and threaten Watford. They can take some pride in not crumbling and with some injury and ref luck we will kick on.

Back