• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Southampton ***

I wasn't impressed with Son down the middle up front. It is really not his position. My worry is that when we play him there we lose his goal threat from when he plays wider down the channels. That would put a lot of pressure on Dele and Eriksen to get goals.

We didn't create that many chances today, and I think this will be the challenge over the next few games. Burnley will be a battle up front, which doesn't suit Son. Swansea will be a bit more open, hopefully. I would start Janssen against Burnley and bring Son on when their defence has been worn down a bit.

Shane Long made all the difference. Joke all you want about his offsides. Last season in May he ran in behind all game causing Alderweireld and Vertonghen all sorts of problems. We had to drop deeper and deeper to defend against the fastest player in the Premier League. He disrupted our normal high line.

And it was the same when he came on today. Alderweireld and Vertonghen were suddenly nervous. And he forced us to start sitting deep again.

It really didn't help that we had no out ball. Janssen for Son should have been a much earlier sub.

I'm sorry but Son isn't a forward, he might score when he gets the space but he offers no physical presence, and he hasn't the in box intelligence or anticipation that a real striker has.

At least Janssen did a job physically when he came on.

I think we might be better off using Alli as a striker until Kane comes back. Son hasn't a chance against how Burnley defend at home.

People slating Lloris for his kicking today, but ffs, half of the back passes to him were fudging terrible, bouncing knee high and inside the posts, and others when he was already under pressure!

Thanks for the heads up, first time I used this site today and miles better than my usual ones!

My provider is BT, I have noticed lately that acest.ream links are less reliable than they used to be -- I think they are phucking with them at my end, somehow. But now there are some flash links that are just as good quality (not cack like they used to be).

s.o.c.c.e.r.s.t.r.e.a.m.s (dot) net

the 'verified' links have been really good for me.

As for the game, team picks itself. 4-0 win, Son with a double.

Shane Long made all the difference. Joke all you want about his offsides. Last season in May he ran in behind all game causing Alderweireld and Vertonghen all sorts of problems. We had to drop deeper and deeper to defend against the fastest player in the Premier League. He disrupted our normal high line.

And it was the same when he came on today. Alderweireld and Vertonghen were suddenly nervous. And he forced us to start sitting deep again.

It really didn't help that we had no out ball. Janssen for Son should have been a much earlier sub.

I'm sorry but Son isn't a forward, he might score when he gets the space but he offers no physical presence, and he hasn't the in box intelligence or anticipation that a real striker has.

I think we might be better off using Alli as a striker until Kane comes back. Son hasn't a chance against how Burnley defend at home.

I'd agree if he hadn't ran offside all the time of contemplate agreeing with you

Getting caught off 6 times in 60 minutes ish is criminally bad

People slating Lloris for his kicking today, but ffs, half of the back passes to him were fudging terrible, bouncing knee high and inside the posts, and others when he was already under pressure!

It's just a default criticism. What is good kicking anyway? Into the opposition penalty box?

Woohoo !

Win ugly - no team shape, but that was their plan methinks

draw in late game would see good-ish weekend for us
I think last season we could have choked and may have drawn or lost that game.

Credit as we look like we have some better mentality, but still making same mistakes (Dier) and wasting good chances but 3 points none the less.

I didn't think Long made that much off a difference. He did fine, but Southampton were creating chances before that. And in the final 15 when Southampton are supposed to put us under pressure being the one goal behind they did very little and Long was ineffective at best. I think Gabbiadibi would have been worse to handle.

The sub that changed things for me (again) was Winks for us. Got the game back into control. Tweak of the system didn't hurt either.

Good game overall against good opposition. But plenty of room for improvement.

Last edited:
Back