• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Southampton ***

could only follow on here today, still stressful

if i'd have been watching it no doubt I would have been in full meltdown

What happened? After the second goal we just stopped. Lloris will never be absolutely top drawer as a keeper because he regularly has games like this where he loses his nerve. Looked like an accident waiting to happen all day. Davies, sorry, not up to it. He panicked and they should have had a stone wall penalty. Apart from Eriksen's running, there wasn't much to be happy with in todays performance, apart from the fact that we won. I hope Poch really reves them up after the game.

Hard fought 3 points. Well done! We're just a properly good TEAM now! In hindsight, Trippier should probably have started. Walker was visibly not 100% today.

A fan of Trippier but he was poor when he came on. That said, it's a tough gig to come on like that so he gets a pass.

Rest of your post is spot on.

What happened? After the second goal we just stopped. Lloris will never be absolutely top drawer as a keeper because he regularly has games like this where he loses his nerve. Looked like an accident waiting to happen all day. Davies, sorry, not up to it. He panicked and they should have had a stone wall penalty. Apart from Eriksen's running, there wasn't much to be happy with in todays performance, apart from the fact that we won. I hope Poch really reves them up after the game.

Well aren't you a bundle of joy.

Yes, not a good performance at all, but hey, another win. Annoyingly though you look at the table and if United win their game in hand we are still only 4pts ahead of 5th place.
They are all cup finals now

What game did you watch?

That second half was terrible. When you make no attempt at playing attacking football whatsoever, 45 minutes is long time. Whenever we stop playing and try to "control" games, we seem to struggle. It doesn't suit us, and I hope we decide to continue attacking in future rather than give the opponent the freedom to attack us without offering any threat ourselves. So many poor decisions in that second half too. We seemed intent on shooting ourselves in the foot.

Janssen should have been on earlier. At least he keeps the ball up. Son is no striker for me. I'd prefer Janssen to start against Burnley if Kane is still out.

Southanpton, to their credit, was one of the best teams I've seen at the Lane this season. Decent passing and moving, and actually tried to attack even before the went behind.

Bit harsh. Southampton were very good second have and we dug deep and won the game. You've gotta have it in your locker to do that. Not every game will be as easy as West Brom, Stoke or even Everton.

There was quite a bit to be positive about. We won, we worked like dogs when we had to in the last 20, Dembele was fantastic and they never troubled Hugo after the goal really.

Also, if we have one world class player, it's Hugo.

Thought we had a good first half. Fell asleep somewhat second half, always thought a second from soton was coming, but they didn't create much to tell the truth.

Good win on a bit of a below par day. I'll take that any day of the week this close to the end of the season. :)

Bit harsh. Southampton were very good second have and we dug deep and won the game. You've gotta have it in your locker to do that. Not every game will be as easy as West Brom, Stoke or even Everton.

I think in most times I read anything about football this is whats always overlooked, no such thing as footballing Utopia especially when your playing against a team like Southampton who want to make it difficult, they succeeded in that but we walk away with the points.

IN that respect I am very happy

Whew. We weren't great, and we were second to loose balls and challenges far too much for my liking - it wasn't a tactical thing, since we were never outnumbered in midfield or when in possession, but we definitely lost more than our usual share of individual battles today. Particularly in the second half. Wanyama looked a little rusty, and maybe he should have been subbed off earlier - ditto Walker. Toby made an uncharacteristic error ,and Lloris shanked what seemed like twenty-odd goal kicks straight out of play close to the technical area.

However, having said that, a win's a win, and we still could have scored two or three more than we did in the end were we more clinical in possession - we weren't *bad*, just below par. And I'll happily take that heading into the international break as long as it comes with the three points, as it did today. ;)

Back