• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Some Spanish team apparently**

I'd say we should do it as late as possible.

Either way, I'll take Levy's financial management over The Brains Trust that is Ferdinand, Hoddle and Lineker (Lampard in fairness to him didn't bang on about it too much).

Fair enough. I love Levy. Think he is the best chairman in the league.

He now has the best manager in the league, one of the best teams, a great stadium on the way. He built all that from mediocrity. I just hope he has a plan to ensure we maintain and build on what we have.

All the ex pros I've listened to have said they'd be knocking on the chairmans door. I know if I was Kane, I'd be looking at the 5-7 million I'm leaving on the table.

It doesn't mean he's unhappy. The lad has shown us great loyalty. But the situation is not sustainable. If he was to continue to short change himself, that'd be 50-70 million he'd leave behind him over the course of his career. What if he got seriously injured? That's before you even think about the fact that we've won nowt so far and proven winnners will come looking for him.

We need to pay the players somewhere near what they could earn in the market if we can afford it or if we'll be able to afford it with the new stadium.

What we are doing is not sustainable.

I'm sure we'll do what we can when we can.

In large part, that's what the stadium's for.

If we can't move quickly enough and lose one or two on the way, so be it. We, and the club will be here much longer than the - admittedly great - current crop of players.

All the ex pros I've listened to have said they'd be knocking on the chairmans door. I know if I was Kane, I'd be looking at the 5-7 million I'm leaving on the table.

It doesn't mean he's unhappy. The lad has shown us great loyalty. But the situation is not sustainable. If he was to continue to short change himself, that'd be 50-70 million he'd leave behind him over the course of his career. What if he got seriously injured? That's before you even think about the fact that we've won nowt so far and proven winnners will come looking for him.

We need to pay the players somewhere near what they could earn in the market if we can afford it or if we'll be able to afford it with the new stadium.

I don’t think anyone believes the wage ceiling is sustainable long term or even mid term. But we have to work within its confines for this season at least. There will be new contracts and increased wages I’m sure, as we have seen in past seasons. Enough to see most of the players into the new stadium. End of next season is when we really need to start upping the ante, imo.

Anyway, I’m still buzzing after that result. Sleep will be a long time coming.

My mate complained about Aurier. What absolute rubbish. He caused the pen, but had to try to stop one of the best players in the world to slot in an easy goal. He had an assist. He had a great shot saved. He attacked and got around on the flank at least 4-5 times, and had a few good crosses as well. Did his part defensively. I thought he was really good. Keep in mind we played real Madrid. Did well for me.

Kane and Eriksen a bit below par, but more than good enough overall. The rest of our lads did well. Llorente impressed me up top, he'll be an asset for us this season. Some lovely deft touches, reading of the game, great positioning, won a lot of headers, great ball control, passes. Excellent, I thought.

Well impressed with our lads today. You made us proud! A win against apoel now, and we should be through.

Harry is the main man and future of a club sitting top of a CL group with RM and Dortmund in it.
Money may not be that important under those circumstances.

You're talking about lads losing £5 million a season compared to what they could earn elsewhere.

Rose and Toby have made it public (in different ways). We're foolish if we think Harry, Alli, Eriksen and people like that aren't having similar thoughts.

If we can afford to increase wages with the stadium, we should invest and do it now.
So Rose I think we may be vulnerable to losing, his recent injury record may mean that his bargaining position was not as strong as it may have been. Toby is the one I think we could stretch this years budget for given his situation (he hasn't signed a new deal as recently as any other major player IIRC too) Kane has the run of the place and that may be part of the reason for his apparent patience, perhaps preferring sporting goals to playing less games and minutes elsewhere (in the immediate term). Alli i worry about but I also think he's at the best place for his development right now. Maybe I'm being a little naive but I think the Poch factor will keep us going until we get the new ground and the most important players will have been dangled the relevant carrots. The whole thing with the stadium is we are having to finance it now for the sustainability it will give us to increase wages later with the increased revenue, so we can't borrow against that future income as well to finance a wholesale wage increase.

I don’t think anyone believes the wage ceiling is sustainable long term or even mid term. But we have to work within its confines for this season at least. There will be new contracts and increased wages I’m sure, as we have seen in past seasons. Enough to see most of the players into the new stadium. End of next season is when we really need to start upping the ante, imo.

Anyway, I’m still buzzing after that result. Sleep will be a long time coming.

I'm with you mate. Think I'm just trying to bring myself back to earth after tonight. This is Tottenham after all. As Roy Keane said "they'll always let you down". I can't fudging handle the hope nights like tonight bring.

I'm with you mate. Think I'm just trying to bring myself back to earth after tonight. This is Tottenham after all. As Roy Keane said "they'll always let you down". I can't fudging handle the hope nights like tonight bring.

Well,this is who we are now. A team on the up and taking our chances on the big stage.
We’d all better get used to it!

Perhaps the alternative is not yet sustainable either.

I think we’ve got to trust Levy, given where he has got us to.

Sorry, but the use of that word without attaching any irony means that those of us who live in civilisation are not permitted to listen to your opinion.

Would you like me to install a queen's English filter on t' forum? ;)

Back