• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Saudi Sportswashing Machine ***

don't underestimate the pulling power of a manager who plays fun football and who promotes youth. Chelsea might pay a lot for a long time, but you then face playing on loan on in the doldrums for years to come.
I think the $$$ will speak louder than a manager that plays fun football, I'm afraid.

I think they both have the atributes
Sessegnon needs self confidence
Spence needs coaching
Both have the technical skills
Would be great to see
I think angeball with the ability to swap out players on 60 minutes to make positive subs would be massive
It seems to me that Spence needs to change his attitude. If he does that, he'll get his chance.

It seems to me that Spence needs to change his attitude. If he does that, he'll get his chance.
The attitude that no one knows but we assume about .
It will be body language next
Sorry, I sound like I’m having a go at you personally and he may well be a bad fif
My issue is the old myth it’s about training… I know of several spurs stars that were poor trainers and brilliant players. It happens
Spence may be anything

The attitude that no one knows but we assume about .
It will be body language next
Sorry, I sound like I’m having a go at you personally and he may well be a bad fif
My issue is the old myth it’s about training… I know of several spurs stars that were poor trainers and brilliant players. It happens
Spence may be anything
In today's game and with this manager I don't think there's room for "poor trainers." You train poorly, you don't play. Only exceptions are for players with chronic injuries that simply can't train like the rest.

As for Spence, I sure hope it was just a matter of too many FBs, because the kid's got talent.

One is a stamp on a foot, the other is a full powered kick through the back of a leg on the calf. I know which I’d rather receive

Not seen anyone mention that Romero actually had two kicks at Wilson, the initial contact with his right foot and a swipe with his left for good measure. It Matty Cash had done that to one of our players we’d be fuming. Though Cash would have likely injured our player for 6 months.

So, at SJP last season, our lowest point for some time, the sky team were convincing us This was the passing of the baton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine were taking our place in the top tier.

Any comments?

Thought at the time it was a ridiculous viewpoint and totally disrespectful to the sustainable level our club has been built to, it was a terrible day in a bad period no more.

So, at SJP last season, our lowest point for some time, the sky team were convincing us This was the passing of the baton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine were taking our place in the top tier.

Any comments?

Thought at the time it was a ridiculous viewpoint and totally disrespectful to the sustainable level our club has been built to, it was a terrible day in a bad period no more.

Given the resources they have I don’t think it was a ridiculous viewpoint. They finished 4th last season and are thereabouts this season, they’re been killed by injuries like us.

Not seen anyone mention that Romero actually had two kicks at Wilson, the initial contact with his right foot and a swipe with his left for good measure. It Matty Cash had done that to one of our players we’d be fuming. Though Cash would have likely injured our player for 6 months.
The swipe with the left foot is just a trip to stop him getting away. There's no excessive force, everything is low down, no studs showing, nothing that makes it a red. It wouldn't be getting talked about if it wasn't for that clown Neville trying to make out it was a terrible tackle.

Given the resources they have I don’t think it was a ridiculous viewpoint. They finished 4th last season and are thereabouts this season, they’re been killed by injuries like us.
It was way too early to be writing us off! As if that few months at the end of the Conte era and under Stellini defined what we were going to be as a football club going forward?! Ofcourse the Levy out phalanx lapped it up, but we were never going to be dropping right out of it, the clubs too well run despite what some like to pedal.

Come on mate, Romero follows through on his tackles, a little bit of old school afters (has no place in today's game), he doesn't back out of 50/50's, but it isn't fudging Cash not playing the ball, going high and clearly (more than once) resulting in long term player injury.

I'd probably hate Romero on another side, but I think he relishes the tackle more than he's trying to fudging hurt the player. And a big part of that is Romero is very rarely outclassed by other players (he's very good), Cash is the kind of asshat who couldn't get anywhere near Bentancur so had to resort to hurting him.

The swipe with the left foot is just a trip to stop him getting away. There's no excessive force, everything is low down, no studs showing, nothing that makes it a red. It wouldn't be getting talked about if it wasn't for that clown Neville trying to make out it was a terrible tackle.

Michael Dawson also thought it was an awful tackle as well and he used to play for spurs

It was way too early to be writing us off! As if that few months at the end of the Conte era and under Stellini defined what we were going to be as a football club going forward?! Ofcourse the Levy out phalanx lapped it up, but we were never going to be dropping right out of it, the clubs too well run despite what some like to pedal.

Yeah but it was also an admission that Saudi Sportswashing Machine were on the up and their resources at the very least make them a threat. We haven’t been very well run the last few years so I’d have to partially disagree with some of your post. Although getting Ange looks like a very shrewd move. Getting the managerial appointment right is arguably the most important part of the football operation. Let’s see if Levy backs Ange long term and see how he reacts if we have a bad season or two like Arsenal did finishing 8th two seasons in a row but kept faith with Arteta. Things look very good for us now. At the time when we lost 6-1 to Saudi Sportswashing Machine we were not a very well run club so I don’t think the comments were too OTT again given the financial muscle Saudi Sportswashing Machine now have.

Come on mate, Romero follows through on his tackles, a little bit of old school afters (has no place in today's game), he doesn't back out of 50/50's, but it isn't fudging Cash not playing the ball, going high and clearly (more than once) resulting in long term player injury.

I'd probably hate Romero on another side, but I think he relishes the tackle more than he's trying to fudging hurt the player. And a big part of that is Romero is very rarely outclassed by other players (he's very good), Cash is the kind of asshat who couldn't get anywhere near Bentancur so had to resort to hurting him.

Cash is a thug and will probably end up in the championship in 2-3 years. Romero is clearly a top player but he’s also dirty. If Cash played for Spurs and Romero played for Villa you’d probably get people defending him and slating Romero but that’s how tribal football is. I just don’t get why Romero needed to make a tackle like that at 4-0 up when he’s just come back from a ban. There’s playing with an edge and there’s just plain stupidity.

Cash is a thug and will probably end up in the championship in 2-3 years. Romero is clearly a top player but he’s also dirty. If Cash played for Spurs and Romero played for Villa you’d probably get people defending him and slating Romero but that’s how tribal football is. I just don’t get why Romero needed to make a tackle like that at 4-0 up when he’s just come back from a ban. There’s playing with an edge and there’s just plain stupidity.

see above :)

Yeah but it was also an admission that Saudi Sportswashing Machine were on the up and their resources at the very least make them a threat. We haven’t been very well run the last few years so I’d have to partially disagree with some of your post. Although getting Ange looks like a very shrewd move. Getting the managerial appointment right is arguably the most important part of the football operation. Let’s see if Levy backs Ange long term and see how he reacts if we have a bad season or two like Arsenal did finishing 8th two seasons in a row but kept faith with Arteta. Things look very good for us now. At the time when we lost 6-1 to Saudi Sportswashing Machine we were not a very well run club so I don’t think the comments were too OTT again given the financial muscle Saudi Sportswashing Machine now have.
It was just a lazy narrative by sky, nothing more than that. I very much doubt they gave it more than a seconds thought based on the league table and form. But it played well with the mood of our fan base at the time.

If the fans are happy and there’s signs of improvement then they’ll be no issue with finishing 8th I wouldn’t have thought. The league is way more competitive now than it was when the likes AVB, or even Poch and Jose got sacked. And let’s not forget the only manager the fans themselves didn’t really want out in recent times is Poch (who wanted out himself), it’s not like Levy was making mistakes in the sackings. Which seems to be the implication when this is brought up.

It was just a lazy narrative by sky, nothing more than that. I very much doubt they gave it more than a seconds thought based on the league table and form. But it played well with the mood of our fan base at the time.

If the fans are happy and there’s signs of improvement then they’ll be no issue with finishing 8th I wouldn’t have thought. The league is way more competitive now than it was when the likes AVB, or even Poch and Jose got sacked. And let’s not forget the only manager the fans themselves didn’t really want out in recent times is Poch (who wanted out himself), it’s not like Levy was making mistakes in the sackings. Which seems to be the implication when this is brought up.

Football fans and pundits always live the moment and get carried away with form. But do you think they were wrong to talk up Saudi Sportswashing Machine given the resources they have now?

The sackings themselves weren’t the problem (although the timing of the Jose sacking was a very poor decision), hiring the managers that didn’t fit the ethos of the club was the bigger issue. I would say so far Ange has been a great call, Poch was a good decision, the rest have been bad choices and the buck stops with the person hiring said managers. I myself have said I’ll take a season or two of disappointing league finishes if I can see progression and the football is good to watch and I think most fans would agree. Whether levy will take that view remains to be seen. Let’s say we finish somewhere between 4th-6th this season but we get unlucky with injuries again next season and finish 9th but we win a FA Cup. I’d be skeptical to see if levy would allow Ange to continue.

Football fans and pundits always live the moment and get carried away with form. But do you think they were wrong to talk up Saudi Sportswashing Machine given the resources they have now?

The sackings themselves weren’t the problem (although the timing of the Jose sacking was a very poor decision), hiring the managers that didn’t fit the ethos of the club was the bigger issue. I would say so far Ange has been a great call, Poch was a good decision, the rest have been bad choices and the buck stops with the person hiring said managers. I myself have said I’ll take a season or two of disappointing league finishes if I can see progression and the football is good to watch and I think most fans would agree. Whether levy will take that view remains to be seen. Let’s say we finish somewhere between 4th-6th this season but we get unlucky with injuries again next season and finish 9th but we win a FA Cup. I’d be skeptical to see if levy would allow Ange to continue.
They were talking down Tottenham to clearly OTT level, that’s my point. On Saudi Sportswashing Machine, they will be there or there about in a few years but this seasons struggles for them could have been predicted with the extra games and their squad, with an ounce of foresight. They performed out of their skins last season, almost Leicester-esque.

Some fans wanted a “winning” manager, some fans didn’t. It’s very easy to critique managerial appointments in hindsight. If the fans are happy with Ange then so will Levy be. If they’re not then he’ll be gone like AVB, Jose, Conte and everyone else the fans wanted out.

Back