• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v S.S. Lazio***

Is Bale suspended, he was booked against Maribor (H) and Panathinaikos (A). Or is it 3 bookings for a suspension?

Is Bale suspended, he was booked against Maribor (H) and Panathinaikos (A). Or is it 3 bookings for a suspension?

Googled it myself...

Article 22.02b

from the first match in the group stage, a player is suspended for the next
competition match after three cautions in three different matches, as well
as following any subsequent odd-numbered caution (fifth, seventh, ninth,
etc.)

We'll need to be at our best to get a result, Lazio have been excellent at home this season, they've already beaten Roma and AC Milan at home. Nine games, seven wins, one draw and one defeat.

We'll need to be at our best to get a result, Lazio have been excellent at home this season, they've already beaten Roma and AC Milan at home. Nine games, seven wins, one draw and one defeat.

After the fuss that was made before the competition about us playing our strongest side and taking it seriously, if we fail to get past the group stage it would be a major disappointment.

i wasn't impressed with them in the home game, should have won quite comfortably. not that that means much going in to this game - reckon we'll be going for it and line up similar to how we did against Arsenal

From an international Lazio forum:

High profile match > Please for the love of GHod, play the entire first team if possible.

Did we really spend the entire last season chasing a european spot, then to face one of the big teams of europe....and then...we will use the reserves/number of reserves?

I loose every last bit of respect I have for this tournament and us participating in it, if we use the reserves..mainly because then Spurs will wipe the floor with us. Would be sorta hilarious if that happens and then next year people celebrate the fact at least we got EL.

so to say in short: use the GHod damn 1st team because its tottenham we play, because we can qualify with a win and because possibly this match will be spoken about and a win will boost our reputation.

They've got to get past us first.

paying us a lot of respect in the comments Jordinho posted on the previous page, good to see

evidence to show we did make a lasting impression in the CL under HR

I would like to see Lloris continue in goal.

I would like to see Carroll.

Dawson should start.

Defoe will be vital for us in the next 3 games with Ade suspended, would like to see Ade start with Dempsey or Sig just behind him. That would give Defoe a rest and one of those players a chance to show what they can do alongside Ade.

I would like to see Lloris continue in goal.

I would like to see Carroll.

Dawson should start.

Defoe will be vital for us in the next 3 games with Ade suspended, would like to see Ade start with Dempsey or Sig just behind him. That would give Defoe a rest and one of those players a chance to show what they can do alongside Ade.

+1 - my thoughts exactly

LAZIO FACTS & FIGURES:

It's been a rollercoaster ride for Lazio since our goalless draw in September - but the Rome giants are back in form ahead our meeting in Matchday Five of the Europa League on Thursday.

They lost back-to-back games in Serie A against Genoa and Napoli after that clash at White Hart Lane but followed up with four straight wins in all competitions, including a 3-2 victory against AC Milan.

That was followed by a run of five without a win in all competitions and a 4-0 loss at Catania on November 4.

If the Biancocelesti needed a kick-start to return to form, it arrived in the shape of the Rome derby against Roma on November 11 and they ran out 3-2 winners at the Stadio Olimpio.

Lazio followed that with a goalless draw against leaders Juventus in Turin last week to hold onto fifth place in Serie A.

Here are a few more stats...

- Lazio have lost just one home league match this season against Genoa in September, winning four of their five other home games.

- Miroslav Klose has scored seven league goals in 12 games this season - he's third in the Serie A top goalscoring list.

- Lazio are currently on 23 points from 13 games played in Serie A after a goalless draw at leaders Juventus this weekend. They remain fifth in the league, nine points off the summit.

- A win on Thursday will guarantee Lazio first place in Europa League, Group J. Spurs could also qualify with a win, provided Panathinaikos either win or draw at home against NK Maribor.

- Spurs and Lazio drew 0-0 in their first meeting on Matchday One, with Hugo Lloris keeping a clean sheet in his first game for Spurs, though his opposite number Federico Marchetti was the busier goalkeeper on the night - we also had two goals disallowed.

- Lazio have won five of their last six European home games – including all three this season – with that run broken up by a 3-1 loss to eventual winners Atletico in last season's round of 32.

- Lazio have conceded just twice in six European games this season, and never more than once in a single match.

- Libor Kozak is their leading scorer in the Europa League this season with two goals in two games.

UEFA Europa League Goalscorers & Statistics 2012-13

Must play Adebayor given he'll be suspended in teh league. Given Dempsey and Siggy have been a shower of brick I'd like to see us play Mason or Prtichard in that role - yes I know they're kids and I know its a big game however Dempsey and Siggy have done nothing all season so I dont see how Mason or Pritchard can contribute less. Carroll deserves a game as well

--------------Freidel (so that Lloris plays on Sun)---------------

--Naughton--------Dawson-------Caulker---------Vertonghen--

--Lennon----------Sandro--------Carroll----------Townsend--
--------------------------Mason----------------------------

-------------------------Adebayor---------------------------

subs: Lloris, Walker, Thudd, DEMBELE!!, Bale, Sigurdsson, Defoe

Same team as Saturday, please with Dawson and Carroll in for Gallas and Huud

And Falque for Lennon

And Defoe should either be rested or given 45 minutes at most. We cant afford to be without him now that ADE is suspended.

By the way, what a bricker Ade is - not fit at the beginning of the season, then threw his toys out the pram (or was injured) then cost us the game against Arse, now is suspended and in Jan will be off the the ACN. Nice to know exactly what we are paying his wages for.....

Last edited:
And Falque for Lennon

And Defoe should either be rested or given 45 minutes at most. We cant afford to be without him now that ADE is suspended.

By the way, what a bricker Ade is - not fit at the beginning of the season, then threw his toys out the pram (or was injured) then cost us the game against Arse, now is suspended and in Jan will be off the the ACN. Nice to know exactly what we are paying his wages for.....

Really? Still?

Oh, and we signed him knowing what his fitness levels were. We also signed him knowing that he could be going to the ACN.

Really? Still?

Oh, and we signed him knowing what his fitness levels were. We also signed him knowing that he could be going to the ACN.

We didnt sign a crock - who cost us a game, robbed us of his service for a further three and then f***s off to the ANC leaving us bereft of his services while still paying his (enormous wages).

Its about time he showed us some payback.

We didnt sign a crock - who cost us a game, robbed us of his service for a further three and then f***s off to the ANC leaving us bereft of his services while still paying his (enormous wages).

Its about time he showed us some payback.

Seriously, the ANC thing was known and to me it seems silly to react like this to a player wishing to represent his country in a big international tournament.

Glad you've stopped the "toys out of his pram" thing at least, hopefully for good unless there's some actual fudging evidence of anything like that happening.

What you're left with is one red card...

yeah what a bastard getting niggly injuries because he had little to no presason as he was angling for a move to us

and the sheer audacity of the guy to want to go and represent his national team in major tournaments

the swine

yeah what a bastard getting niggly injuries because he had little to no presason as he was angling for a move to us

and the sheer audacity of the guy to want to go and represent his national team in major tournaments

the swine

Quality player but he does seem to be a problem always waiting to happen.

Back