• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v S.S. Lazio***

I'd save Lloris and Caulker(if he's back) for Sunday, Friedel and Gallas can play this one. I'd be surprised if any of Smith, Falque or Townsend start.

Just remembered that Smith went on loan to Millwall the other week so he certainly won't be playing :)

Agree with this. Give Caulker an extra few days rest to fully recover

-------------------------------------Lloris-----------------------------------

Smith--------------------Dawson------------Caulker----------Naughton

---------------------------Huddlestone-------Carroll----------------------

-------------------------------------Sigurddson----------------------------

-----Falque------------------------------------------------------Townsend-

-------------------------------------Adebayor-------------------------------

Smith is on loan at Millwall.

-----------------Friedel--------------
Naughton----Dawson----Vert-----Bale
-----------Sandro-----Carroll---------
Lennon----------------------Sigurdsson
-----------------Ade------------------

Tough match and one we have to win to arrest this slide and to ensure qualification to the next stage in my opinion. Would be a real boost taking the win away from home. The next three Premiership games we should be looking for a minimum of 7pts and we need to arrest the slide to ensure we are comfortable in our mindset when we play the Spammers.

-----------------Friedel--------------
Naughton----Dawson----Vert-----Bale
-----------Sandro-----Carroll---------
Lennon----------------------Sigurdsson
-----------------Ade------------------

I just do not see a lot of goals in that team

If we are to stand any chance of rescuing our league season, we could do with bowing out of the Europa League, we're not good enough to compete in the later stages so don't see why we would want to waste player's fitness when the priority is Sunday's game.

If we are to stand any chance of rescuing our league season, we could do with bowing out of the Europa League, we're not good enough to compete in the later stages so don't see why we would want to waste player's fitness when the priority is Sunday's game.

Harry, is that you?

Tottenham's Europa League Line-Ups 2012-13...

P0092.png
P0093.png

Certainly agree we shouldn't be playing our best players in every game. We were clearly worn out in the 2nd half of last season. Not putting all the blame on the Europa league, but our players will be fudged if they play every game.

---------------------Lloris-------------------
Walker----Dawson---Caulker----Townsend
----------Livermore---Carroll--------------
---Falque-------------------------Dempsey
---------------------Sig---------------------
-------------------Adebayor-----------------

But more than likely we will be near full strength. Might be good if we can get Dembele some minutes.

I would maybe take the risk of gambling on winning our last match against Panathinaikos at home. Let those that need a rest sit this one out.

--------- Friedel
Livermore Dawson Caulker Naughton
------- Hudd Carrol
Falque --- Sig ---- Townsend
-------- Ade

Something like this with youngsters on the bench. We REALLY need to put on a good performance against the Spammers.

Edit: Forgot Ade. Of course, being Tottenham, the universe is likely to conspire against us and have Maribor win against Pana, then get what they need against Lazio if we lose.

From an international Lazio forum:

At least get a draw here because we will have hard game in serie a after this. I have a feeling pana can beat maribor.

Tottenham lost 5-2 to the London derby with Arsenal yesterday and Adebayor was send off. I guess their morale is low.

If anyone says we should go easy on Spurs because of the league match at the weekend, I think my head will explode.

Where are we playing this weekend?

We're playing home, against Udinese, but not in the weekend. the game is on Tuesday 27 Nov.

We need to attack this time and not just sit back and counterattack.. We want to prove we're capable of competing against teams such as Tottenham.. We're not a small team to be afraid to attack them!

Our bench proved it's more than capable to handle EL so far.. so let's do it!

Play the team that played vs Panathenaikos and rest the others for the home match vs Udinese which comes after that.

That team is capable of at least grabbing a draw.

Bizzari
Scaloni-Ciani-Biava-Lulic
Ederson-Cana-Brocchi-Mauri
Kozak-Floccari/Zarate

We are playing Udinese at Tuesday and Tottenham are great,why should we interestimate them like that?

High profile match > Please for the love of GHod, play the entire first team if possible.

Did we really spend the entire last season chasing a european spot, then to face one of the big teams of europe....and then...we will use the reserves/number of reserves?

I loose every last bit of respect I have for this tournament and us participating in it, if we use the reserves..mainly because then Spurs will wipe the floor with us. Would be sorta hilarious if that happens and then next year people celebrate the fact at least we got EL.

so to say in short: use the GHod damn 1st team because its tottenham we play, because we can qualify with a win and because possibly this match will be spoken about and a win will boost our reputation.

The fixture with Udinese was designed so both clubs can take EL seriously.

IMO for those members who think EL is "Serie B" and not worth the time, please reflect your opinion and ignore the topics on the forum.

Tottenham are struggling and are there for the taking.

Tottenham are beatable with the right approach, beating them secures us qualification, reputation and what's even more important - confidence in Europe. We will need that when facing tougher teams further in the tournament. We have plenty of time to recover for the match against Udine after this one.

100% It's our chance to qualify and we have enough time to prepare for udinese! We just need the right attitude and mentality..

From an Italian one:

those who are not strong in the house of Man.Utd not win. one of the two strongest teams in Europe

and only a full score in CL

will be a game that will tell us a lot about our strengths

Is a very strong team to Champions absolutely and in fact if the chelsea did the bang found themselves playing the cup with the big ears.

Thursday would need a victory if we are the first in the group, but it will be even more difficult when we went to London, imho.

I do not like playing against a wounded lion, especially unjustly hurt (not because 'the expulsion was not there, but because' losing ugly man with less has always been the flavor of the fraud ...) come in short angry, I preferred them calm.

What are you trying to imply? We should try and win the remaining games - Tottenham should be in Europe, and winning on the continent brings about confidence on home soil. We'll have some of our key player back for a tilt at the knockouts as well.

Interesting as always Jordinho, cheers. Nice to see they consider it a big game, and that we are obviously quite well-known around Europe.

Also refreshing to see that their fans take the Europa League seriously, and seem to really want to win this. Wish English fans would treat it the same way.

Very nice that the Italian league moved their league game to the Tuesday night so they have a good break. That means they dont play for 5 days so can afford to put out a strong team.

Premier league never help our European teams out like that.

I thought Ade was out till January ? No ? Ah good, then he score a couple/winner for us at Lazio, he owes us a big performance. Sooo much potential wasted, he needs his head properly focused.

Our defence here on in needs to be consistent, but i don't think it'll happen with suspensions and injuries.

2-0 to the Mighty Lilywhites, grow some !!

Back