• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Luton Town FC ***

I don't think I've ever seen a game where our opponents no9 spent more time in their box than ours. It's a bonus to have a manager who will pull top players when they're not performing, the substitutes helped improve the performance. Not a great display but their goal lead a charmed life at time and Porro was fouled for their goal, he may not have prevented it was a clear foul. Loved the way the pathetic protesters quicky turned round when we had an attack.

Second game at our new home, and my first win - also a 100 percent win ratio for my seven year old who attended his first match today!

It was, as so many times this season, a frustrating watch with sloppy defending and wasteful finishing, with a sprinkle of small margins going the wrong way. Thoroughly deserved win in the end, but again many question marks.

We don't look anywhere near the finished article, with several key players underperforming/playing poorly. I'm not overly worried, but would like us to be more decisive and determined in front of both goals on a consistent basis. This whole poor first half, good second half business is getting tireing.

But hey; three points, a sunny afternoon on East upper and a happy kid - can't really complain. COYS!

PS: I've only made it to two games in the last nine years, so this might be an old debate, but what’s with the disco vibe at the stadium? I can’t remember there ever being as much and as loud music before and after the game, and during the break, as it was today. It seems so forced, and was a bit annoying IMO. Made it hard to talk and detached me a bit from the atmosphere. Then again, might just be me getting older and grumpier.

And credit where it's due, I thought Luton played well, didn't kick, cheat or play act (well not too much on the last one) or resort to some of the crap we have seen from other opponents.
Luton feigned injury multiple times. Especially Andros Townsend. Any touch and they threw themselves to the floor, and the ref whistled.

A very frustrating game. Werner can do everything except shoot. Maybe we should play him in goal?

Never felt worried today despite going behind early, just had an inevitability to us coming back even though we weren’t at our best.

I do worry that some players aren’t performing as well as they could be and in some cases it’s been happening for a while. One player in particular is Kulusevski. I could never question his commitment as he never stops running, but personally I don’t think he’s an Ange type winger. He likes his wingers to stay wide and get to the byline, and Kulusevski being left footed naturally cuts in from the right. While Maddison was injured I think he played a well at times in the middle and wouldn’t be against him getting a go there again

9 fake Luton injuries up until we scored our 2nd
Then an Easter miracle happened and there was no more until the final whistle
Their constant cheating and timewasting did them no good

PS: I've only made it to two games in the last nine years, so this might be an old debate, but what’s with the disco vibe at the stadium? I can’t remember there ever being as much and as loud music before and after the game, and during the break, as it was today. It seems so forced, and was a bit annoying IMO. Made it hard to talk and detached me a bit from the atmosphere. Then again, might just be me getting older and grumpier.

"Managed Fun" has slowly been creeping over from america for years. Giant foam fingers and having to play imaginary bongos when the camera lands on you is coming next season.

Just a bit of fun and I know it’s immaterial now, and I understand about angles and perspective, butttttt look how deep in the goal the ball *appears* to be from this still.

Looks like the graphic could be a few frames later, maybe after the foot has made contact??

Could they have screwed this up or have I gone all conspiracy-theory?

Image added:

Attachments

• 43392DD6-AB90-4232-B806-D1D7315CE0DB.jpeg
    43392DD6-AB90-4232-B806-D1D7315CE0DB.jpeg
    141.5 KB · Views: 17
Wouldn't be the first time we've been done over by a goal line decision. Lucky it wasn't more costly

Just a bit of fun and I know it’s immaterial now, and I understand about angles and perspective, butttttt look how deep in the goal the ball *appears* to be from this still.

Looks like the graphic could be a few frames later, maybe after the foot has made contact??

Image added:

No offence to the random bloke with a dodgy screenshot, but I think I'll go with Hawkeye on this one.

Image added:
Hawk eye uses high speed cameras, not regular cameras. It's accurate to the millimetre. Also, it's irrelevant. The game has decided to use that technology to decide if the ball is over the line or not, so whatever margin of error it has, will go both ways, and the result is what it is, and has to be accepted.

Wonder what happened to this kid who ran on at the end

Sonny being Sonny was trying to get the kid off it looked

Attachments

• IMG_7218.jpeg
    IMG_7218.jpeg
    837.8 KB · Views: 8

Image added:
Hawkeye has been wrong once in however many years it's been in place, that's because they forgot to turn it on

It wasn't over the line

Back