• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Luton Town FC ***

Lifetime ban! 🤞;)

Regarding the ball over the line, that's one bit of tech I think works. So if the ref didn't get the alert on his watch, and the image shows it wasn't all over, than I trust that call.
100%
I was behind the goal and it looked like it hadn’t crossed
The image shows it hadn’t crossed the line fully
The tech said it…
We won
We move on surely.

Just a bit of fun and I know it’s immaterial now, and I understand about angles and perspective, butttttt look how deep in the goal the ball *appears* to be from this still.

Looks like the graphic could be a few frames later, maybe after the foot has made contact??

Could they have screwed this up or have I gone all conspiracy-theory?

Image added:
The photo is taken from a camera
The line image is computer created based on the line tech
Let’s not worry about something that didn’t happen

The photo is taken from a camera
The line image is computer created based on the line tech
Let’s not worry about something that didn’t happen

Yes, I know that - and I literally said it’s a bit of fun, ergo: nothing to worry about.

I just thought it could be interesting to chat about because the camera angle shows it so deep in the goal. Nevermind.

Yes, I know that - and I literally said it’s a bit of fun, ergo: nothing to worry about.

I just thought it could be interesting to chat about because the camera angle shows it so deep in the goal. Nevermind.
The camera angle is completely opposite to what I saw behind the goal
Behind the goal it looked like it had barely crossed the line

Was chatting with my son on way home about the inverted winger tactic and if it works for us when both our fullbacks come infield. We looked more threatening when our wide players went on outside. Is Kulusevski better suited to away games where his work rate and ability to retain possession is important to us as we lack someone up top to hold ball.

I think Ange will have a big test next season, one way of playing has never been successful in a team like ours. He needs to be a bit more clever and adjust and make tweaks against different opposition. Only teams full of top quality players can carry on playing the same way week after week and I'm afraid we are no where near City, Liverpool and Arsenal and even those teams adjust their tactics when they feel they need to.

I think Ange will have a big test next season, one way of playing has never been successful in a team like ours. He needs to be a bit more clever and adjust and make tweaks against different opposition. Only teams full of top quality players can carry on playing the same way week after week and I'm afraid we are no where near City, Liverpool and Arsenal and even those teams adjust their tactics when they feel they need to.
I haven’t seen those teams adjust their tactics for anyone

I haven’t seen those teams adjust their tactics for anyone
There has been many occasions on here where people have commented how Pep over thinks the big games and changes his tactics when he didn't need to and just because the formation is the same doesn't mean the tactics are the same.

There has been many occasions on here where people have commented how Pep over thinks the big games and changes his tactics when he didn't need to and just because the formation is the same doesn't mean the tactics are the same.
And loses
That’s what he did in CL games
Changed the team and lost the game

Was chatting with my son on way home about the inverted winger tactic and if it works for us when both our fullbacks come infield. We looked more threatening when our wide players went on outside. Is Kulusevski better suited to away games where his work rate and ability to retain possession is important to us as we lack someone up top to hold ball.
Agree.
If a team has full backs that hug the line, then the wide players should come inside.
We do the opposite, full backs inside, so our wide players must give us the width, else we are playing on a tiny narrow pitch and cannot score.

Having said that, Kulu was one of the few who stood up to Luton and took the fight and knocked them about and fought his way up the pitch well, when others were collapsing. He just needs to stay wide, GHod knows we've all said it enough this year.

Arsenal adjusted theirs today massively for their game at Emirates Marketing Project. 11 men in their own third of the pitch for most of the game. Keeper mainly going long, etc.
Didn’t see todays game
But then that shows their intent
They will be celebrating a draw
So teams adjust the tactics and don’t actually get the wins they need

Didn’t see todays game
But then that shows their intent
They will be celebrating a draw
So teams adjust the tactics and don’t actually get the wins they need
They could easily have won the game with a couple of breakaways they had. They adjusted their game to get a result (draw is a good result at the Erihad)

Your exact words were: ‘haven’t seen those teams adjust their tactics for anyone’. I’ve seen Arsenal adjust theirs several times.

They could easily have won the game with a couple of breakaways they had. They adjusted their game to get a result (draw is a good result at the Erihad)

Your exact words were: ‘haven’t seen those teams adjust their tactics for anyone’. I’ve seen Arsenal adjust theirs several times.
And if you adjust the tactics and not win… imo you fail
Unless it’s a two legged cup tie
if they win the league with that point then it’s a great move… it not, it’s a loss

Last edited:
And if you adjust the tactics and not win… imo you fail
Unless it’s a two legged cup tie
if they win the league with that point then it’s a great move… it not, it’s a loss

Playing not to win is a terrible tactic, a draw can be a good result in certain games but approaching any game in a negative way demonstrates a lack of confidence in your players. Football teams rarely have the ability to flick a switch and change from playing defensively to free flowing attack.

Playing not to win is a terrible tactic, a draw can be a good result in certain games but approaching any game in a negative way demonstrates a lack of confidence in your players. Football teams rarely have the ability to flick a switch and change from playing defensively to free flowing attack.
You’re not necessarily playing not to win, you’re playing not to lose and you can still win via a counterattack or set piece. Mourinho won many big games using such tactics. They can be terrible to watch but also terribly effective, especially when you have a big, physical team who can defend spaces well.

Back