• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project

Anyone seen any pictures of the first goal? I'm more and more convinced it's offside. It was at least very close, but there was no delay for check, and no replays that froze the picture, like they use to do when it's tight.

Fair enough, I don't think Son has played particularly well overall this season and I'd go further and say I don't think he suits Ange ball that well.

For me he's not a CF, and Ange likes his wingers to stay wide which doesn't suit Sons game anymore. He doesn't have the blistering pace he once did, and he doesn't beat a man 1v1 with pure skill really so usually he's not really offering much out wide. I don't know what the answer is, whether it's sell him or keep him as a squad player but I'm not sure I'd want to see him starting next season and I say that as someone who loves Son.

Id have Richi ahead of him at CF everyday, and would look to upgrade the LWF area. Another CF is required, but I guess depends on how Ange rates Veliz and perhaps even one or two of the younger talents as to how big we go in on a CF in the transfer market....
Can't find the numbers, but I think he had like 7 or 8 goals and 3 assists in the first 10-11 games.

A lot of stuff going on...

Thought we put in a good performance. Impressive given the players missing and towards the end of a season with an incoming transfer window where some of those players probably will be sold.

You’ll feel less conflicted when Villa pick up points against Palace. As they were always going to anyway.
That's what I don't get about this "giving up the CL" argument.

If Villa needed a point at the weekend against a Palace team that's done for the season and probably very scared of injuries to any of their golden geese, they'd have got one.

Thought we played as well as we could without taking points off of them. Which is a theme with us recently. Promising play but lacking precision in both boxes.

That's what I don't get about this "giving up the CL" argument.

If Villa needed a point at the weekend against a Palace team that's done for the season and probably very scared of injuries to any of their golden geese, they'd have got one.
We've seen bigger "surprises" in fotball than Villa not getting a point off Palace when needing one...

Either way we didn't give up, we tried, but lost out.

Can't find the numbers, but I think he had like 7 or 8 goals and 3 assists in the first 10-11 games.
Yeah he started the season LW and was totally ineffective there, I remember being concerned because he had a poor year under Conte previously. He then got moved to CF and yes he went on a nice goal run. But in the second half of season as teams have learnt how to play against us he has shown he is not a CF for this team and his main weapon ie blistering pace has gone, I hope I'm wrong but I think he's only going to regress from here....

There was a better atmosphere last night than I was expecting. The way we played certainly helped with that and the built-in natural responses kicked in. There was no one that I saw around me (in the North) cheering or celebrating when City scored and everyone seemed to be willing us on when we attacked (although maybe there was a moment of ‘what happens now’” as Son was bearing down on goal near the end).

But I don’t agree that it was “small time” to join in with the City fans after their second to sing “Are you watching A*rsenal”. They are our rivals. I don’t want to see them winning the league (that doesn’t mean I was willing us to lose) and we just witnessed what was most probably (hopefully) the death of their title dreams. I mean if we can’t enjoy that moment of taking the p!ss out of them, when on earth can we? That is exactly the moment.
Maybe someone needs to draw up a list of when it is allowed for future reference.

Watkins would be top with 19 goals and no pens

City showed how to work the ref. They play for all and any advantage. After scoring the drama they injected into their ‘injuries’ allowed them to reset and disrupt the game. We let refs off by comparison. It’s are a machine. They pick up wins when not playing well. We’re the opposite. We play well and lose atm. That is why Ange is incensed. But an element of that anger is self directed. We need to be more canny as a side. More aware on the pitch.

But I am wholly behind how we play. Don’t forget a year ago this team could barely pass the ball. Now we’re able to pass and control games like the best of them. We still lack detail in defence and attack. We’re a bit hesitant attacking at times and often allow teams to get back in shape. We don’t drive into sides and lack some confidence as well as dynamic players. In defence we ship set piece goals like a relegation side. Change that to the league average instead, and we’d be in the CL.

Personally like Dragusin. I know VDV is a star, but Dragusin actually plays the ball a bit better than him (or would given a run of games). He gave the ball away too much last night but he’s cut from similar cloth to Romero and like to play out from defence. At 21 he’s impressive for his age.

We need a few more upgrades and to work on all the details.

There was a better atmosphere last night than I was expecting. The way we played certainly helped with that and the built-in natural responses kicked in. There was no one that I saw around me (in the North) cheering or celebrating when City scored and everyone seemed to be willing us on when we attacked (although maybe there was a moment of ‘what happens now’” as Son was bearing down on goal near the end).

But I don’t agree that it was “small time” to join in with the City fans after their second to sing “Are you watching A*rsenal”. They are our rivals. I don’t want to see them winning the league (that doesn’t mean I was willing us to lose) and we just witnessed what was most probably (hopefully) the death of their title dreams. I mean if we can’t enjoy that moment of taking the p!ss out of them, when on earth can we? That is exactly the moment.
Maybe someone needs to draw up a list of when it is allowed for future reference.
I’d respectfully disagree to be honest on the singing. I don’t believe people should sing when their team concedes even if it costs your rivals the title. I cringed a bit and it happened after the first goal too I think.

Each to their own though. It was such a weird evening, I don’t think there is a handbook for what you’re supposed to do or feel.

I’d respectfully disagree to be honest on the singing. I don’t believe people should sing when their team concedes even if it costs your rivals the title. I cringed a bit and it happened after the first goal too I think.

Each to their own though. It was such a weird evening, I don’t think there is a handbook for what you’re supposed to do or feel.
I do find it interesting that a lot of negativity towards the fan actions is by people who either aren’t spurs or weren’t there

I do find it interesting that a lot of negativity towards the fan actions is by people who either aren’t spurs or weren’t there

I was there, and almost got in a fudging fight because asshats were cheering fudging City and cheering even City subs .. absolute small club mentality .. are we Everton/West Ham that our only accomplishment is "sticking it to our rivals" ??

I was there, and almost got in a fudging fight because asshats were cheering fudging City and cheering even City subs .. absolute small club mentality .. are we Everton/West Ham that our only accomplishment is "sticking it to our rivals" ??
I didn’t see anyone doing that
There will always be small pockets

I didn’t see anyone doing that
There will always be small pockets

It wasn't small pockets mate, the fudging South stand sang "stand up if you hate Arsenal" and "are you watching Arsenal" repeatedly, and during play breaks (when City's keeper went down), yet never sang Ange's song, didn't sing for Vicario when he pulled off that stupid good save in first half ..

And when I called out the prick in front of me for cheering for City, his buddy and fudging Spurs season ticket holders wanted to give some flimflam excuse about "if I want Arsenal to win" ..

A lot of stuff going on...

Thought we put in a good performance. Impressive given the players missing and towards the end of a season with an incoming transfer window where some of those players probably will be sold.
And with the stadium dead silent. Honestly, I think it was embarrassing, and it tells a lot of the (fans of the) club that we'd rather lose because of Arsenal, and miss out on champions league, than win and go for our own opportunities. And Ange was visibly disturbed, hurt and furious about it! And rightly so! No wonder we win fudge all!

We should care fudge all about Arsenal, other than beating them, home and away. That should be our priority!

Back