• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project

I'll get slated for it, but Arsenal not winning the league this time really needs to be questioned, and for all the brick Spurs takes, is Arsenal's "success" just competing with City but never really winning anything?

City will improve again, make a couple of buys, probably walk the league. Think the next vulnerable point for them is when Pep walks (not too long?). Liverpool will be a big question mark, United have way too much work to do, Chelsea will be better but still not quite.
It’s why I see similarities with the peak much side
They will be only the second side in prem history I believe to have the best defence, most goals… and not win
Last side was us
And it was basis we drew too many games. Arsenal not winning the title here is very similar mentality wise

I'll get slated for it, but Arsenal not winning the league this time really needs to be questioned, and for all the brick Spurs takes, is Arsenal's "success" just competing with City but never really winning anything?

City will improve again, make a couple of buys, probably walk the league. Think the next vulnerable point for them is when Pep walks (not too long?). Liverpool will be a big question mark, United have way too much work to do, Chelsea will be better but still not quite.

Tbf to them (and i'm loathed to) if they don't win it and don't lose/draw on the final day they would have closed the gap on what City did last year....

It’s why I see similarities with the peak much side
They will be only the second side in prem history I believe to have the best defence, most goals… and not win
Last side was us
And it was basis we drew too many games. Arsenal not winning the title here is very similar mentality wise

Again, people will lecture me, tell me about bias, but I felt they lost the title when they played City, totally changed their style and clearly were there not to lose. The chance was to show themselves as the side in the PL, not the side that won because City had some off days ..

Again, people will lecture me, tell me about bias, but I felt they lost the title when they played City, totally changed their style and clearly were there not to lose. The chance was to show themselves as the side in the PL, not the side that won because City had some off days ..
I’ve said it since then
But I’ve been told I’m wrong repeatedly
The worst message to tell your team is we can’t afford to lose today
Especially when your flying
It’s an odd mix
Arsenal were hammering teams before that

No they lost it when they didn't take their chances in the first half at home to Villa.
Top teams over the years usually are cautious away at their rivals. If they'd won at home to Villa what we did/didn't do yesterday would largely be irrelevant. They also took 4 points off City, i believe the only club to do so this season

I’ve said it since then
But I’ve been told I’m wrong repeatedly
The worst message to tell your team is we can’t afford to lose today
Especially when your flying
It’s an odd mix
Arsenal were hammering teams before that

Let's be fair they continued to hammer teams after that, apart from Aston Villa and that wasn't for want of trying

No they lost it when they didn't take their chances in the first half at home to Villa.
Top teams over the years usually are cautious away at their rivals. If they'd won at home to Villa what we did/didn't do yesterday would largely be irrelevant. They also took 4 points off City, i believe the only club to do so this season
Nah
Villa took 6 points off Arsenal
Fulham have beaten them and drew too
But they wouldn’t have lost to Villa IMO if they had beat city

City have declined though
That won’t happen again IMo
They already have brought savio in to upgrade wide

Liverpool won the title in 2020 after they'd similarly pushed City very close. It's not a foregone conclusion that City will get better. I think they are a Walker injury away from being very 'human'...plus i still think Pep is a graveyard for strikers (despite his numbers i think Haaland has regressed and would have been even better with a coach that likes strikers..)

Nah
Villa took 6 points off Arsenal
Fulham have beaten them and drew too
But they wouldn’t have lost to Villa IMO if they had beat city

Ifs, buts and maybes. It's like saying if we had just beaten Fulham we'd have gone on to win all our games since.
Arsenal's lapse vs Villa wasn't because they didn't beat City it was because their finishing was poor on the day, for example they played better vs Villa than they did at WHL vs us...

Ifs, buts and maybes. It's like saying if we had just beaten Fulham we'd have gone on to win all our games since.
Arsenal's lapse vs Villa wasn't because they didn't beat City it was because their finishing was poor on the day, for example they played better vs Villa than they did at WHL vs us...
Well they player city and went to not lose
They played Villa and thought they would win
Mind set

Liverpool won the title in 2020 after they'd similarly pushed City very close. It's not a foregone conclusion that City will get better. I think they are a Walker injury away from being very 'human'...plus i still think Pep is a graveyard for strikers (despite his numbers i think Haaland has regressed and would have been even better with a coach that likes strikers..)
Pep won’t make the mistake he made last summer in selling goals
He let way too many goals leave last summer
Anyone beating city next season will need 95 points again
The pool team won a title in the Covid season. Very unusual circumstances for every side

Well they player city and went to not lose
They played Villa and thought they would win
Mind set

Most coaches would have that mindset, including Pep and Fergie...if they don't win the league it won't be because of 'mindset' but quality not being as good as City's over the whole season

Most coaches would have that mindset, including Pep and Fergie...if they don't win the league it won't be because of 'mindset' but quality not being as good as City's over the whole season
I don’t agree
They had less pressure than city imo and going there and playing to not lose starts a mind set off that we ain’t trying to win
And after spending a fortune in the summer to improve and win nothing again whilst finishing in the exact same place

Pep won’t make the mistake he made last summer in selling goals
He let way too many goals leave last summer
Anyone beating city next season will need 95 points again
The pool team won a title in the Covid season. Very unusual circumstances for every side

We'll see about who goes/comes in. They'll certainly try and get a KDB replacement, is that Savio?
City can be caught with good recruitment, timing and, of course, luck. I suspect it will be even more competitive next season for Pep.

Tbf to Pool they had the title effectively won long before Covid/lockdowns struck

We'll see about who goes/comes in. They'll certainly try and get a KDB replacement, is that Savio?
City can be caught with good recruitment, timing and, of course, luck. I suspect it will be even more competitive next season for Pep.

Tbf to Pool they had the title effectively won long before Covid/lockdowns struck

savio will replace silva
They will also add another 2/3 on top
And sell 1 or 2
It’s what you can do when your funded like they are
They will also replace Kalvin Philips

I don’t agree
They had less pressure than city imo and going there and playing to not lose starts a mind set off that we ain’t trying to win
And after spending a fortune in the summer to improve and win nothing again whilst finishing in the exact same place

They went the previous season with even less pressure (they were still ahead in the table, but just in bad form) and they played to wion and got absolutely battered. They learnt that lesson at least.

You are right that it might effect them that they spent a fortune and still won nothing (assuming City win on Sunday of course) but i think their owners (if not maybe some of their fans) will be happy to continue to back him. We can only but hope that they start next season with injuries to the likes of Saliba, Saka, Rice etc. Then we'll see how really good they are...

We've been out played by some pretty average teams this year, granted we will have another pre-season and some new players, I wouldn't rule it out.

Didn't we fail with a pretty easy group when we first got CL under mopo?
It's a totally different competition next year. It's one thing to finish 3rd in a group of 4. But to finish 25th or lower in a group of 36 is much more unlikely.

Back