• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project

Which was possible in part because we had more passing options, due to playing an extra midfielder instead of a striker. (Agree we just showed better quality on the ball too though).
Maybe
I mean haaland was a passenger until his tap in and they weren’t getting the ball

I hear you, and I'm certainly open to the fact that I can analyze things wrong. But looking at him in games, he's not what I think of as an effective and game-changing forward. Much like Son, he had a spell were everything went right, but I think few would contest that Son's min/goal ratio doesn't necessarily reflect how well he has played over the season. But I definitely agree that we don't need to sell, right now he's the best pure-ish striker we've got.
Fair enough, I don't think Son has played particularly well overall this season and I'd go further and say I don't think he suits Ange ball that well.

For me he's not a CF, and Ange likes his wingers to stay wide which doesn't suit Sons game anymore. He doesn't have the blistering pace he once did, and he doesn't beat a man 1v1 with pure skill really so usually he's not really offering much out wide. I don't know what the answer is, whether it's sell him or keep him as a squad player but I'm not sure I'd want to see him starting next season and I say that as someone who loves Son.

Id have Richi ahead of him at CF everyday, and would look to upgrade the LWF area. Another CF is required, but I guess depends on how Ange rates Veliz and perhaps even one or two of the younger talents as to how big we go in on a CF in the transfer market....

Fair enough, I don't think Son has played particularly well overall this season and I'd go further and say I don't think he suits Ange ball that well.

For me he's not a CF, and Ange likes his wingers to stay wide which doesn't suit Sons game anymore. He doesn't have the blistering pace he once did, and he doesn't beat a man 1v1 with pure skill really so usually he's not really offering much out wide. I don't know what the answer is, whether it's sell him or keep him as a squad player but I'm not sure I'd want to see him starting next season and I say that as someone who loves Son.

Id have Richi ahead of him at CF everyday, and would look to upgrade the LWF area. Another CF is required, but I guess depends on how Ange rates Veliz and perhaps even one or two of the younger talents as to how big we go in on a CF in the transfer market....
I agree
But son is untouchable for many reasons
If we use him as a squad player we may see more overall output from him (regardless of his numbers)
I do think we will what about an injury over the summer too

Well, I hope everyone is happy with that result. Scum don't get the trophy, we lose as I expected because we haven't been playing well plus we have fresh injuries. Ange is right about our mentality, we should go out to win games, who gives a sh1t about other teams?

I hope we go to Sheffield and win, but Im not counting my chickens just yet - we need at least a point to secure 5th no? That's all I care about.

Well, I hope everyone is happy with that result. Scum don't get the trophy, we lose as I expected because we haven't been playing well plus we have fresh injuries. Ange is right about our mentality, we should go out to win games, who gives a sh1t about other teams?

I hope we go to Sheffield and win, but Im not counting my chickens just yet - we need at least a point to secure 5th no? That's all I care about.
Actually if the teams below us don’t win tomo we qualify in advance

Maybe I worded it wrongly, my point was that Son like Richarlison has a better goal/mins stat than his overall contribution in matches suggests. I don't like to rely too much on statistics, as I think they fail to reflect what I see. And no, I don't think he has played well this season either. Anyway, Son is/was at his best when he has a Harry Kane in the box, that moves and keeps defenders guessing, and maybe an Eriksen behind that is available and can redistribute. Going for the line, cut in, shoot, cross, having options. When we are as static as we have been most of the latter part of this season, he's next to useless. It's easy to defend against players that don't move, all while waiting for the inevitable cross attempt. This coupled with his reluctance to shoot as much as before, and you have Son version 23/24. He's not been exactly helped by a team that has seriously underperformed either, or maybe overperformed at the start of the season. At least Richarlison moves, which helps Son, but that's mainly what he's good at.

It depends on Richie fitness going forward in my opinion.

Looking at the top 20 or so PL scorers, there are only two CFs with a better minutes per goal ratio than Richi in the league - Isak and Haaland. Richi with more luck with fitness would easily of had 20 plus goals. Of course staying fit is part of being a footballer, so it's all ifs and buts. But if he can prove his fitness I don't see any reason why we'd want to get rid save for a stupid offer....

Purely a matter of interest, how do those numbers stack up without pens?
We never get any, and Richie doesn't take them, but haaland does, how much does it skew the numbers

?

Not really
The tactics were about playing a way to limit them and create chances
We missed the chances we had which were better than there’s. That’s finishing
Didn’t think we looked that different to our other recent games; never felt we really threatened. We came up against City on a night when they had a lot to lose and that inhibited their play. They got over the line though - thanks to two goals from their out and out striker.

Back